Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1148

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Personally, I thought romance was always built-in for superheroes. The love interest is iconic. See that's the problem shonen in the most popular format, but shonen is much more than just what we see in magazines like Weekly Shonen Jump. They want to appeal to those readers, but fail to understand why people like manga and webtoons.
    DBZ is a great example here.

Same with Yu yu Hakusho and Inu-Yasha.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    So was DC actually considering going forward with this only to change their minds later or was it just Visaggio writing a pitch they turned down?
    Pretty sure it was the second one.

So was DC actually considering going forward with this only to change their minds later or was it just Visaggio writing a pitch they turned down?
    Pretty sure it was a story pitch DC didn't even solicit. which might be why it didn't get used. It was apparently 100% Visaggio's idea. If you look at the original tweet it has an 8-page PDF write-up. It's 100% new stuff that reads like a bad fan-fic.

She wanted to, but DC never was on board to let her.

99F2EC74-5699-422A-A536-F7397AF9BCCD.jpg

Whole thing smacks of her trying to rile up comics Twitter. Irony is that once she publicly aired out the pitch, it meant DC will *never* do it now. Not that there was ever any real chance as she admits herself.

Hope Williamson and Williams acknowledge Conner and M’gann are dating and start moving Conner out of being Superboy. That’s the only good idea that came out of this.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Conner, Cassie and Tim should had all grow into something else.
    Tim almost made it, but i guess it's too late for him now.

Hopefully Conner and Cassie can evolve into something new.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Whole thing smacks of her trying to rile up comics Twitter. Irony is that once she publicly aired out the pitch, it meant DC will *never* do it now. Not that there was ever any real chance as she admits herself.

Hope Williamson and Williams acknowledge Conner and M’gann are dating and start moving Conner out of being Superboy. That’s the only good idea that came out of this.
    I truly believe from the beginning this was what was going on. Visaggio seems to thrive on this type of behavior. The unfortunate thing is that the back up in Action would be an excellent opportunity to move Kon from the Superboy name and into something of his own and who knows, maybe that was DC's intent all along (although I find it difficult to believe they have that much foresight and planning.)
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Mighty Member

What's the point of riling up comic twitter? Like what are they gonna do to show 'support' aside from liking tweets/fanart?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Conner, Cassie and Tim should had all grow into something else.
    Tim almost made it, but i guess it's too late for him now.

Hopefully Conner and Cassie can evolve into something new.
    At least Connor got a well received miniseries recently.

Its more than you can say for most characters really, Tim especially.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 10-11-2023 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    What's the point of riling up comic twitter? Like what are they gonna do to show 'support' aside from liking tweets/fanart?
    Easy dopamine hit from people liking her tweet and telling her it’s brilliant. Some people practically live online, Mags is probably one of them. And hey - sometimes the online campaigns do work, and since it seems unlikely DC is going to be working with Mags again on anything big anytime soon, might as well burn some bridges.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

All three of them-Tim, Kon and Cassie are in a perfect position to be rebranded and made into something spectacular much in the same way that Dick was moved past Robin into Nightwing and Wally to Flash. But do they go back to being Young Justice, the Teen Titans? is that a case of two steps forward one step back? I love Young Justice and would buy the title in a heartbeat with just those three (with Impulse.) Or is it that they should restart Young Justice and then use that as a vehicle to move the three of those forward?

Even with Visaggio's terrible attempt at a story, Kon is at a perfect spot to move forward...just if DC would let him. We know that Cassie is at least getting a new costume coming up in Wonder Woman courtesy of Daniel Sampere. But who could be capable of actually giving us a GOOD story with Kon moving forward?
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Mighty Member

Easy dopamine hit from people liking her tweet and telling her it’s brilliant. Some people practically live online, Mags is probably one of them. And hey - sometimes the online campaigns do work, and since it seems unlikely DC is going to be working with Mags again on anything big anytime soon, might as well burn some bridges.
    When has online campaigning EVER worked?

Ultimate Member

Actually she helped DC more than herself. She pointed out she worked with editorial. Meaning at one point they were interested.

Because in reality-there is NOTHING stopping them from doing it as an else world story or a YA novel.

Don't put anything past DC.

When has online campaigning EVER worked?
    Omega Men came back because of online campaigning. Young Justice the cartoon. It’s rare but not unheard of.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Actually she helped DC more than herself. She pointed out she worked with editorial. Meaning at one point they were interested.

Because in reality-there is NOTHING stopping them from doing it as an else world story or a YA novel.

Don't put anything past DC.
    I guarantee DC editorial is pissed at her for sending heat their way. Someone putting out a recent pitch like this after it’s been rejected is not common, and it’s likely going to mean Mags doesn’t get more DC work any time soon. Plus they already rejected it, once Mags put it out in public that makes it difficult legally speaking to do something like that pitch because then she could sue them. It’s why writers tell fans not to share ideas with them on social media, if a writer has an idea and a fan shared a similar idea with the writer, that leaves the writer and DC open to being sued.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Manga aren't really a lot more cheaper than comics (the difference is usually less than two dollars). That said, the fact that you have to buy a lot of comics to read an event makes these much more expensive.

Also, although a big company like WSJ/Shueisha could streamling the process to allow readers to easily read manga online, this isn't common for manga (most companies couldn't do that).

Accessibility is manga's greatest advantage, because this can usually be bought in different places (like bookstores). Instead, if you want to buy physical floppies, you must go to the comicstores.

PS: Webtoons are definitely cheaper, but I'm pretty sure the biggest profits aren't from sales.
    Shueisha is doing that. They have Shonen Jump (read all their WSJ titles for free), Viz manga (read all the comics licensed by Viz for free), Mangaplus, and another upcoming service for Mangaplus. There's also Azuki, I've used that to Coppelion and the prequel to Seven Deadly Sins. The best-selling comics on Google Play Books are usually manga, with maybe one or two comic books. Also, your comparison on comics and manga doesn't equate. Manga is usually collected into volumes whereas TPBs are usually more expensive.

In my opinion, manga publisher's biggest advantage is that they are in an industry that has thrived more than comic books. Plus, WSJ and other companies filled a hole that American publishers never tried to fill after they started writing books for their audience, marketing comics to teenagers and kids.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 10-11-2023 at 11:38 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    supergirl fire wings wouldnt that get in the way of her cape?
    Well it was magical fire wings so they weren't physical to get in the way of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Pretty sure it was the second one.
    She did mention working with editorial for it so it seems mostly the latter but a little of the former like they were at least considering it I suppose? But that depends on just how much editorial was involved or not since almost everything pitch wise seems like it has to be slotted in to DC's plans lately (the same reason his recent mini took so long to release).

I'm glad most folks are pretty much in the camp of it wasn't a good pitch. Even reading it there's a lot of inconsistencies that seem to only exist to try reinforcing Visaggio's pitch. Like why would Conner find the name Superboy confining at a point in history when he's the only Superboy. She mentions Jon being Superman supposedly means Conner can't be one too while acknowledging in the same pitch that Kenan is a Superman too, hell you could easily argue Steel is one too.

Meanwhile this does seem pretty accurate

Easy dopamine hit from people liking her tweet and telling her it’s brilliant. Some people practically live online, Mags is probably one of them.
    Because she's liking any and every comment in support of the pitch, even ones that bring up Knockout (famed Superboy statutory rapist).