Page 38 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Look I found the real Luthor thst Conner has DNA from lol
    Funny. One of my headcanons for Conner was Lena Luthor being the donor of his human dna. She has psychic powers and Conner could call her bro "Uncle Lex." Lenny could have been his project name. In the silver age, she had a son who also had psychic powers.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Funny. One of my headcanons for Conner was Lena Luthor being the donor of his human dna. She has psychic powers and Conner could call her bro "Uncle Lex." Lenny could have been his project name. In the silver age, she had a son who also had psychic powers.

Yeah quest for peace was 1987,i wonder if kesel had him in mind.lokk at those belts,that hair,the "dude" amd "woah" haha
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Yeah quest for peace was 1987,i wonder if kesel had him in mind.lokk at those belts,that hair,the "dude" amd "woah" haha
    Yeah I know it's pretty crazy when you think about it. Nuclear Man's origin is pretty close and Lenny's look and attitude is not too far off.

Yeah I know it's pretty crazy when you think about it. Nuclear Man's origin is pretty close and Lenny's look and attitude is not too far off.
    It's funny how much they can mine thst movie,the movie in the line of reeve movies thst got the most shot.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Connor should fight Nuclear Man and Lenny in a future story arc.

Lenny Luthor should be the new Prankster.

Wow. Are some of you purposefully talking past some of us? Look I'm a person of color full disclosure. I've been a fan of this guy for a real long time. I've said Conner is unique in that he is a clone of an individual. He was made to appear like another character. That's his origin. If the powers that be want a black Clark and if there's a Conner in that universe, he will be black too since he is designed to be him. He's not a biological son like Jon where you can take liberties with his appearance if say one or both of his parents are poc. Conner is a genetic experiment designed to replicate Kal-El. That's at his core in my opinion. You would have to change that part of his story. If they want to do that than fine but expect backlash. People love these characters and followed them for years. We have some bastards in fandom for sure but to paint anyone with a different opinion with a broad brush like that...That really needs to stop right now. The fact that you're throwing out accusations of racism while not really listening to some of the people here is seriously problematic. I've come up across actual racists in my life and I find it really offensive for you to casually throw that label around.
    Just because there's are varying degrees of racism from something severe like an actual hate group to something more mundane like online discourse over a character getting a race-swap doesn't change the fact that it's still racism at the heart of it.

"The belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another."

It's right there in the definition, calling it anything else just because of people's unease with the word does nothing but distract and diminish from the real issue because at end of the day if the idea of a black Conner upsets you that much then that's something you need to personally unpack and address within yourself no matter how uncomfortable it might make you feel to do so. I've have to do it many a time with my own prejudices and I'm better for it.

And speaking personally as black gay guy myself whose faced plenty of bigotry in my life I to once had a mindset that others shouldn't throw out words like racism or homophobia and that they should only be saved for the "important stuff" till I realised it doesn't really add anything to the conversation and it was just a lot of internalised self-hatred on my part, I was just trying to placate others guilt so I could be seen as one of the good ones so I stopped and I'm better for it, there's was time this sort of reply would've had me second-guessing myself and ashamed for addressing the issue of race so openly but now it doesn't.
    Last edited by walk; 03-05-2023 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

Funny how everytime they try to recreate a full kryptonian they end up with guys like nuclear man and bizzaro who either physically degrade or completely shut down the minute they are out of the sun,plus they both have mental issues,anger and backward speech.

I like hybrids (duh) I don't mind all hybrids being roughly 50% as powerful as full kryptonians,I mean kon,cir,and Jon seemed to look less powerful anyway,Kal and Kara shrug them off pretty easily.

But I also like thst they have a different very powerful energy manipulation ability thst gives them the ace in the whole against full bloods.cir has red sun energy,Jon has amp or the ability to absorb and use solar energy better than the others,and kon has TTK,all 3 make them a challenge for the full.bloods.jon amped himself constantly when he was younger to be powered,and during future state was able to keep his power level at a high level.kon gets knocked around constantly,but can Duke it out with Prime and brush off Freddy freeman in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Just because there's are varying degrees of racism from something severe like an actual hate group to something more mundane like online discourse over a character getting a race-swap doesn't change the fact that it's still racism at the heart of it.

"The belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another."

It's right there in the definition, calling it anything else just because of people's unease with the word does nothing but distract and diminish from the real issue because at end of the day if the idea of a black Conner upsets you that much then that's something you need to personally unpack and address within yourself no matter how uncomfortable it might make you feel to do so. I've have to do it many a time with my own prejudices and I'm better for it.

And speaking personally as black gay guy myself whose faced plenty of bigotry in my life I to once had a mindset that others shouldn't throw out words like racism or homophobia and that they should only be saved for the "important stuff" till I realised it doesn't really add anything to the conversation and it was just a lot of internalised self-hatred on my part, I was just trying to placate others guilt so I could be seen as one of the good ones so I stopped and I'm better for it, there's was time this sort of reply would've had me second-guessing myself over addressing the issue of race so openly but now it doesn't.

Jesus start a new thread,don't shit on this one with your tunnel vision mentatily,this is a appreciation thread,and you have gotten it off course with your internal issues.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post

And speaking personally as black gay guy myself whose faced plenty of bigotry in my life I to once had a mindset that others shouldn't throw out words like racism or homophobia and that they should only be saved for the "important stuff" till I realised it doesn't really add anything to the conversation and it was just a lot of internalised self-hatred on my part, I was just trying to placate others guilt so I could be seen as one of the good ones so I stopped and I'm better for it, there's was time this sort of reply would've had me second-guessing myself and ashamed for addressing the issue of race so openly but now it doesn't.
    And when did anyone say one was inferior or superior? Did someone imply that or infer that? Where? Or are you a mind reader? Did you actually read my comments or anyone else's? Did you really read them? Or did you already prejudge people without actually listening/reading what they wrote. Did you read the part where I said if Clark were black, then Conner would be black. Or even asian since conceptually Conner was designed to look like Clark and would thus look like whatever he looked like. How is that racist? And where do you get off saying this upsets me? You don't know me and you clearly haven't read what I wrote. If they change Clark then they change Conner. It's a logical conclusion. That's all I'm saying. I'm perfectly fine with this. You're going from 0 to 190 mph in the other direction with people scratching their heads.

Does everyone think Conner is "pretty much" already about half as powerful as Clark? He kinda sees like thst,but I wouldn't mind others opinions.

Funny how everytime they try to recreate a full kryptonian they end up with guys like nuclear man and bizzaro who either physically degrade or completely shut down the minute they are out of the sun,plus they both have mental issues,anger and backward speech.

I like hybrids (duh) I don't mind all hybrids being roughly 50% as powerful as full kryptonians,I mean kon,cir,and Jon seemed to look less powerful anyway,Kal and Kara shrug them off pretty easily.

But I also like thst they have a different very powerful energy manipulation ability thst gives them the ace in the whole against full bloods.cir has red sun energy,Jon has amp or the ability to absorb and use solar energy better than the others,and kon has TTK,all 3 make them a challenge for the full.bloods.jon amped himself constantly when he was younger to be powered,and during future state was able to keep his power level at a high level.kon gets knocked around constantly,but can Duke it out with Prime and brush off Freddy freeman in the future.
    I thought Nuclear man was a good match up for Conner thematically as well as physically.

Lenny is a dark horse pick but he's a way to develop the Luthor family beyond just Lex.

Mighty Member

I mean walk is right, if a black Conner makes people so pressed they need to examine WHY this is the case and why someone might think it comes across as a bad look instead of being defensive over it. Instead of getting upset that people might think you are racist, self-reflect and ask why might someone think that.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

I’ve been thinking about what kind of foes Conner should fight and I’m of the opinion that giving him copycats of Clark’s foes, his own Bizarro/Lex/whatever is the wrong way to go. Given DC is making another strong play to integrate the Wildstorm characters and Taylor failed completely at integrating some of the Wildstorm characters with Jon, they should make an effort to do that stuff with Conner instead. Conner is actually a better fit as the “Super” who interacts with Wildstorm concepts because he was an attempt to corporatize/militarize the superhero by having a Superman under Cadmus’ control. You could get a lot of mileage with Conner dealing with other “human weapons” who either embrace their status or want to reject it but didn’t have the lucky break he did.
    Last edited by Vordan; 03-06-2023 at 12:32 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ve been thinking about what kind of foes Conner should fight and I’m of the opinion that giving him copycats of Clark’s foes, his own Bizarro/Lex/whatever is the wrong way to go. Given DC is making another strong play to integrate the Wildstorm characters and Taylor failed completely at integrating some of the Wildstorm characters with Jon, they should make an effort to do that stuff with Conner instead. Conner is actually a better fit as the “Super” who interacts with Wildstorm concepts because he was an attempt to corporatize/militarize the superhero by having a Superman under Cadmus’ control. You could get a lot of mileage with Conner dealing with other “human weapons” who either embrace their status or want to reject it but didn’t have the lucky break he did.
    Conner indeed seems like he'd play well opposite characters like Grunge and Fairchild (they had much the same irreverent tone in their earlier years), from Gen 13, or even the more hard-edged DV8 characters Frostbite and Sublime, or some of the younger members of more adult teams like Maxine Manchester/Ladytron.

And some of the less friendly folk from Wildstorm, like T.A.O. or Threshold or Bliss, could make decent enemies. Threshold, particularly, seems like a good match for a nemesis, and where he goes, his sister Bliss is sure to be in the shadows (as well as their boss/handler, Ivana Baul, a cybernetically-enhanced spy).

Funny thst they tried this with the new 52 SB,he had multiple Gen 13ish characters show up,remember his fight with Grunge for example. Good thing Conner isn't completely reliant on just his TTK,he also has the full kryptonian compliment of abilities too.