Page 26 of 77 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    You know I actually could see the Gunnverse taking a lot of influence from Robbie Thompson Suicide Squad storyline with Match where Conner's a defective Superman clone who Waller had made or has her squad break into Cadmus to retrieve, there was apparently a version of Gunn's original Suicide Squad script that involved a similar storyline with squad trying to retrieve Supergirl.

The Suicide Squad kind of far away enough from the actual Superman stuff and Conner has more obvious gimmick as the "Bad Superman".

But if he is defective then he can't be Conner,he would be Match,and that would defeat the purpose
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Well it's nice to dream but that's more of "fan" perspective and not how an actual film producer would be looking at these things I'm afraid.

Considering the comics themselves struggle to work with all these legacy heroes who overlap and functionally serve the same purpose I doubt Gunn and his crew are eager to fall into the same pattern by having 2 Superboys right off the bat.

I think the only realistic scenario where this science experiment/lex heritage Conner happens is where he's reworked into a straight-up villain who Jon needs to defeat in order to become the true new Superman.

I'd say the only real silver lining for cloneboy is that Gunn has said his Superman suppose to be starting out early in his career and I assume unmarried to Lois so bar some crazy timeskip between films it seems Conner still got an opening before Jon arrives.
    Timeskips are easier to do with adults than kids. I don't think they are gonna jump 5+years but I wouldn't rule it out completely.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    But if he is defective then he can't be Conner,he would be Match,and that would defeat the purpose
    Adaptations condense characters all the time so merging Connor and Match is possible. But defective is a vague term as Conner could also be an escape Superman clone that the Squad has to retrieve.

That happens a lot with these adaptions instead of having several clones of Clark flying around they'll likely merge elements of Conner, Match and Bizarro together, one of the things you need to learn about these adaptions is they're gonna change stuff and often give characters a new spin.

Also Conner kind of is defective, he's almost broken down genetically several times in the comics.

Still expect to see Conner on the DCU Titans movie/show. His clone heritage means he comes out of the tube fully grown so he can easily join the new universe.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I meant defective as in messed up physically and mentally like bizzaro is.i don't care if he has all the powers or whatever mix of how 2 power sets they want to use.dont even care if he gets stuck at a certain age,and that's how he is defective somehow.i just want the clone to be the coolest guy in the room and real scrappy dude who has to deal with his being a clone of the most powerful and greatest hero on the planet.

I would like it if he was portrayed the same thru comic,animation,movie,tv,or game,that would be nice,and gunn said he wants that for all characters going forward.

I don't mind a reboot of the character,ASLONG as "I" get to write the bible for him
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Still expect to see Conner on the DCU Titans movie/show. His clone heritage means he comes out of the tube fully grown so he can easily join the new universe.

Is it just ur opinion that he will be with the Titans someday,or somehow you know something?

Is it just ur opinion that he will be with the Titans someday,or somehow you know something?
    I have no inside info but it seems Gunn is planning to use the Batfamily in the DCU. If Nightwing or Red Robin are around then I expect the Titans will be too. He also is holding off on announcing some projects still, one of them is likely going to be Titans.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I have no inside info but it seems Gunn is planning to use the Batfamily in the DCU. If Nightwing or Red Robin are around then I expect the Titans will be too. He also is holding off on announcing some projects still, one of them is likely going to be Titans.

Ok from the Geoff era
    Called Conner Kent
    Lex and Clark dna
    Black and red S shield

From kesel era
    TTK
    Leather jacket
    Called kon-el

Added flavor
    S shield tatto on arm
    Epigenetic memory
    Lex eye color
    Lex smirk
    Coolest guy in the room every single time
    Scrappy as hell
    Smartass with a heart of gold

The rest can be what a mix of things we have seen in the past or new things ONLY of they are in character for him,no dumb swerves just because someone wants to leave a lasting mark on a character

Mighty Member

I never knew Kon fought Doctor Octopus's arms:

kon doc ock.jpg

Mighty Member

Given they were fused together in Amalgam and this if Kon fought Spidey's rogues could he handle them?

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    I never knew Kon fought Doctor Octopus's arms:

kon doc ock.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Given they were fused together in Amalgam and this if Kon fought Spidey's rogues could he handle them?

He could handle then, if you read that issue he was have jg fun and playing around while he was going thru it.

Kon is the definition of having of having fun as a hero.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

He could handle then, if you read that issue he was have jg fun and playing around while he was going thru it.

Kon is the definition of having of having fun as a hero.
    Can you say that a little louder for the management in the back? We have missed that Connor for a long long time.

Ultimate Member

That happens a lot with these adaptions instead of having several clones of Clark flying around they'll likely merge elements of Conner, Match and Bizarro together, one of the things you need to learn about these adaptions is they're gonna change stuff and often give characters a new spin.

Also Conner kind of is defective, he's almost broken down genetically several times in the comics.
    And one can start out 'defective' and be more like Match, only to be later stabilized (by blood from actual Superman or something), and become more like Conner.

In an adaption, one can indeed eat cake, and yet still have cake. Quantum cake! Schrodinger's cake, the cake is eated, and yet still there!

Ok this is my new MOVIE or TV show made up origin for kon, that they can use that is different from everything else, but I put together from all those different versions

-The govt wants a new superman, they employ Cadmus to do it

-they have the same problems as everyone does when trying to clone superman, his dna is not decipherable.

-so they decide they will create their clone, but freeze his cellular aging, which will stop the clone from turning into a bizzaro

-1 problem though, it only works if they keep him young

- unbeknownst to Cadmus lex luthor found out about their clone and decided to add his own dna to it's makeup

-when the clone is released as a teen he resembles superman, but also has green eyes, and a devious smile on his face

-he also has so much attitude the Cadmus scientists can't believe this clone is of supermans

-but even with all that attitude he is a good kid and only wants to be the best superMAN he can be

-so he is stuck as a teen, but a teen with a full kryptonian powerset

-aurprising to him and everyone else he manifests a new power called tactile telekinesis, which is also powered by his young solar cells and he can use for many things.

-his TTK can lift, blast, shield, plus control anything he touches. It also can read anything he comes in contact with like vibrations, buildings, chemical compounds of liquids just to make a few. One other thing he can read is his own dna, which allows him to sift thru BOTH his dna donors memories that are stored in their dna.

Ok so that is the origin, not story points, just who he is and how he works. It's a mix of all kinds of his own reading material, but feels a little fresh because it's coming at it from another angle. He could easily show up in the waller show or legacy, or any other titans or YJ type product. We all know him as superboy and he will stay superboy the way he was created, but between the kryptonian and surprise mutation powers of TTK he is easily the most powerful kid on the planet and would be a real handful for superman and supergirl

1 day if he ever can be superman, but I the meantime how about losing the cape, and adding a jacket, gloves, and some shades