Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Listening to the recent Jurgens Word Balloon interview and I was surprised to hear him say he was a fan of the t-shirt and jeans portion of Morrison’s Action run.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Listening to the recent Jurgens Word Balloon interview and I was surprised to hear him say he was a fan of the t-shirt and jeans portion of Morrison’s Action run.
    Oh yeah, beardo Supes!!

Speaking of Jurgens, he writes Tarzan with a tad little bit of GA/Morrison Supes in the current Lord of the Jungle book (issue #2 just came out, it’s been quite good so far).

all of that was shaped by his sense of right and wrong. If he saw a problem or injustice that needed to be corrected, it would happen, no matter the cost.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Don't let the first half of the title give you the wrong idea, this video shows why Superman is an awesome character.

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I like how distinguished older bearded Supes looks

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Glad they’re finally collecting Busiek’s run again.

Oh and Hitch is teasing something, maybe DC will finally officially announce Testament?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I like how distinguished older bearded Supes looks

Reminds me of omniman honestly..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I’m going back on forth on whether I want to hold out for an omnibus of Busiek’s run and an Absolute of Birthright giving the Deluxe editions coming for both. Right now I’m leaning towards waiting… but who knows if that will ever even happen? Maybe in 2025 I might get those to coincide with Legacy but that’s by no means guaranteed.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Reminds me of omniman honestly..
    Omni-Man is pretty unique for a character due to being a brunette and having facial hair.

Several well-known Superman expies like Homelander and Plutonian tend to be clean-shaven and blonde. Also Miracleman though he's more of a retroactive case as he was originally a Shazam duplicate but Alan Moore wrote him more like a Superman expy.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Omni-Man is pretty unique for a character due to being a brunette and having facial hair.

Several well-known Superman expies like Homelander and Plutonian tend to be clean-shaven and blonde. Also Miracleman though he's more of a retroactive case as he was originally a Shazam duplicate but Alan Moore wrote him more like a Superman expy.
    Come silverage there isn't much difference between captain marvel and Superman...
    My suggestion,the tshirt sleeve should be rolled back to elbow.a bit of wear and tear here and there.Change the s shield to og.
    As for the other one,it doesn't work at all for me.If you want a circus suit.use it as one and be done with it..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-18-2023 at 08:29 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

I love these looks and that chunky belt is the best alternative to the trunks that I've seen.

This looks like a late 2000's DTV Superman.