Page 63 of 77 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Part of me wonders if they were keeping things ambiguous to let Fitzmartin take a stab at writing Titans and if it succeeded they would have let her do what she wanted. Since it failed now they are abandoning pandering to Twitter and are recementing Kon as straight. Next they need to get him out of his 90s outfit, I don’t want him wearing the bland 00s look but Conner badly needs a new outfit that isn’t nostalgia pandering.

Should give him the armored suit from the New 52 just repainted black and red.
    Who knew that pandering to a group that doesn't read/buy comics or really understand the characters apart from shallow shipping archetypes would be a good bad idea.....oh wait....EVERYONE. And Tim's solo failed showcased that.

Here here. I really like his new 52 suit.

Miss Martian and Superboy? Not who I would've chosen but eh why not while I wasn't the biggest fan of how the YJ show handled them a lot of the time (the whole mind-wiping plot was a big opph) it's different versions of these characters so let's see how it plays out, I'm just happy they're going to be still actually doing stuff with Conner past his mini.

But yeah pour one out for Cassie as Megan has pretty much cemented herself as Conner main love interest, she was with him in a popular tv show and in various alternate continuities like the Smallville comic and Wayne Family Adventure, the mainline comics was all Cassie had left.

I think the thing that stands out most to me in the twitter meltdowns is people taking offense to Conner referring to Marta as his "mom".... it's just have these people even read a Superboy comic? This is the problem when people base their entire enjoyment on something off of fanwork instead of the actual source material, eventually reality comes along to tear down your various headcanons.
    Last edited by walk; 09-24-2023 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Wow, way to shove in synergy with very little build up.

It's not just that I prefer him with Cassie, but this only seems to exist because of the cartoon despite the characters not having the same history/characterization. I don't even mind it as a ship, just the way they're executing it here.

Do NOT like that red streak though, first Kenan gets a crew-cut and now Conner gets an ugly dye job just so they can stand apart them from golden boy Jon who start cribbing on their styles, the nepotism is too much too much.

Incredible Member

I admit that I find people's reactions here very strange, a lot of people on Twitter aren't angry because of TimKon, but because it's a relationship that never existed in the comics! I don't think Kon and Miss Martian have ever really interacted and now DC is going to pretend they're a couple! Having people say that this

Who knew that pandering to a group that doesn't read/buy comics or really understand the characters apart from shallow shipping archetypes would be a good bad idea.....oh wait....EVERYONE. And Tim's solo failed showcased that.
    I admit that I found this reaction very strange.

When in reality it seems like DC is now trying to please people who don't read the comics, who only watched the cartoon that was cancelled, it's very strange! For me it's the opposite, it's now with this new relationship that they're trying to pander to a group that doesn't read/buy comics! Having two characters who never became a couple but already became a couple because of a cartoon.

Besides, his hair is weird and who is the character he calls his mother? I don't think he ever called any woman a mother in the comics, right?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Miss Martian and Superboy? Not who I would've chosen but eh why not while I wasn't the biggest fan of how the YJ show handled them a lot of the time (the whole mind-wiping plot was a big opph) it's different versions of these characters so let's see how it plays out, I'm just happy they're going to be still actually doing stuff with Conner past his mini.

But yeah pour one out for Cassie as Megan has pretty much cemented herself as Conner main love interest, she was with him in a popular tv show and in various alternate continuities like the Smallville comic and Wayne Family Adventure, the mainline comics was all Cassie had left.

I think the thing that stands out most to me in the twitter meltdowns is people taking offense to Conner referring to Marta as his "mom".... it's just have these people even read a Superboy comic? This is the problem when people base their entire enjoyment on something off of fanwork instead of the actual source material, eventually reality comes along to tear down your various headcanons.
    TBF those Conner/M'gaan moments were all spread out over various years and it took a long time to get it in the main comics....but RIP Cassie. It remains to be seen if it really will be "main" based on how people respond to it though

Twitter not reading Kon's actual comics and only fanwork......what a surprise......

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Besides, his hair is weird and who is the character he calls his mother? I don't think he ever called any woman a mother in the comics, right?
    Martha Kent. Clark considers Conner to be a little brother, and Conner lives with Jonathan and Martha, therefore Conner has the same parents as Clark, so Mom is Martha.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-...s-speed-force/

"My Mom was already on me about it" - Martha does not approve of the dyed hair!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-24-2023 at 02:49 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

TBF those Conner/M'gaan moments were all spread out over various years and it took a long time to get it in the main comics....but RIP Cassie. It remains to be seen if it really will be "main" based on how people respond to it though

Twitter not reading Kon's actual comics and only fanwork......what a surprise......
    Like where though?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I admit that I find people's reactions here very strange, a lot of people on Twitter aren't angry because of TimKon, but because it's a relationship that never existed in the comic
    Oh please those same people would be cheering if Conner was shown making out with some random guy we'd never met before.

I don't know why people bother with this pretense that it's anything deeper than fans just being salty their ships and headcanons aren't happening, it's the same reaction every time.

And geez he's been shown living with Kents and calling Martha Kent "Ma" for years now but he refers to hers as "mum" once and it ends up breaking people brains. Good grief.
    Last edited by walk; 09-24-2023 at 03:03 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Like where though?
    YJ was in 2010, Smallville was like 2013. WFA was in 2023 and this as well

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Oh please those same people would be cheering if Conner was shown making out with some random guy we'd never met before.

I don't know why people bother with this pretense that it's anything deeper than fans just being salty their ships and headcanons aren't happening, it's the same reaction every time.

And geez he's been shown living with Kents and calling Martha Kent "Ma" for years now but he refers to hers as "mum" once and it ends up breaking people brains. Good grief.
    Also this

Also on another note, I'm glad they are giving Kon but I wonder why the sudden more interested push for him. Guess his solo did well enough (good)

Amazing Member

Gotta wait to see the story behind the red streak, however, Conner’s latest mini realized that he’s his own person. If he did it to differentiate himself from Jon, kinda makes that realization off.( I would love if Jon had some Lois features, since Conner was made to look exactly like Clark.) While I’m a fan of YJ, I have to see the story behind how Megan and Conner get together. The preview comes off as forced. I do like seeing the TimKon shippers meltdown tho.

Thing is it doesn’t matter if they “built up” Conner and M’gann over the course of 50 issues. The people bitching now would still hate it. They hate Conner being with any girl because it gets in the way of their yaoi ship and headcanon. Besides Conner and M’gann are teenagers emotionally. You don’t need to “build up” to them trying a relationship, he’s hot, she’s hot, they give it a try. Plenty of teen love works like that. And Miss Martian has needed this for a while, she’s just been existing on the periphery for ages with no one sure what to do with her. She was one of the breakout stars of YJ, let’s fold her into the center.
    Last edited by Vordan; 09-24-2023 at 05:09 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I'm not going to say anything about the shipping side of this, but that red streak looks awful. I get the reasoning behind it (visually differentiating him from the other Kent men, characterizing him as less "conservative" with his looks than Clark, and the red may or may not be a reference to Luthor) but it just looks awful, like someone dropped paint on the page.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Well good on Kon for getting froggy with the hot alien chick

Mighty Member

Seriously why are people getting pissed over this?

https://twitter.com/roywhoreper/stat...10662848037219

Man twitter/tumblr Kon 'fans' are the worst.