Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Conner Kent/Kon-El/Superboy Appreciation 2023

New thread to talk about all the Kontent coming our way!

2022 was a crappy year for Conner in comics but 2023 looks a lot more promising! We’ve got the Superboy: Man of Tomorrow mini by Porter and Lindsay, and PKJ using him in Action Comics. Outside of comics we also have the rest of S4 of the Titans show, which will probably be the final season. Here’s hoping we won’t be waiting too long for the next live action Conner if I’m right.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

His look aged pretty well. I'm hoping he gets cool material in both the mini and his time with the others in Action Comics.

A new name would be nice but those two books are good for now.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-31-2022 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    His look aged pretty well. I'm hoping he gets cool material in both the mini and his time with the others in Action Comics.

A new name would be nice but those two books are good for now.
    I was really hoping Kara would graduate to Superwoman at the end of King’s mini, was quite bummed when that didn’t happen. Won’t set myself up for disappointment here but I would like either Porter or PKJ to “graduate” Conner from Superboy by the end of 2023.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Borrowed from Luciano Vecchio's instagram page....

Screenshot_20221231-214735_Instagram.jpg

I realize this is going to ignite he tim/kon fuel, but I would rather they just be best friends, brothers....why can't a gay/bi guy be best friends with a straight guy?

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post

Somebody get Cloneboy some new clothes! And a better haircut...

Seriously it's time for Conner to get a new name. How the f is Jon Superman and Conner Superboy if Conner is older???? How does that make sense?

I realize this is going to ignite he tim/kon fuel, but I would rather they just be best friends, brothers....why can't a gay/bi guy be best friends with a straight guy?
    Shudders. Not my cup of tea and why the hell does he look like that?

Edit: Couldn’t even make it one page….
    Last edited by Vordan; 01-01-2023 at 12:31 PM.

DCs obsession with making jon the next superman(fully owned by DC of course)is why they didn't give 2 shits about Conner,and why they have Jon come off as the perfect well everything,when you don't see any other character being treated that way.

Conner should be 19 to 21 atleast,should be about Clark's size by this time,maybe thinner.he should have a mix of his fun loving self and his more mature self.i don't even think kon would want to be superman anyway,and if he was superman it would be cause he was forced into it.his lex side ,and his unique attributes should be explored now,it's been way to long a wait for anything to come from being part lex,you can mine the piss out of thst.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Of course a straight guy and a gay/bi guy can be friends. Obsidian and Atom Smasher are a great example of that, so DC has done that.
    But a guy can also come out as bi and realize he's in love with his best friend. Both things can happen.
    Tim and Kon have a big fan base considering how little has been officially done to encourage it. They'd make a great power couple that could have stories no one else can have.

Happy New Year to the Metropolis Kid and his fans !

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Of course a straight guy and a gay/bi guy can be friends. Obsidian and Atom Smasher are a great example of that, so DC has done that.
    But a guy can also come out as bi and realize he's in love with his best friend. Both things can happen.
    Tim and Kon have a big fan base considering how little has been officially done to encourage it. They'd make a great power couple that could have stories no one else can have.
    Speaking as someone who actually likes Wiccan and Hulkling the whole queer "power couple" thing isn't all its cracked up to be as its ultimately handicapped Billy and Teddy for years now and they're almost never allowed to have actual individual development or storylines outside of each other that aren't centered around their relationship in some way.

Hulkling gets its the worse of it due to Billy being the more popular of the two and with how anything Batman related is positioned above everything else in DC a relationship between Tim and Conner would likely see are favourite clone boy reduced to Tim's love interest and what a waste that'd be.

I recently listed to a hour long podcast of Timkon fans arguing for it to be made a canon and it was painfully apparent they knew next to nothing about Conner and largely saw him as just an extension of Tim. That's the problem with shipping culture it prioritises characters hooking up over story and its why most smart writers ignore it despite a cute pic getting a few thousand likes on twitter, it's fluff.

There was a time when I wanted Conner to be queer but when Jon came out I made peace with it and I'm much more invested in Porter trying to reinvent him into a cosmic explore having fun space adventures rather than being stuck at Gotham Harbour sitting around Tim's boat and being written Meghan Fitzmartin again.... shivers.