Page 21 of 77 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

[QUOTE=Vordan;6343273]More preview art!

https://twitter.com/popversesays/sta...FVQcXN-tGStEoA

Hell yeah! Sins of youth callback! One of my favorite stories in all of comics!

I hope they come out with a injustice series where they left off with kon and Cassie saved.

I also would love to see Conner get in the game,but with his TTK added to the regular kryptonian game play.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ms martian becoming a Co star in kons life somehow in the comics.only if she is nothing like her YJ TV self plz,to me they wouldn't work very well of she wasn't massively different than the shows version,but her character could match really well with a clone of the ultimate good guy and ultimate bad guy,who has 2 powersets,both insanely powerful.they could talk telepathically a lot too.

I wouldn't mind a multiverse story where a fully grown kon,which black zero is,but a good hero version would go thru the whole reign of the supermen with the other 3 and see how much different it would be. Would he get Loiss helicopter pilot killed,would hank Henshaw be able to take him down and hold him.prisoner,would the last son of Krypton come.after him.1st? And on and on
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Glad they know their Kon history .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Glad they know their Kon history .

This is something we don't see often either,and it's about time they know it,and use it as a base to push him forward into his future.

Something us kon/Conner fans don't do though is make it all work together,as in geoff recton made it more tricky to make it all work,BUT it all still does,you just have to acknowledge Geoffs retcon as something thst happened inside those Reign issues,and those superboy series issues.look at that 1st Pic,we have seen it,before Geoff,but now it has lex standing in front of him.ypu have to accept geoffs retcon(which is never going away) and accept that it is now 1 and the same origin(cadmus wanted a clone,used the bio field,and lex added the binary DNA with that in secret,he has both kryptonian and TTK from the start,BUT he was to young for his kryptonian powers to emerge,which is why he only had the TTK,which is a separate power from the kryptonian powerset,but also relies on solar cells creating the bio energy for it,just like the kryptonian powers thst came later.

All other versions of him,besides his comic self started with the geoff retcon and went from there,they made it easy on themselves,while the comics came waaaay before thst,so we and DC have to make it work the harder way.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

TTK? Looks a lot like it,could it be back,now that everyone is using the bio field again?

Artist for man of tomorrow mini on Instagram drawing,tried to screenshot,didn't do a good job sorry

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.deviantart.com/lucasbolt...2019-819049653

I'm hoping the comics explores this dynamic further.

I don't mind the Luthor connection but it worked better in Smallville because Lex was explored more than just being the bad guy. So having Connor meet other Luthors would be the best way to explore it.
    There's actually a guy whose a massive fan of Conner with Cassandra Cain and has commissioned a ton of artwork of them together some of which is quite good.

FDsGFFIXoAEBwtH(3).jpg

Apparently some writers wanted to make them an official thing back in the day but the Bat Office said no

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    I'd like to see him and Rose interact again.

I always found it weird the one plot thread the New 52 tried to bring over to their version of Superboy despite changing everything else about him was the planned romance between him and Rose that was planned had Teen Titans continued

STK521330.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by walk; 01-22-2023 at 04:13 AM.

Seeing concept art for a DCAU Superboy I do wonder if the show hadn't been cancelled and we'd gotten a fourth season of Superman would they eventually brought in Conner. It was supposedly to do with Clark regaining the public trust after Darkseid brainwashing so the idea of Cadmus making their own Superman/boy to combat him should that ever happen again sounds like a plausible plotline they might of done.

A four man team of Clark, John Henry, Kara and Conner does reflect how The New Batman Adventures had a similar set-up with Bruce, Dick, Babs and Tim, we would've definitely gotten a Robin/Superboy team-up episode, kind of wild despite being best friends in the comics the two have never had any significant interaction in any of the adaptions it's usually Dick.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by walk; 01-22-2023 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    There's actually a guy whose a massive fan of Conner with Cassandra Cain and has commissioned a ton of artwork of them together some of which is quite good.

FDsGFFIXoAEBwtH(3).jpg

Apparently some writers wanted to make them an official thing back in the day but the Bat Office said no
    Hopefully they are more agreeable now.
    I always found it weird the one plot thread the New 52 tried to bring over to their version of Superboy despite changing everything else about him was the planned romance between him and Rose that was planned had Teen Titans continued

STK521330.jpg
    I guess the New 52 writers shipped them.
    Seeing concept art for a DCAU Superboy I do wonder if the show hadn't been cancelled and we'd gotten a fourth season of Superman would they eventually brought in Conner. It was supposedly to do with Clark regaining the public trust after Darkseid brainwashing so the idea of Cadmus making their own Superman/boy to combat him should that ever happen again sounds like a plausible plotline they might of done.

A four man team of Clark, John Henry, Kara and Conner does reflect how The New Batman Adventures had a similar set-up with Bruce, Dick, Babs and Tim, we would've definitely gotten a Robin/Superboy team-up episode, kind of wild despite being best friends in the comics the two have never had any significant interaction in any of the adaptions it's usually Dick.
    That would've been great.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Hopefully they are more agreeable now.
    I'd say it's even less likely now considering how much more pull Batman has within DC and how much of their monthly output is Batman content, it's a world unto itself.

I get it though if your wanting to tell a more grounded gritty crime story you can't exactly have one of the Batfamily dating an alien and have them flying around Gotham.

Honestly I think while Cassandra and Conner may have been interesting at the time that moments past and I think I agree with editorial philosophy that while a Bat and a Supers make for a good team-ups they don't work as romantic partners.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    So in everyone's view which relationship has been Kon's best so far?
    CASSIE SANDSMARK...
    The INJUSTICE RELATIONSHIP was maybe even better than the other one.
    But unfortunately Tim, Bart etc. all died.

I'd say it's even less likely now considering how much more pull Batman has within DC and how much of their monthly output is Batman content, it's a world unto itself.

I get it though if your wanting to tell a more grounded gritty crime story you can't exactly have one of the Batfamily dating an alien and have them flying around Gotham.

Honestly I think while Cassandra and Conner may have been interesting at the time that moments past and I think I agree with editorial philosophy that while a Bat and a Supers make for a good team-ups they don't work as romantic partners.
    I get the desire to have a grounded crime story but I don't think DC pulls it off well. Both the Bruce Batman books leans into the supernatural and sci-fi elements. So Cass dating Conner isn't that far fetched.

Plus having Cass and Conner have a relationship is a way to benefit them both. Legacies need a way to stand out and it's new territory to explore. They don't have to get married but exploring a temporary relationship could be fruitful.

Oh well there's always fanfiction.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-22-2023 at 12:25 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    CASSIE SANDSMARK...
    The INJUSTICE RELATIONSHIP was maybe even better than the other one.
    But unfortunately Tim, Bart etc. all died.
    Is it wrong if I found Bart and Tim's deaths in Injustice to being unintentionally hilarious due to how abrupt and grimdark they were. And Tim's pose here is kinda funny:

Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 2.12.12 PM.jpg

That's a shame as at the time they had some nice chemistry and team ups. And ditto for the Bat and Super being friends only. The World's Finest even had an issue showing that maybe being friends/teamup is where it should be left.

Great. Now I'm sad and angry. This would have been my dream as a kid. And Kon looks around Tim's age right? They did eventually do the super clone thing with Galatea, so that plan came in eventually. And going by the line up and process elimination that would Steel the Nightwing of the group, which would be weird as unlike with Dick, Steel and Superman were tight.

STK521330.jpg
    Bart being the stealth wingman.

If that happened in Pre-new 52 Cassie's head would have exploded for sure. But hopefully the writers wouldn't have made TOO much drama around it as around this period the Titans were getting good again.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post

Artist for man of tomorrow mini on Instagram drawing,tried to screenshot,didn't do a good job sorry
    I gotcha:

Woah I didn’t know about this! Would they have tied Lex to Conner’s creation in the DCAU? Lex making Conner as an improvement on how he made Bizarro would be a natural outgrowth, plus Supes being in the pits reputation wise after being brainwashed could have been contrasted with this brand new Superboy showing up and establishing himself as the new popular hero.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/