View Poll Results: Should there be more than 1 Lasso?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 65.52%
  • No

10 34.48%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, take a look at a pic of Cassie wearing the Silent Armor:

how old does Cassie look? Seriously. me, I'd guess early 20s. Is that right? kinda?
    It's certainly the most grown-up she's ever been and she'd been a quasi-adult for a long time. When she and Kon were hot and heavy I'd think she'd be about 17/18 and he was dead for about a decade in real time. When Bendis brought back Young Justice there was speculation here that her added layers were to hide a pregnancy, but it turned out the big reveal was she had regressed chronologically as well as in characterization.

Hmmmm. Looking around the forums on the boards it feels like the DCU kind of has the same issue as "soap operas" where there CANNOT be kids and there CANNOT be people over 25.

Am I crazy? Or have you guys noticed this too?

There should be more than one lasso. It's on DC to actually use those power and color distinctions.

With the exception of Cassie right now the wonder character costume don't share a color scheme or a design with Diana. Diana's successors having a similar weapon to her brings them closer together.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I mean... we have the "Silent Armor" lasso too
    I always misremember the stars as spikes, would be cool if Cassie could go back to this look.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Attachment 127876

Attachment 127877

Very similar and worthy of discussion.
    A shame to hear the latter went nowhere. It's a great page.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Growing the Wonder Woman brand doesn't mean cheap imitation. The Robin's and Batgirls are allowed to use different weapons, tools and skill sets from Batman. They don't even use batarangs most of the time. The Wonder Girls already have costumes and powers that let you know of their connection to Wonder Woman.
    Damian, Tim and Dick have all used Batarangs, they just call them Birdarangs or Wingdings. And those are the three that have the same standing in the Batverse as Cassie or Donna should have in the Wonderverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Remember the JLA story by Joe Kelly where Diana's lasso is broken and then reality starts becoming a surrealistic nightmare because the lasso was a cosmic embodiment of many things including reality itself?

I like that story. I like how important and powerful the lasso is in that story. I also like how Diana the lasso is such a unique choice of equipment for Diana, that represents the unique way she looks at things including combat.

Other lassos running around diminish those qualities a lot. I think each member of the Wonder family should have their own unique tool with creative powers
    That's a great aspect and should most definitely only belong to Diana's Lasso of Truth.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    There should be more than one lasso. It's on DC to actually use those power and color distinctions.

With the exception of Cassie right now the wonder character costume don't share a color scheme or a design with Diana. Diana's successors having a similar weapon to her brings them closer together.
    Not true. Yara's costume is similar to Diana's and Donna already looks like Diana anyway. Also, not all sidekicks have the same color scheme as their mentors. Robin, Speedy and Aqualad don't wear the same colors as Batman, Green Arrow and Aquaman.

Damian, Tim and Dick have all used Batarangs, they just call them Birdarangs or Wingdings. And those are the three that have the same standing in the Batverse as Cassie or Donna should have in the Wonderverse.
    Damian, Tim and Dick also use swords, staffs and other weapons Bruce either never uses or doesn't do so as often. Furthermore, Dick, Tim and Damian were trained solely or mostly by Bruce while Donna and Cassie have multiple instructors.

More vintage Wonder Girl TEEN TITANS panels showing it's magical properties as also shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

[QUOTE=Avi;6321514]

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    More vintage Wonder Girl TEEN TITANS panels showing it's magical properties as also shown above.
    I like these vintage scenes, especially of Donna and her magical Lasso.

Wow, who knew Bumblebee could hold off the team way back then!

Of course, I was surprised to see her "Butt Blaster", lol!
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 01-14-2023 at 11:15 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Two more possible Lassos to add to the fold. They might as well just introduce the "Lasso of Multiverse"
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 09-07-2023 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Two more possible Lassos to add to the fold. They might as well just introduce the "Lasso of Multiverse"
    One is Donna's silver lasso, one is Artemis' that was Superwoman's

Astonishing Member

Need red, blue, white.

So, just to name all of the Lassos so far:

1. Diana's Magic Golden Lasso of Truth
    2. Donna's Magic Lasso from early on
    3. Donna's later non-magical but (Starr Labs?) science-created strong lasso
    4. Superwoman's Lasso which now is called the Lasso of Submission complete with barbs
    5. Cassie's Red Lasso with Stars
    6. Donna's Silvery Lasso of Persuasion
    7. The Black Lasso

Have I missed any?

8. Earth 2's Fury's (Donna) Red Lasso/whip (DonnaFan)
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 09-08-2023 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Added in missed Lasso

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

4. Superwoman's Lasso which now is called the Lasso of Submission complete with barbs
    7. The Black Lasso

Have I missed any?
    8. Earth 2's Fury's (Donna) Red Lasso/whip

I imagine that the Amazon Armory contains many such mystical objects including lassos with various properties. This maybe the origin of Donna's lasso of Persuasion and Lizzie/Trinity's 3 lassos.

View Post
    Remember the JLA story by Joe Kelly where Diana's lasso is broken and then reality starts becoming a surrealistic nightmare because the lasso was a cosmic embodiment of many things including reality itself?
    That was such a wonderful setup for a story. Diana had to face something where two contradictory takes on the same thing were both "the truth" and that by saving one persson she'd doom others.

Then they crapped out at the ending, gave her somebody to blame and punch, and said that saving this one person was worth ruing an entire civilization.

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    8. Earth 2's Fury's (Donna) Red Lasso/whip

I imagine that the Amazon Armory contains many such mystical objects including lassos with various properties. This maybe the origin of Donna's lasso of Persuasion and Lizzie/Trinity's 3 lassos.
    Ah, thank you, DonnaFan.

I added #8 into my previous list.

Hmmn, good theory about the Amazon Armory.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

7. The Black Lasso

Have I missed any?

8. Earth 2's Fury's (Donna) Red Lasso/whip (DonnaFan)
    Cassie previously had one that was a gift of Ares and had no special powers other than electrocuting people.

it's not clear if she kept that after renouncing her role as champion of Ares. she DID have a lasso, but it might have been a new one.... hard to be sure.