Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Conner has never sold.like a A lister,even during geoffs run back then,so what did you expect,just because he wears supermans S shield doesn't imply he is getting the same sales.

Plus his book came out way after round robin,it's a prequel to what we already see in AC,amd I hate to break to everyone on the internet who thinks they speak for the majority of SB fans out there,but he doesn't look anything like he does for all those fans who don't get on the internet or atleast don't make posts or reply about him on it.the majority of SB fans wpukd expect a tough looking young man with a black t-shirt,not this over exaggeration of his OG look we have now.
    Thats actually not true..

The first Superboy Series lasted from 1994-2002 (8 YEARS!) and the sales were very good-especially during the first years, he sold for example up to 37,400 units in 1996, while Superman sold 62,700 units. So his first Solo-Series was relatively successfull, And during this series was wearing 3 different costumes:
    1 the original costume
    2 the black shirt (while powerless) with the golden S Shield
    3 the other costume with red pants, blue-red jacket and red Sunglasses

My problem with the Ongoing-Series is
    1 (and I also read that several times in the internet) that Conner looks extremely young in the series.
    2 The Series feels like an EXTREME Step-Back! Conner is now a established Hero who fought against Doomsday, Darkseid, Mongul+Cyborg Superman, Ultraman (even it was his clone), SUperboy Prime (he even sacrificied his life)... So the series feels more like a Series written for a Rookie and not the next step for Conner...
    It feels more like Superboy and the Ravers or the beginning of Young Justice and NOT!! a next step to graduate..
    3 He doesnt have any real co-star or big enemy in the series, he is the only big name

Mighty Member

He writes kon damn well imo. Right amount of ego/cockiness and maturity and herpic.not to mention it's great seeing him use TTK,thst looks like the new 52,and hopefully is treated like it
    Actually I prefer the NEW52 Telekinesis Look.

Kon would.be a punching bag for black zero,BZ is a equal to superman,so it wouldn't be like superman fighting hank Henshaw or the eradicator,he would get trashed.

Now if they actually.aged Conner up the right way and he was a young adult and BZ from another reality showed up then it would be a fun back and forth.

I would love to see a BZ or a titans of tomorrow aged up bad guy show up,he could mess with the young part of the super family,I would love to see him show kon,Kara,Kenan,nat,and Jon,either face to face or behind the scenes lex type scheming
    Not really:

1. WHICH Black Zero?
    The "Original One" with the sunglasses and the beard, who came from another timeline OR! the Titans Black Zero who was created by Blackfire?

2. It EXTREMELY depends upon who writes it:
    Conner was able to hurt Superboy Prime AND Match was able to relatively easily defeat Ultraman.

3. If its the original Black Zero then he might not have Full Kryptonian Powers and therefore being more vulnerable and weaker than Conner.

Actually I think it could be that SINS OF YOUTH SUPERMAN CONNER and TITANS OF TOMORROW SUPERMAN CONNER might be MUCH more powerful than Black Zero.

SINS OF YOUTH Superman Conner seemed to have Full TK and TITANS OF TOMORROW SUPERMAN Conner was also extremely powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    I think most people these days would much rather seem him paired up with Tim tbh.
    NO! Absolutely NOT TRUE.
    I still think that the best pairing was INJUSTICE CONNER AND INJUSTICE CASSIE.

Mighty Member

What do you think about the ongoing Series

Superboy: Man of Tomorrow

?

I must say I DON'T LIKE IT.

1.) Conner looks EXTREMELY young, I still prefer his TT Look where he was much more muscular and looked older.
    He now looks like 14 years and maybe even younger than Jon.

2.) He seems to be MUCH LESS POWERFUL than normal.
    Seen as when he tried to catch this gigantic Worm-Monster
    He mentions that he needs all his strenght BUT it should be NO Problem for him.

3.) I dont really get some parts of the story:
    When he received this power-dampening collar he mentions that Cassie would have ripped the collar away with her demi-god powers.
    This implies that he thinks that Cassie is more powerful than he is.
    BUT actually he was ALWAYS stronger than Cassie, MUCH stronger
    AND why didnt he even he try to destroy the collar with TTK?

4.) He should have been the one who defeats the big Enemy, it made him look weak.

5.) The series seems actually to be a BIG STEPBACK for him, it feels more like Superboy and the Ravers or Young Justice 2.0 than a real step forward for him.
    It feels more like a rookie making his first steps than an established Superhero who has more than 30 Years of experience.

In general I have to say that I very much preferred the Suicide Squad Series with Match, because Match looked better and cooler than Conner (Superboy Man of Tomorrow) in the series, he was displayed to be very powerful (able to easily defeat Ultraman) and found a girlfriend.

Mighty Member

What I really DONT UNDERSTAND and REALLY HATE!!!!

Why is the Conner in the Young Justice ANIME SERIES so much better written than the Comic Conner?

I mean I am NOT a Fan of Anime Young Justice Conner because of his lack of powers, BUT!

1. The relationship between Conner and Clark, Jonathan Samuel Kent... is so MUCH BETTER written, I loved the moment when Clark explained to Jonathan that Conner died and showed him the pictures of his uncle Conner and him

2. He is much better established as Hero and respected in the community, he is even the leader of the Team

3. His relationship with Miss Martian is better written and he finally marries etc.

Its annoying to see that the Young Justice Anime is SO MUCH better written than the Comic-Series.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    What do you think about the ongoing Series

Superboy: Man of Tomorrow

?

I must say I DON'T LIKE IT.

1.) Conner looks EXTREMELY young, I still prefer his TT Look where he was much more muscular and looked older.
    He now looks like 14 years and maybe even younger than Jon.

2.) He seems to be MUCH LESS POWERFUL than normal.
    Seen as when he tried to catch this gigantic Worm-Monster
    He mentions that he needs all his strenght BUT it should be NO Problem for him.

3.) I dont really get some parts of the story:
    When he received this power-dampening collar he mentions that Cassie would have ripped the collar away with her demi-god powers.
    This implies that he thinks that Cassie is more powerful than he is.
    BUT actually he was ALWAYS stronger than Cassie, MUCH stronger
    AND why didnt he even he try to destroy the collar with TTK?

4.) He should have been the one who defeats the big Enemy, it made him look weak.

5.) The series seems actually to be a BIG STEPBACK for him, it feels more like Superboy and the Ravers or Young Justice 2.0 than a real step forward for him.
    It feels more like a rookie making his first steps than an established Superhero who has more than 30 Years of experience.

In general I have to say that I very much preferred the Suicide Squad Series with Match, because Match looked better and cooler than Conner (Superboy Man of Tomorrow) in the series, he was displayed to be very powerful (able to easily defeat Ultraman) and found a girlfriend.
    Didn't we just have a story like this with WarWorld?
    I had high hopes for this and all I got were High Writers...Terrible series right now.

It isn't bad by any stretch,it's just not where he should be as a character.

If he was the right age,size,maturity,had all his history thst he is supposed to this would look a lot different and I personally would love it.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Bleeding cool AC pages with hank taking over Conners body and going after the kids

Heh, Conner swapped the t-shirt for a wifebeater (just googled it and the official name is an “A-shirt but I never heard anyone refer to it as that ).

Kinda interested to see what Kessel does in the Return Anniversary Special but these nostalgia books where old creators come back rarely impress me.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Heh, Conner swapped the t-shirt for a wifebeater (just googled it and the official name is an “A-shirt but I never heard anyone refer to it as that ).

Kinda interested to see what Kessel does in the Return Anniversary Special but these nostalgia books where old creators come back rarely impress me.

Thsts not a wife beater shirt in my post,thsts just a cut off sleeve shirt lol,but yeah he looks cool in it.but remember in his old series and other places he would alwsys wear different types of S swag lol.

I've been wanting kesel and grummett to do something with kon for forever now,but not a anniversary type thing where it's clearly stuck in the past or not anything but a puff type story.i would love for them to get a mini of their own,and actually take the next step with him,outsode of being what they created.

If kon could disrupt Ol hanks signals to everything outside the phantom zone,couldn't or shouldn't his TTK be able to stop Ol hank from taking over his body?

And Btw,why is it Conner who alwsys gets taken down 1st in AC.

Extraordinary Member

If kon could disrupt Ol hanks signals to everything outside the phantom zone,couldn't or shouldn't his TTK be able to stop Ol hank from taking over his body?

And Btw,why is it Conner who alwsys gets taken down 1st in AC.
    the heirarchy

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    the heirarchy

If we are going by time spent as a gauge for hiarch,then Conner has been around longer than everyone,besides Steel and Kara,but only if you count her death as in the same universe.

The whole family as a team again. I like this,but shouldn't they all be written to show their uniqueness,like how they all have different powers and how they could deal with things different than the others