Page 24 of 77 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    When did Clark start to finally come around to him?
    After he died in Infinite Crisis, Clark started being nicer to him.

Lmao I forgot how insanely horny the Superbooks were during the 00s. **** like this is crazy.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Lmao I forgot how insanely horny the Superbooks were during the 00s. **** like this is crazy.
    I think almost every comic was pretty horny in the 00s .

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm hoping he gets his own show at some point. He would've been perfect for the CW.

This is the goal for me,either show or movie.CW angst would fly high with his show,if they dig into the lex stuff,if not it could be a really fun,fast pace,super hero show,that would make stargirls show look dark and emo lol.

How would he be in the show If you had your way?

The lex stuff would be there for sure
    Kryptonian powers,all or most would be there for sure
    Probably black and red S symbol on black t-shirt would be there,maybe,I can see them trying to mix the OG supersuit with the black and red,with a leather jacket,make him super cool so his personality and attitude Pops.
    Tactile telekinesis would be great,they are bringing it back in the comics,so maybe they will in other media.

What about you ?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I freaking love Conner here,he always has the best one liners,he is so much fun
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    This is the goal for me,either show or movie.CW angst would fly high with his show,if they dig into the lex stuff,if not it could be a really fun,fast pace,super hero show,that would make stargirls show look dark and emo lol.

How would he be in the show If you had your way?

The lex stuff would be there for sure
    Kryptonian powers,all or most would be there for sure
    Probably black and red S symbol on black t-shirt would be there,maybe,I can see them trying to mix the OG supersuit with the black and red,with a leather jacket,make him super cool so his personality and attitude Pops.
    Tactile telekinesis would be great,they are bringing it back in the comics,so maybe they will in other media.

What about you ?
    https://at.tumblr.com/stuff-of-legen...g/gnqsw3f12oht

I did a fan pitch for a superboy game. It's centered around Conner in the Death of Superman storyline where he has to fill Clark's shoes.

I don't mind adapting it into a TV show format but I don't know if it would be the first season. Even in the pitch I imagine him as being around for a year or two before Clark dies. So you could do a season setting up his status quo before Clark dies exploring how he finds his bearing like YJ or New 52 did.

Superboy is the same as his 90s self. Cocky, full of swagger and uses TTK. He has a big arc with Miss Martian as a nod to the YJ cartoon. You could use Hawaii as the base and the Guardian as a mentor figure.

I don't know if I could actually use the Titans but the Ravers would be his friends at the start.

I don't mind Lex being his donor but I don't mind using Westfield either. It's just Westfield would need more fleshing out because Lex's connection is the stronger hook.

Outside if Lex, you'd have his family pop up. So expect Lenny from the Reeves films, Lionel from Smallville, his sister Lena and niece Lori (?) From the Lemire run etc.

I'm a writer myself and in my own work I tend to focus on the outsider struggling to fit in so that would permeate through the show. Just differently as Conner is not someone I created and there's more of an expectation with him.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-27-2023 at 03:19 PM.

When did Clark start to finally come around to him?
    He was always cool with Conner even if they weren't exactly close it was more that Clark wanted to keep a wall between his personal life and Superman and Conner fell onto the hero side of things even after the latter found out his real identity and it was an unsaid secret between them.

By the end of the Superboy solo he more or less gotten over it and was willing to fully accept Conner into his family and sent him to live in Smallville with his folks.

You tell em Martha, not in your house.

Feels like all my old reddit posts are being shared here today, didn't here great things about the Austen run but I tracked down the ones Conner appeared in and it gave us a few gems like the one above.

I know people would absolutely hate it but I'd be game for a story where Lana actually takes Conner up on his offer and they have an affair, she's never truly gotten over Clark and Conner essentially a teen version of him during their time together and would be a way for her to relive that past through him.

It'd be so messy and controversial and I'd be here for all of it.

It's back

Mighty Member

It's back
    HELL YES! They better make it red though.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    You tell em Martha, not in your house.

Feels like all my old reddit posts are being shared here today, didn't here great things about the Austen run but I tracked down the ones Conner appeared in and it gave us a few gems like the one above.

I know people would absolutely hate it but I'd be game for a story where Lana actually takes Conner up on his offer and they have an affair, she's never truly gotten over Clark and Conner essentially a teen version of him during their time together and would be a way for her to relive that past through him.

It'd be so messy and controversial and I'd be here for all of it.
    Y'know what? Given how when I was a kid/teen, I shipped Tim with Lady Shiva, I can't cast stones.
    But this story would end with Lana in jail right?

Lololol, what issue was this. And Damn Martha has no chill. And this was after Kon was broken up with Cassie right?

It's back
    Porter’s been open about his love for the original 90s Superboy series. Hell in a lot of ways his pitch for the mini is a return to that status quo for Kon. He’s off on his own, he’s throwing in with a new team of people, he’s trying to figure out what his role is now that Superman is back/there’s already another Superman around.

Y'know what? Given how when I was a kid/teen, I shipped Tim with Lady Shiva, I can't cast stones.

Lololol, what issue was this. And Damn Martha has no chill. And this was after Kon was broken up with Cassie right?
    It’s during the Chuck Austen Action Comics run but I don’t remember where (and I’m not going to be rereading Austen Superman any time soon )
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

No this happened early on during Geoffs run. Cassie and Conner kissed on Titans Tower but it was before they became official.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Action Comics 823 by Chuck Austen, Ivan Reis & Marc Campos. Austen had stated several times in interviews his dislike for Lois. Austen was well known for his extreme use of bad form soap opera style of writing. He did however feature Connor quite heavily in his run..almost every issue, having him go toe to toe with Magog amongst others.

action.jpg

The only time his TTK was red was during the new 52,and thst kon was a clone of a future Jon Lane Kent.

If you read all his appearances before geoff retcon him his TTK is always blue,even when we see Conner blow up the blackest night version of earth 2s superman and his older evil counterpart in the titans of tomorrow they both have blue TTK.

Now if they want to use the historically correct color than blue it is,BUT I'm pretty sure nobody has paid attention enough and will do whatever they want,kinda what it seems in the superboy:man of tomorrow preview to me.

Porter’s been open about his love for the original 90s Superboy series. Hell in a lot of ways his pitch for the mini is a return to that status quo for Kon. He’s off on his own, he’s throwing in with a new team of people, he’s trying to figure out what his role is now that Superman is back/there’s already another Superman around.

It’s during the Chuck Austen Action Comics run but I don’t remember where (and I’m not going to be rereading Austen Superman any time soon )

I get porter wanting to mimic the good old days in the 90s when kon was the ultimate fun hero,and I want that feel back to,just don't want him slipping into a regression spiral where there is no room for progression.

Thst austen/reiss run was amazing if not only for reiss being a badass making Conner look also like a badass.