Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1148

Conner still being in high school causes me physical damage.

I'm just going to pretend he was held back multiple times, lol.

Spectacular Member

If DC wants a teenage Superboy so much I don't understand why they aged up Jon. If they're dead set on keeping Jon aged up, then I'd take a renamed Jon Lane Kent being brought back as a young teen to serve that role. Heck they can make up some excuse with his genetics and make him not age. Then they can finally give Kon a new name and firmly place him to be older than Jon like he should be.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Look I've know for a while your that same obessive Timsteph fan who made hating Fitzmartin your entire personality over on DC Reddit thst I had to eventually block because you were constantly stalking me as well. Even though you've made several alternate accounts since then there always easy to spot because anytime Fitzmartin mentioned you inevitability flip out, she really lives rent free in your head.

I'll more or less say to you what I told SuperX that if your so consumed with resentment and paranoia ( Visaggio doesn't even mention Tim)over a piece of fiction why are you even still a fan of it because 3 years is an awful amount of time and energy spent wasted being bitter over a fictional relationship ending.

And if just the thought of an again fictional character coming out has you this bent out of shape then you sincerely need to take honest look at yourself as a person...

Good grief all this drama and the funny thing is if Conner ever is revealed to be queer it'll likely be akin to StarLord or Kitty Pryde where its confirmed quietly in a single panel and then not touched upon again for years
    Dude. No I wasn't trying to be like Super X or anything. I was just noting that she seems interested in that angle (queer Kon and not Timkon) and ..... was just meant to be musing about ig if DC would let her. I already made that clear and my comments on Vissaggio had nothing to with Tim. Look up earlier where the 'one of those Timkon' thing was related to DC YJ. The first link was related to her comments on Kon's story in general. I wasn't being paranoid, resentful or anything or trying to be or being bent out of shape or trying to make drama like Super X. Where did I complain about it or say it would be like a out of character change or anything like Super X did or just mad. I literally noted Super X was banned for saying sus stuff which were related to Kon being Queer.

As for reddit, I didn't know this way you, and I apologized for overstepping my boundaries and even when I have new accounts (only 2 cuz my other accounts got banned for something my brother did, but not relevant), we seldom interact (commenting on post on that's it not even replying to one another. case in point https://www.reddit.com/r/superman/co...official_love/) unless I'm posting on the superman sub/tekken sub rarely.

Chill out with the accussations.
    Last edited by NOCTPHOENIX; 09-27-2023 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    I mean if Visaggio planning on that storyline, and reading her tweets in regards to his past and Miss M I'm convinced I'm not entirely off base, then it's not like there's a particular window time in place as you can tell a story of Conner revisting his past anytime and given Visaggio had a book with him ready to go back 2019 and still came back to do this now makes me think she's willing to wait on it even if takes another year or two.

I guess we'll know more what's happening post NYCC.
    So Visaggio always shipped them?

Mighty Member

Okay having read it .I dunno kon seems a bit too angsty and moody and going through a rebellious teenage phase that I think doesn't really feel right especially coming after his solo and veers into age regression. and the thing about not wanting to be defined by Superman and fearing that if he dies people will only see him as Clark or in his shadow......uh he did die and no one saw him as just Superman 2.0. They saw him as his own person and honored him as such.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Okay having read it .I dunno kon seems a bit too angsty and moody and going through a rebellious teenage phase that I think doesn't really feel right especially coming after his solo and veers into age regression. and the thing about not wanting to be defined by Superman and fearing that if he dies people will only see him as Clark or in his shadow......uh he did die and no one saw him as just Superman 2.0. They saw him as his own person and honored him as such.
    It's strange because the pictures seems to suggest all Kon's history has happened as we know it but, at the same time, the story doesn't make sense if you take all of that into account.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Man View Post
    It's strange because the pictures seems to suggest all Kon's history has happened as we know it but, at the same time, the story doesn't make sense if you take all of that into account.
    Yeah. And being honest the angsty rebellion teen phase he is going feels really cliche (hair dye, skipping school, mouthing off to parent) and seems to be hammering it in that's he's a teen which not a big fan of. The Ma Kent thing especially felt odd as at the end of his solo he had a touching moment with all of the family. And the whole you're not my mom thing feels OOC as it was already acknowledged MANY times before that while she isn't really his mom in the technical sense they still have that mother and son bond and the technical thing was never an issue at all. So hammering that in feels artifical as well.

The story was very boring, nothing really interesting happened, really.

How many times does Conner needs to find himself? It's like every writer wants to put their spin on him and they keep repeating the same thread over and over again to do it. They literaly just did the same thing in his mini series.

Also, there is no red head in the Super family at the moment, so if you want to change his hair, go ahead and paint all of it red instead of just one horrible patch.

Also also, the last page is so weird. Why is he in bed with his hand inside a can of paint? It remended me of that kid that eat glue from Powerpuff Girls.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

How many times does Conner needs to find himself? It's like every writer wants to put their spin on him and they keep repeating the same thread over and over again to do it. They literaly just did the same thing in his mini series.

Also, there is no red head in the Super family at the moment, so if you want to change his hair, go ahead and paint all of it red instead of just one horrible patch.

Also also, the last page is so weird. Why is he in bed with his hand inside a can of paint? It remended me of that kid that eat glue from Powerpuff Girls.
    Well, there's Lana Lang I guess. And Jimmy, technically.

Surprised no one posted the proper pages yet, but since I’ve waited a bit:

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

That’s how he’s dyeing his hair I guess. Yeah other than M’gann this was a big rehash of what Porter already did. Hell Bendis dealt with all this in one page, Conner realizes he doesn’t want to be Clark and bails on his pre-Flashpoint Smallville life. Editorial keeps having Kon and Kara rehash the same stories, they feel out of place and want to move on… but editorial won’t let them! Kara should have graduated to Superwoman at the end of King’s mini and Kon should have a new name by now. That should’ve been how Porter’s mini ended, Kon getting a new name and a new costume. Editorial is a mess because they realize something needs to change, but they don’t want it to, so all we get are stories about how the characters want to change yet nothing ever does. It’s boring.

Hopefully Williamson and Williams are able to do something cool with Conner that moves him forward.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Surprised no one posted the proper pages yet, but since I’ve waited a bit:

That’s how he’s dyeing his hair I guess. Yeah other than M’gann this was a big rehash of what Porter already did. Hell Bendis dealt with all this in one page, Conner realizes he doesn’t want to be Clark and bails on his pre-Flashpoint Smallville life. Editorial keeps having Kon and Kara rehash the same stories, they feel out of place and want to move on… but editorial won’t let them! Kara should have graduated to Superwoman at the end of King’s mini and Kon should have a new name by now. That should’ve been how Porter’s mini ended, Kon getting a new name and a new costume. Editorial is a mess because they realize something needs to change, but they don’t want it to, so all we get are stories about how the characters want to change yet nothing ever does. It’s boring.

Hopefully Williamson and Williams are able to do something cool with Conner that moves him forward.
    When did Bendis do that?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

So this is continuing into Speed Force, that is pretty random.

Was Connor already confirmed to be appearing in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Kara doesn't need to be Superwoman.

Incredible Member

Well, that certainly felt like it had trans undercurrents. Even if the writer is not going with that literally, it does feel like she wants to make it similar in an allegorical way.

I made the comment that Kon's hair looked like someone had dropped paint on the page, but now that we know he's literally using paint on his hair, I change my opinion: I still think it looks like spilled paint, but now I think it's great for this one story. Otherwise... as others have mentioned, it's the same old "I don't know what my place in the world is" thing, Kon being in high school while Jon was in college last time his education was mentioned is utterly bizarre, and while I was fine with the general "angsty teen" vibe, wrecking the whole room while running towards his girlfriend took it too far.

Oh, and as far as the ship goes, this clearly reads as "not intended to last long", and it's all the better for it. I came in expecting to groan out loud and ended up enjoying it.

But overall... yeah, same as what others have said: we've all seen this before, other than possibly the trans undercurrents that may end up only being relevant as allegory.

Yeah this definitely feels like he gets M'Gann, even if the Conner part feels off.