Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Do you remember when he went undercover at school,to.find Risk ?
    Nope was this in the Kesel era or when he was in Smallville?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Nope was this in the Kesel era or when he was in Smallville?

Kesel

upload an image online
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Ok thanks. Most my Conner knowledge comes from YJ or John's titans run. I haven't read the 90s take yet.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Ok thanks. Most my Conner knowledge comes from YJ or John's titans run. I haven't read the 90s take yet.
    Oh man you are missing out on conners other half lol.

You should read all his series and ravers series and YJ series, you might look at him totally different
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

OK what about relationships that are in the present, like blackfire and mggan?
    On the surface, Blackfire's relationship with Conner is problematic but there's so much about Conner and Blackfire in this iteration that we have no info on. Conner again is a clone, but how old is he physically? He appears to be in his mid to late teens but no exact age is given. Mentally he started off as a toddler in season 2. His maturity grew at a rapid pace between season 2 and 3. To add to that he has epigenetic knowledge. So he's all over the place. How old is this version of Blackfire? What is Tamaran's view on age of consent and maturity? Would it apply to a clone?

As for his relationship with M'gann it's unique. He's physically about 16 and has implanted knowledge but lacks the social and emotional maturity of someone his age due to inexperience. M'gann has lived 48 Earth years but is the martian equivalent of a 16 year old, physically, mentally, and emotionally. Remember mars takes longer to revolve around the Sun. Her knowledge of human social interaction is through television. Martians mature 3x slower physically than humans, but are we to assume that's the case mentally and emotionally? M'gann admitted at the wedding that she had some pretty messed up views on love. She learned it from a 2nd hand source (tv) so she had to really learn about it alongside Conner. I like that. They were both new to the world and grew alongside each other with all the bumps bruises life offers.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Do you think it should be addressed how Knockout was a grown woman and Kon was a teenager and she more or less groomed him?
    No. Either erase it or age up/down one of them to make it more appropriate but unless they actually know how to write those things...you just steer clear of it.

Do you think it should be addressed how Knockout was a grown woman and Kon was a teenager and she more or less groomed him?
    I think if handled well it could be an interesting as stories that tackle male victims of SA are rare but after seeing Fitzmartin disastrous attempts at trying put a modern lens on "problematic" aspects of 90s comics I'm good for now.

Maybe someday and by a more competent writer but honestly I'd just like if Conner could get a story that actually acknowledged his time in Hawaii in general.

Oh man you are missing out on conners other half lol.

You should read all his series and ravers series and YJ series, you might look at him totally different
    I'll get around to it...

You could do it subtly like Conner is less willing to deal with her now than he was back then.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    I think if handled well it could be an interesting as stories that tackle male victims of SA are rare but after seeing Fitzmartin disastrous attempts at trying put a modern lens on "problematic" aspects of 90s comics I'm good for now.

Maybe someday and by a more competent writer but honestly I'd just like if Conner could get a story that actually acknowledged his time in Hawaii in general.

What is King Shark up to these days?

I don't know, what a weird thing to ask.

This is a Conner thread go look up King Shark DC wiki page.

King Shark started as a Connor villian. So it's a fair question to ask.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    I don't know, what a weird thing to ask.

This is a Conner thread go look up King Shark DC wiki page.
    Meant to be a tongue-in cheek reference to how Kon fought him back in Hawaii based on the bringing back Kon's Hawaii days. Maybe I should have phrased it as "if King Shark isn't too busy with the Suicide Squad, he can fight Kon for old times sake".
    Last edited by NOCTPHOENIX; 01-09-2023 at 11:04 PM.

Mighty Member

Also gonna post a possible hot take but Kon having Kryptonian powers fully never sit right with him and he should have stayed with TK.

Meant to be a tongue-in cheek reference to how Kon fought him back in Hawaii based on the bringing back Kon's Hawaii days. Maybe I should have phrased it as "if King Shark isn't too busy with the Suicide Squad, he can fight Kon for old times sake".
    Fair enough I just never understand the logic behind purposely obtuse questioning like that, again if you're looking for a overview of a old villain Conner hasn't fought in years outside of a direct link to his wiki page I'm not sure what else I can provide.

Also going from "Should writers acknowledge Conner was possibly groomed?" to "What's King Shark up to these days?" is a bizzare tonal shift.

Writers should emphasis Conner TK more to help him stand apart but at this point his had his Kryptonian powers longer than not and in every adaption. People would only question why he doesn't have them if you took them away now.
    Last edited by walk; 01-10-2023 at 03:43 AM.