Page 25 of 77 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Action Comics 823 by Chuck Austen, Ivan Reis & Marc Campos. Austen had stated several times in interviews his dislike for Lois. Austen was well known for his extreme use of bad form soap opera style of writing. He did however feature Connor quite heavily in his run..almost every issue, having him go toe to toe with Magog amongst others.

Attachment 128990

I still to this day count reiss's Conner art in this issues as some of the best kon/Conner art ever,so many to choose from
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I spif

I wouldn't mind Tom welling being the Titans superman. Josh looks like a younger version of him and he is a couple inches taller than Josh, it would look right
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    After he died in Infinite Crisis, Clark started being nicer to him.

Lmao I forgot how insanely horny the Superbooks were during the 00s. **** like this is crazy.
    Conner tried to chat up Lana? Doesn't he realise that the age gap would get her in trouble? He's a minor (was at the time anyway - he ought to be in his 20s by now as his backstory is otherwise incompatible with Jon's) and she's a lady in her 30s.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Conner tried to chat up Lana? Doesn't he realise that the age gap would get her in trouble? He's a minor (was at the time anyway - he ought to be in his 20s by now as his backstory is otherwise incompatible with Jon's) and she's a lady in her 30s.
    I knew guys who had a thing for our high school English teacher so it's not uncommon.

Connor's horny and cocky so he'd make his shot.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I knew guys who had a thing for our high school English teacher so it's not uncommon.

Connor's horny and cocky so he'd make his shot.
    Yeah...based on Kon's established personality...I'm not surprised he'd try it. Now if Lana had gone along with it...THAT would have been big trouble (for her).Of course if they make him the 20-something he would logically be now...there'd be no risk of jail time for her.

Conner always found Lana attractive so naturally he'd shoot his shot if the opportunity presented itself. If he were older I wonder if she would consider it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Action Comics 823 by Chuck Austen, Ivan Reis & Marc Campos. Austen had stated several times in interviews his dislike for Lois. Austen was well known for his extreme use of bad form soap opera style of writing. He did however feature Connor quite heavily in his run..almost every issue, having him go toe to toe with Magog amongst others.
    '
    Austen was probably hired to pave the way for annulling Superman's marriage.

This is from Didio's notes for Infinite Crisis: https://media.comicbook.com/uploads1...ist-118379.jpg

You can see: "kill superman marriage" at the very top.

Also Judd Winnick and Greg Rucka's signatures at the bottom shows it's a genuine document imo.

Amazing Member

Of course, this brings up the question of what the legal age of an aged-up clone would be anyway. If DCU courts go by 'Bio age', then Wikipedia states that the age on consent in Kansas is 16, which means that a relationship would not be illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
    Of course, this brings up the question of what the legal age of an aged-up clone would be anyway. If DCU courts go by 'Bio age', then Wikipedia states that the age on consent in Kansas is 16, which means that a relationship would not be illegal.
    But it would be questionable because she's dating Clark's younger siblings whose high school age. So there is alot of drama to mine from it.

Surprised people are somewhat receptive to the whole ConnerxLana thing but the truth is if Conner's ever any hope of being relevant again writers are going to have to get inventive and start taking big creative risks with him and sometimes that involves making changes that'll be potentially controversial.

Can't tell if Gunn's announcements today fair well for Conner future in the DCU or not? On one hand they're making a Supergirl movie so they're open to other Superfamily members being introduced but on the other they're making a Batman movie with Damian and it's called Superman: Legacy which makes me think they'll be more focused on setting up Jon as their Superboy.

Last edited by walk; 01-31-2023 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Surprised people are somewhat receptive to the whole ConnerxLana thing but the truth is if Conner's ever any hope of being relevant again writers are going to have to get inventive and start taking big creative risks with him and sometimes that involves making changes that'll be potentially controversial.

Can't tell if Gunn's announcements today fair well for Conner future in the DCU or not? On one hand they're making a Supergirl movie so they're open to other Superfamily members being introduced but on the other they're making a Batman movie with Damian and it's called Superman: Legacy which makes me think they'll be more focused on setting up Jon as their Superboy.

I think they could still use Connor by leaning into the science experiment. They might lean into his lex heritage to seperate him from Jon who is probably the heir apparent. It's similar to the Smallville TV show which used a previous actor who played a young Lex to be its take on Connor.

But YJ made Connor Clark's younger brother/cousin so Jon could have an older brother to deal with.

John could be in Hamilton County while Conner is in Hawaii.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-31-2023 at 02:11 PM.

What is more of a divergence of what we usually get from superman stuff then kon freaking el?

Most of the announcements didnt do anything for me,cause most are not characters I care for,and the Legacy movie is probably gonna be all about jon,and no room for kon.

I say have kon show up 1st in another one of the movies that have someone like waller in it,and have him commissionee by the govt ,for Cadmus to make a superman replacement.then add in that lex added more to the mix to make him even more powerful.

I think this new DCU is gonna be cool,just not so much for kon/Conner,which saddens me

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think they could still use Connor by leaning into the science experiment. They might lean into his lex heritage to seperate him from Jon who is probably the heir apparent. It's similar to the Smallville TV show which used a previous actor who played a young Lex to be its take on Connor.

But YJ made Connor Clark's younger brother/cousin so Jon could have an older brother to deal with.

John could be in Hamilton County while Conner is in Hawaii.
    Well it's nice to dream but that's more of "fan" perspective and not how an actual film producer would be looking at these things I'm afraid.

Considering the comics themselves struggle to work with all these legacy heroes who overlap and functionally serve the same purpose I doubt Gunn and his crew are eager to fall into the same pattern by having 2 Superboys right off the bat.

I think the only realistic scenario where this science experiment/lex heritage Conner happens is where he's reworked into a straight-up villain who Jon needs to defeat in order to become the true new Superman.

I'd say the only real silver lining for cloneboy is that Gunn has said his Superman suppose to be starting out early in his career and I assume unmarried to Lois so bar some crazy timeskip between films it seems Conner still got an opening before Jon arrives.

We got 100 issues of a great run for SB ,pretty decent stuff after in the comics.we got Smallville,Young Justice,robot chicken,teen titans go,Reign of the supermen,and Titans,sad to say my favorite characters time is almost up.....AND IT PISSES ME OFF.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    What is more of a divergence of what we usually get from superman stuff then kon freaking el?

Most of the announcements didnt do anything for me,cause most are not characters I care for,and the Legacy movie is probably gonna be all about jon,and no room for kon.

I say have kon show up 1st in another one of the movies that have someone like waller in it,and have him commissionee by the govt ,for Cadmus to make a superman replacement.then add in that lex added more to the mix to make him even more powerful.

I think this new DCU is gonna be cool,just not so much for kon/Conner,which saddens me
    You know I actually could see the Gunnverse taking a lot of influence from Robbie Thompson Suicide Squad storyline with Match where Conner's a defective Superman clone who Waller had made or has her squad break into Cadmus to retrieve, there was apparently a version of Gunn's original Suicide Squad script that involved a similar storyline with squad trying to retrieve Supergirl.

The Suicide Squad kind of far away enough from the actual Superman stuff and Conner has more obvious gimmick as the "Bad Superman".