View Poll Results: Should there be more than 1 Lasso?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 65.52%
  • No

10 34.48%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Attachment 127876

Attachment 127877

Very similar and worthy of discussion.
    That was one of the best Diana/Artemis moments and it sucks that it went literally nowhere.

I don't understand why we're here if it's not to grow the brand and make more people Wonder Woman fans. I also don't get why so many think small or are overprotective of Diana's place in the lore, to the extent they resist strengthening the Wonderverse.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Sidekicks exist to support the hero and carry their legacy and iconography where the hero can’t go. Hence multiple lassos. Wonder Woman can't be on every superhero team, but we can have Donna in Titans, Cassie in Young Justice, Artemis an Outsider. Yara in Future State, it only makes Wonder Woman bigger.

For those saying there should be only one lasso, the ship has already sailed on that. You’re trying to lock the barn door after the horse has escaped. I'm all for examining the psychological aspects of truth and it's ramifications on the individual encircled and society as a whole, but there are other stories to be told as well that don't involve truth.

Cassie's lightning lasso providing an intersection between anger, violence and pain is potentially as interesting as any story told about the Golden Perfect. The same could be said about the nature of persuasion and submission and the moral implications and their consequences. There's room enough for all the sidekicks and all the lassos, go big or go home.
    Growing the Wonder Woman brand doesn't mean cheap imitation. The Robin's and Batgirls are allowed to use different weapons, tools and skill sets from Batman. They don't even use batarangs most of the time. The Wonder Girls already have costumes and powers that let you know of their connection to Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Growing the Wonder Woman brand doesn't mean cheap imitation. The Robin's and Batgirls are allowed to use different weapons, tools and skill sets from Batman. They don't even use batarangs most of the time. The Wonder Girls already have costumes and powers that let you know of their connection to Wonder Woman.
    They have lassos too...

LASSO LIGHTNING.jpg

LASSO WG 2a.jpg

LASSO WG2b.jpg

Or in Yara's case a magic bola that she had to learn to use, that's a story you don't get from Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 01-02-2023 at 09:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I mean... we have the "Silent Armor" lasso too
    I loved that suit so much
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    where is this from please?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

The artwork would seem to indicate early 80s just prior to cancelation. Probably in the 300s. I will go sleuth

So the posted page is from 308 which is the aftermath of events in 307. The short is the bad guy (Aegeas or somesuch) upon being defeated by WW used the last of Zeus' lightning to go to Olympus where one God saw fit to give him access to Vulcan's tools, specifically his knives, which Aegewhatevs used to cut the lasso.

Screenshot_20230103_142302_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230103_142315_Chrome.jpg
    Last edited by Stanlos; 01-03-2023 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Add better pics, like ones you can see

Well I can't make the snips bigger but hopefully you can see the details from the issue before

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    So the posted page is from 308 which is the aftermath of events in 307. The short is the bad guy (Aegeas or somesuch) upon being defeated by WW used the last of Zeus' lightning to go to Olympus where one God saw fit to give him access to Vulcan's tools, specifically his knives, which Aegewhatevs used to cut the lasso.

Screenshot_20230103_142302_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230103_142315_Chrome.jpg
    Well I can't make the snips bigger but hopefully you can see the details from the issue before
    Yes, my friend, I can see the scans. Thank you so much!

I hadn't known of the lasso breaking and being tied into a knot nor of Diana's bracelets shattering.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I just right click > open in new tab

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I loved that suit so much
    It was a cool suit and lasso, too bad it came with constant agony and Cassie's backstory as a thief. It's a far beter look than the tween outfit she has currently.

It was a cool suit and lasso, too bad it came with constant agony and Cassie's backstory as a thief. It's a far beter look than the tween outfit she has currently.
    The tween look is fun but it's a constant reminder to me that her generation is supposed to be older.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    The tween look is fun but it's a constant reminder to me that her generation is supposed to be older.
    Yeah, take a look at a pic of Cassie wearing the Silent Armor:

how old does Cassie look? Seriously. me, I'd guess early 20s. Is that right? kinda?