Page 60 of 77 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

These guys look like they're REALLY enjoying this.

Astonishing Member

I've read (in this forum) that Kessel Superboy solo was cancelled due to Geoff Johns, but I don't think that's really the case. The Superboy sales weren't really good in the last years.

For example: In 2001, the regular sales for Superboy were under 20k. It increases in some months, but it was due to an event (Our Words at War or Joker's Last Laugh).

I feel Geoff Johns was allowed to realize so many changes to Superboy because he wasn't selling so good at the time.
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-10-2023 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I've read (in this forum) that Kessel Superboy solo was cancelled due to Geoff Johns, but I don't think that's really the case. The Superboy sales weren't really good in the last years.

For example: In 2001, the regular sales for Superboy were under 20k. It increases in some months, but it was due to an event (Our Words at War or Joker's Last Laugh).

I feel Geoff Johns was allowed to realize so many changes to Superboy because he wasn't selling so good at the time.

100 issues is a lot,plus all the special issues for him,crossovers,he actually is a success story imo.course it's hard to keep it going with inconsistent art,less character progress then I would have wanted,so it was time,even if I never wanted it to end.

I think the Kelly/ferry run gets a bad name,when it wasn't that bad to me.got a new cool updated suit,new job,and even cooler got his TTK to grow in power,even to the point thst kon could sense things enough to destroy every gun,real or play,with it,that's way before the new 52 gave him TTK senses,and it gave him a huge power upgrade.

Geoff wanted a specific direction for Kon,and he made sure he got it,and thst it wasn't reversible,20 years and ppl still complain about the inconsistencies with the change,but it gave Conner a new lease.on life,and kept him going strong ever since.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Mighty Member

I grew up with Conner but looking back at it prefer Kon/90's version. Johns made him too focused on the Lex thing and he lost a lot of the charm/charisma he had before and became more angsty and his look was....boring.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    I grew up with Conner but looking back at it prefer Kon/90's version. Johns made him too focused on the Lex thing and he lost a lot of the charm/charisma he had before and became more angsty and his look was....boring.
    that's kinda true. it got better when he was just off doing stuff, and not being hyper focused.

Mighty Member

Who would you say are your favourite and least favourite writers for Kon?

I have figured out a way to make everything work thst is "messy" with kon,and it's also how Jon and him are the total opposites of each other in every way.

Kon didn't have his kryptonian powers for a long time,it was a slow burn getting him to the full powerset.

Kon doesn't absorb solare energy as fast as a full kryptonian

Kon seems to still be young,even though he should be in his mid twenties now

He sometimes comes off like a old soul,he is the 1st to notice things askew,he can be a very warm and caring mature person,he is known for his 90s humor and references.

All because is dna ages at a much slower speed then everyone else.not frozen,with no chance of growth,slow growth,as in he looks younger,when he is actually older,his powers are just as powerful as everyone else's,but needs more time to recharge

This could explain why he falls asleep,while.other kryptonians don't need too,why he eats,when they don't need too,why he bleeds and looks worn out more than the others all thru his publication.

He could possibly be weakened down to a golden age superman,just by fighting and never giving his body a chance to charge back up.

So while he is every bit as powerful as them,there is potential for him to be weaker than them also.

Jon on the other got his powers super early,absorbs faster and more energy than a full kryptonian,and becomes even more powerful.you could "potentially" link his fast aging to this also,and could have him overly goodie too shoes golden boy with him trying to be what he thinks a perfect hero should be even when he is actually younger than he looks,plus you can have him have moments of childlike anger.

Cool huh?

Don't worry about kon though being so weak,he isnt,having the whole kryptonian powerset is a badass level of power ,BUT he also has the greatest single power in all comic=TTK,which makes him able to kick the **** out of everyone.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Can someone give me a concise reading list for Conner please. I've read YJ by Bendis, Dark crisis YJ and Superboy Man of Tomorrow.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Can someone give me a concise reading list for Conner please. I've read YJ by Bendis, Dark crisis YJ and Superboy Man of Tomorrow.
    Aside from that last one.....sorry (Bendis was Okay and his Kon was serviceable but overall it was meh).

I'd suggest PAD Young Justice

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    He is in the newer issues of action comics and steelworks now,besides that you got it

Amazing Member

I liked Robinson’s take on Conner in Blackest Knight Superman. I think that struck the right balance of Kon/Conner.
    Least favorite: Felicia D Henderson and Meghan Fitzmartin.

Mighty Member

The ultimative best one of him since Rebirth was SUICIDE SQUAD...
    Match was FINALLY showing skills and an apropriate Power Level against Utraman and used his skills very perfectly to save Bolt and to capture the Speedster

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I have figured out a way to make everything work thst is "messy" with kon,and it's also how Jon and him are the total opposites of each other in every way.

Kon didn't have his kryptonian powers for a long time,it was a slow burn getting him to the full powerset.

Kon doesn't absorb solare energy as fast as a full kryptonian

Kon seems to still be young,even though he should be in his mid twenties now

He sometimes comes off like a old soul,he is the 1st to notice things askew,he can be a very warm and caring mature person,he is known for his 90s humor and references.

All because is dna ages at a much slower speed then everyone else.not frozen,with no chance of growth,slow growth,as in he looks younger,when he is actually older,his powers are just as powerful as everyone else's,but needs more time to recharge

This could explain why he falls asleep,while.other kryptonians don't need too,why he eats,when they don't need too,why he bleeds and looks worn out more than the others all thru his publication.

He could possibly be weakened down to a golden age superman,just by fighting and never giving his body a chance to charge back up.

So while he is every bit as powerful as them,there is potential for him to be weaker than them also.

Jon on the other got his powers super early,absorbs faster and more energy than a full kryptonian,and becomes even more powerful.you could "potentially" link his fast aging to this also,and could have him overly goodie too shoes golden boy with him trying to be what he thinks a perfect hero should be even when he is actually younger than he looks,plus you can have him have moments of childlike anger.

Cool huh?

Don't worry about kon though being so weak,he isnt,having the whole kryptonian powerset is a badass level of power ,BUT he also has the greatest single power in all comic=TTK,which makes him able to kick the **** out of everyone.
    Not really, I must say I HATE IT!!
    Makes Conner MUCH weaker than Jon etc.

The best way was like it was done.
    Slightly weaker than Clark, because he is younger, but he has TTK which can increase his powers AND block magic and give him a wider range of attacks.

The best written Conner since Rebirth was the Suicide Squad Match.
    The fight against Ultraman was PERFECT and it was also nice how he used his speed to tell Bolt to run and analyzed the vibrations of the Speedster to capture him. Even Superboy looked PERFECT in the Series with the “old” Rebirth Costume.

The BIG Problem with Conner is that Conner and Jon are actually almost the same person in Comics.
    What Conner needs is that he gets aged up, to get a different look than Jon, gets more powerful and gets a own character (based on his experiences) and finally a healthy relationship.
    And also that his legacy is restored, he is the one with the most experience and is the one who already fought against Doomsday, Darkseid and Superboy Prime and he is the one whose statue is in Metropolis next to Clarks.

For Conner I see millions of ways to evolve, the 2 big directions which can be differentiated in many ways are:

1 ROCKSTAR Conner:
    This is more based on the Kessel Version and the Reign of Supermen ANIME Film.
    Here he wears a flashier outfit, with cool, longer hairs, earring etc.
    Body-type: Nightwing
    Popular with the ladies, in general popular (Inspiration by John Morrison of WWE or Tanahashi of NJPW Wrestling) (or Dante/Nero of Devil May Cry Video-Game)
    Sarcastic, making fun of the enemies-having a fighting style which is kind of more based on Nightwing etc. also working as Model etc.

2 NEW52 Superman:
    Here I take the NEW52 Superman with Jeans and T-Shirt, together with a black leather Jacket.
    The Body of the NEW52 Superman was perfect and the blue Shirt with the Fleischer S looked MUCH MUCH better than the boring black Shirt with red S of Conner.
    I like that he trains in Martial Arts like Conner in the Young Justice TV Series did.
    I can also imagine him being closer to Lex Luthor here and accompany him during his travels and protect Lex. NOT being a villain, just more like Father-Son Relationship.
    Body-type: slightly less muscular than Clark-like the NEW52 Superman
    Location: Hawaii (maybe even having Hawaiian Tattoos) or New York

These 2 are the big directions which would be PERFECT for Conner.
    BOTH have the same power-sets and power-level, but are different in attitude, look etc.

Out of these can also grow many storylines-like for example I would also like to see Conner with a blue and green lantern ring.
    This would allow him to travel around the universe and it would also be cool to see which designs he make.
    It would also be nice to see him taking the place of Sodam Yat here.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Super_kon View Post
    I liked Robinson’s take on Conner in Blackest Knight Superman. I think that struck the right balance of Kon/Conner.
    Least favorite: Felicia D Henderson and Meghan Fitzmartin.
    What did Henderson write?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    What did Henderson write?
    Teen Titans. She had a run on it after Conner returned in Legion of 3 worlds.