Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    But what version of him? And would a older "graduated" kon be a good match still?
    She's perfect for the 90s and version of Conner. She looks the type to go after the hearthrobs. An older graduated Kon could encounter an older graduated M'gann that's kind of how she is now personality wise. It still works in my mind.

True,guess Porter has his hands full with "finding conners spot in the universe".

Wonder if kon will actually start being critical of Jon,thinking he could have handled things better in certain situations
    My personal feelings on the matter should be Connor going to Jon and saying “Look your Superman’s son, I figured one day you would grow up and actually be Superman, I don’t fault you for that. I just never expected that you would become so close to my age so soon. I’m still older and more experienced, but frankly I thought I’d be in my 30’s and already Superman by the time you officially suited up. Maybe I missed out on mentoring you, or getting time to be Superman all by myself, but you’re here and not much I can do about that.”
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    My personal feelings on the matter should be Connor going to Jon and saying “Look your Superman’s son, I figured one day you would grow up and actually be Superman, I don’t fault you for that. I just never expected that you would become so close to my age so soon. I’m still older and more experienced, but frankly I thought I’d be in my 30’s and already Superman by the time you officially suited up. Maybe I missed out on mentoring you, or getting time to be Superman all by myself, but you’re here and not much I can do about that.”
    He should be angry, get over it and retire Superboy. Find something else in his life to do. Like... Become a bounty hunter or return to being a celebrity. Move away from the superhero crowd for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s definitely Clark and Lois’ apartment. Given the “Super-Corp” tease in Williamson’s Superman solicits I am expecting the official Metropolis HQ of the Superfamily will become Lexcorp tower. Which could provide some interesting stories for Conner specifically depending on how that’s used.

Oh damn hanging in lexs house lol.

Plz let Conner have some inkling of lex trait or connection thst we can see on the page,it has gotten old,stale,and dead now how long we have waited for it
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

BANNED

Just finished reading Kon’s 1994 series. I loved the Hawaii era and was not thrilled with the change in direction midway through the series. Luckily I just happened to have read Jack Kirby’s Jimmy Olsen so I was able to appreciate the Cadmus stuff. It just bothered me because it came without warning. I was glad to have Karl Kesel back.

Killing off Tana is still a mistake that needs to be undone.

I’m not a fan of Geoff Johns’ version of the character. I just like 1993-2003.

Does anyone know why the final issue of the series, #100, isn’t on DC Universe Infinite?
    Last edited by KyleWayne; 01-03-2023 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    She's perfect for the 90s and version of Conner. She looks the type to go after the hearthrobs. An older graduated Kon could encounter an older graduated M'gann that's kind of how she is now personality wise. It still works in my mind.
    Do you want him to stay that young? Just asking you personally.

I personally want him in his early 20s,with a good mix of 90s OG SB and Geoffs more mature version,but with the 2 branching off together into a new version of him thst all fans of him can recognize and think is cool.

So when can we start sending Porter scripts with mggan in them lol?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Thst is so very mature of him ugh,I guess it is the right thing to do,but I wouldn't mind just a pinch of pissiness though.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    He should be angry, get over it and retire Superboy. Find something else in his life to do. Like... Become a bounty hunter or return to being a celebrity. Move away from the superhero crowd for a while.

Well I don't think the world would be a better place with him NOT being a hero,but I can see him going about it a Lil different than the other members of the S family

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    Just finished reading Kon’s 1994 series. I loved the Hawaii era and was not thrilled with the change in direction midway through the series. Luckily I just happened to have read Jack Kirby’s Jimmy Olsen so I was able to appreciate the Cadmus stuff. It just bothered me because it came without warning. I was glad to have Karl Kesel back.

Killing off Tana is still a mistake that needs to be undone.

I’m not a fan of Geoff Johns’ version of the character. I just like 1993-2003.

Does anyone know why the final issue of the series, #100, isn’t on DC Universe Infinite?
    I loved that series as a whole,it's what got me to my lcs every Wednesday back then,but yes some issues were either bad filler issues or could have been better for sure.

Tanya's death was supposed to be a big thing for him,but they moved him from one crisis to another so fast thst it was just one of many.

Tana now would have to be around his age,not older like before

OK so does anybody think there is a very slight chance Conner from the Titans show will show up in the multiverse during the flash movie ,seeing as though thst Pic has different versions of characters thrown in?

I wouldn't mind seeing some screen time with Conner(Orpin) with sasha Calle and a older version of Henry cavill all together.points if they make sasha not Kara and benoist shows up also

Karl kesel reasoning was becauee he was a horn dog and would get around with anybody.many didn't appreciate it,because it perpetuates thst being gay or bi is all about sex and not about feelings and real relationships.

Kon is straight,he has alwsys been straight,in everything,it's plain as the sky is blue and grass is green,but some still don't believe it,imo it's cool to like and want what you want,but it's not gonna happen,unless we get another activist writer writing his character,and they feel the agenda is more important than staying true to the character.
    Coming out doesn't fundamentally change a person, Conner's always been a horndog and a shameless flirt so Kesel right in that those aspects wouldn't change about him simply because he started pursuing guys as well.

Ultimately though his reasoning doesn't matter, he created Conner and established much of what defines him to this day, if he says he sees him as bi that carries far more validity about what's "true to the character" than whatever you may feel (seriously you're trying to argue that a authors wrong about their own creation) and I imagine if the discussion over making Conner queerness official ever cones up in DC future people will point to this interview and Kesel endorsement of the idea.

BANNED

I loved that series as a whole,it's what got me to my lcs every Wednesday back then,but yes some issues were either bad filler issues or could have been better for sure.

Tanya's death was supposed to be a big thing for him,but they moved him from one crisis to another so fast thst it was just one of many.

Tana now would have to be around his age,not older like before
    Why would they have to change her age?

I don’t think it had filler issues, I just found the switch from Hawaii to Cadmus to be so jarring. The only era I didn’t like was the DiDio era, but it was still better then what came later in Teen Titans (a series that ruined Kon, Cassie, and Bart).

Kon was also great in Peter David’s Young Justice, which is another reason why I hate Teen Titans. And don’t even get me started on the ugly black t-shirt “costume”. I’m so glad Bendis brought back Kim’s leather jacket and spit curl.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Be realistic now if they made a Bat and Super character a thing whose going to ultimately benefit the most from that arrangement get the more attention, Midnighter and Apollo are another "queer power couple" yet whose the one with all the solo's and guest appearances and whose just the other's underdeveloped boyfriend?

The simple truth is there's no benefit to Conner character being attached to Tim as he'd just be swallowed up by the Batman inflation that plagues all of DC, 2023 upcoming magic crossover is being set-up in Batman v Robin for Pete's sake, so let him go to space where he hopefully carve out a new niche for himself and truly shine as he certainly doesn't work in the more grounded detective based stories of Tim's world and vice versa.

It's all a moot point anyway even if Conner had been the Superboy they outed the Bat Office would still have likely said no to Timkon because metas clash with the more "realistic" Batworld part of the DC Universe and certainly aren't viable in any long-term capacity like as a major love-interest, it's why Dick and Starfire will never be an official thing again and considering how much TimxBernard been marketed and appeared in several adaptions in under a year it's clear DC playing for keeps with those two.
    While I entirely agree about a Bat-plague taking over too much of the DC-stuff at large...I don't think comparing Apollo and Midnighter to a potential Kon-Tim pairing quite works. Much like with Hulkling and Wiccan they were created as a couple and then there some factors outside being a 'power couple' that got Midnighter more exposure recently...such as for a bit it seemed like DC wanted to split the two up and have Midnighter be the "gay guy that hits on the various Batfam boys" for awhile. (And I'd argue that Hulkling...and certainly Apollo are more developed than some in fandom say. Not saying they both couldn't do with more but its not as bad as some make it out to be...but that's a discussion for elsewhere).

In the Bat-books at least I could see Conner end up as 'just a love interest' or even barely acknowledged. But outside them I don't think it would be the case. Especially not in the Super-fam books and any potential new Titans or Young Justice books that would arise featuring them. I'd predict that DC would at least launch a mini for the two as well. Knowing DC, if they had Kon finally come out they'd milk the hell out of it with reprints of old comics, back ups and more minis starring Kon, and pushing for him to have bigger showings in places like Action comics. It'd probably be a bigger thing if they had him with Tim but that said, Conner coming out doesn't mean he has to be paired to Tim. There's a lot of different options out there for guys he could be paired up with (for instance news about the upcoming Action Comics run has some thinking a Kon/Kenan pairing might be fun) or even just having him date/flirt/etc around in general. Heck it could be a nice change of pace for Kon to be out there flirting and dating around as opposed to the "comes out and immediately settles into a 'safe' pairing" thing DC did with Jon and Tim. All that aside, Kon coming out would get him a nice surge in popularity and exposure much like it did with Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    Why would they have to change her age?

I don’t think it had filler issues, I just found the switch from Hawaii to Cadmus to be so jarring. The only era I didn’t like was the DiDio era, but it was still better then what came later in Teen Titans (a series that ruined Kon, Cassie, and Bart).

Kon was also great in Peter David’s Young Justice, which is another reason why I hate Teen Titans. And don’t even get me started on the ugly black t-shirt “costume”. I’m so glad Bendis brought back Kim’s leather jacket and spit curl.

Because she was a adult and he was a kid,and that wouldn't fly now.she could be a internet news influencer type,have big #s on YouTube,tiktok,Instagram,twitter,and Facebook,as a teen.

This wouldn't even be a thing if they would just age him up where he should be

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Yeah he could be a part time hero who juggles both superherodom and bounty hunting.
    Do you want him to stay that young? Just asking you personally.

I personally want him in his early 20s,with a good mix of 90s OG SB and Geoffs more mature version,but with the 2 branching off together into a new version of him thst all fans of him can recognize and think is cool.

So when can we start sending Porter scripts with mggan in them lol?
    Your 20s are considered an extended version of your teen years. So it's easier for him to be similar to he was in the 90s.