Page 36 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    This is something I've been wondering. Do you think Kon falls into the same trapping as Tim mainly that he doesn't have anything really unique to set himself apart in terms of the rest of the Superman family/Mythos?
    Not at all, heck 90% of the reason they outed Tim was because beforehand he had no obvious gimmick that truly help set him apart from the rest of the Robins while Conner always been very unique.

He has a completely unique origin and storyline potential as a clone, a power-set no one else possesses, a visually distinct style and design and a personality that's all his own.

If you were to show an image of Conner to a random person on the street even if the didn't know who he was they'd at least be to tell he's a different character from Superman himself.

Jon on the other hand not so much

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I don't think that's their point. Walk's point seems to be dumping all of them at once feels like a bad move.
    Bingo! and ironically I was saying PKJ trying to imitate modern Batfam by fast-forwarding the Superfamily into another big group (just with none of the prior shared history) was part of the proble

Even the Batfamily as we know it today started with just 3/4 members and steadily ballooned as more got added over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Bingo! and ironically I was saying PKJ trying to imitate modern Batfam by fast-forwarding the Superfamily into another big group (just with none of the prior shared history) was part of the proble

Even the Batfamily as we know it today started with just 3/4 members and steadily ballooned as more got added over the years.
    I like Kenan but he feels like the odd man out. Cutting him and leaning into Jon, the twins and Kara would be ideal. Instead of the flashback to Jon's childhood, I wish the backup was about Kenan and Conner instead.

I like the book but im not reading it for another superman solo. I'm hoping Johnson could use the ensemble cast better in future issues.

Your original idea of an arc made up of one on one team up issues between Clark and the legacies would be more appealing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Then he should be Super*man* not Superboy.
    The naming saga continues...

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    This is something I've been wondering. Do you think Kon falls into the same trapping as Tim mainly that he doesn't have anything really unique to set himself apart in terms of the rest of the Superman family/Mythos?
    Conner is easier to set apart from the other Supers than Tim and the other robins.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-01-2023 at 10:52 AM.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I don't think that's their point. Walk's point seems to be dumping all of them at once feels like a bad move.
    I know what they meant. I was responding to the idea of making them like the Batfamily off the bat. I don't need that with Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He does: his Luthor heritage. Being the “son” of Superman and Lex makes him unique in comparison to the rest, none of the others have villainous heritage. Frankly if Johns hadn’t done that retcon I expect Conner would have disappeared for good. But Conner is basically just in Action as a way to keep in the spotlight until his mini launches next month so I’m not too bothered just yet.
    I'm going to disagree here. Since A) Connor had to die over the Siegel lawsuits. B) Nobody has done anything with the retcon. Johns did the whole "am I good or evil?" which added nothing to character at all and had to ignore his prior history to even make it work. Granted, he didn't finish his story. Maybe I can think like this because I wasn't around back then, but from what I know, Connor was a popular character. After Bendis's Young Justice ended, there was people who wanted to do stuff with the character. I disagree he would've disappeared for good. Unless you something different by disappeared for good.

Aren't the backups switching it up soon? Power Girl's story is continuing into a one-shot.
    Well again Conner didn't really do anything or say much in today's issue of AC but that was kind of true of everyone also they really need bring in Jon's blue streaks or do something else with his hair as I keep getting them confused whether one's on the page.

I think Steve Orlando recent Scarlet Witch series had a smarter approach to doing something with a family focus where instead of trying to squeeze in everyone from the start it has Wanda teaming up with a different relative each issue, that way you can actually dive into who they are and the relationship because I don't think the concept of the Superfamily going to take off if its mostly a crowd standing around exchanging interchangeable dialogue.

The mistake was trying to rush it immediately to Batfamily status when instead it probably should've been more honest and have Clark acknowledge how disconnected he and his allies are from each other and have the run partly be about him helping to finally bring them together as a team, let the readers actually see them form these new bonds instead of simply telling us they're all of a sudden this tight unit because it definitely weird hearing Powergirl talk about how she the "Outsider" and the "black sheep" when Superfamily itself still feels like a group of strangers.
    Scarlet Witch isn't always doing family members. It just so happens that issues 2 and 3 both did that (issue 1 was an original character), with her "niece" Viv Vision and "sister" Polaris (both in quotes for a reason, as Viv is actually the artificially created daughter of her ex-husband Vision and his also-artificial second wife, who had her brain engrams - the topic of Wanda being Viv's mother due to that was actually addressed, the robot teen said she couldn't replace Virginia Vision - as for Polaris, not really Wanda's sister either, they just thought they were sisters for a long time due to Wanda's mistaken belief that Magneto was her Dad).

About the Super kids, Conner has a short back and sides with it longer on top, Kenan has a crewcut, and Jon has his hair the longest of them, most similar to Clark's.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Which is why Conner should be aged up or atleast said to be a certain age.hopefully 18 or older,that gets him out of range of the new characters thst will be coming in to take other characters spots.we got the super twins,had Matt price,and Jon as those that could take that younger spot.kon is a young adult now and should be shown and used as such.
    There's a major continuity issue with Young Justice's ages. Conner debuted in Death of Superman and Jon was born after that. That should mean Conner is over a decade older than when he debuted. He clearly isn't. Likewise, Tim Drake was 17 when Damian was 10. Damian's now 14, so Tim, and therefore Conner and Cassie too, should be 21 (Bart is slightly younger than the other three) based on that. The easiest fix is to alter Jon's origin, so that he spent time growing up off world while no time passed on Earth-0. Essentially Narnia time. That way he could age up to 11 (the age he was before Bendis aged him up, which does have an AU and time travel explanation already) while Young Justice doesn't age up as much - though they do still need aging up to 21. It'd also solve the nonsense of the new Wonder Girl being older than the established one. It's the one thing I don't like about Yara, she should be younger than Cassie, not older. She's 21. Supergirl is 21 as well, but with World's Finest re-establishing that she was around in the silver age, she needs aging up a few years as well.

As for Matt Price, that should just explain him as being New 52 Superboy with amnesia. Bendis already established that New 52 Kon-El wasn't the one from Young Justice.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wouldn't count Matt as a member of the Super family. He had little connection to Clark and never met him. I'm not sure making him an amnesiac Jon Lane Kent is a good idea.

I don't mind if he does hang out with Clark and the others but I'm not in a rush for it. This book is crowded enough lol.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-01-2023 at 12:02 PM.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Aren't the backups switching it up soon? Power Girl's story is continuing into a one-shot.Scarlet Witch isn't always doing family members. It just so happens that issues 2 and 3 both did that (issue 1 was an original character), with her "niece" Viv Vision and "sister" Polaris (both in quotes for a reason, as Viv is actually the artificially created daughter of her ex-husband Vision and his also-artificial second wife, who had her brain engrams - the topic of Wanda being Viv's mother due to that was actually addressed, the robot teen said she couldn't replace Virginia Vision - as for Polaris, not really Wanda's sister either, they just thought they were sisters for a long time due to Wanda's mistaken belief that Magneto was her Dad).

About the Super kids, Conner has a short back and sides with it longer on top, Kenan has a crewcut, and Jon has his hair the longest of them, most similar to Clark's.

There's a major continuity issue with Young Justice's ages. Conner debuted in Death of Superman and Jon was born after that. That should mean Conner is over a decade older than when he debuted. He clearly isn't. Likewise, Tim Drake was 17 when Damian was 10. Damian's now 14, so Tim, and therefore Conner and Cassie too, should be 21 (Bart is slightly younger than the other three) based on that. The easiest fix is to alter Jon's origin, so that he spent time growing up off world while no time passed on Earth-0. Essentially Narnia time. That way he could age up to 11 (the age he was before Bendis aged him up, which does have an AU and time travel explanation already) while Young Justice doesn't age up as much - though they do still need aging up to 21. It'd also solve the nonsense of the new Wonder Girl being older than the established one. It's the one thing I don't like about Yara, she should be younger than Cassie, not older. She's 21. Supergirl is 21 as well, but with World's Finest re-establishing that she was around in the silver age, she needs aging up a few years as well.

As for Matt Price, that should just explain him as being New 52 Superboy with amnesia. Bendis already established that New 52 Kon-El wasn't the one from Young Justice.
    Didn't Jurgens just place Jon at being ten during the Death of Superman? She was around in the silver age? What does that mean? Like modern Supergirl is the same Kara from 1959?

One barber in Berlin clearly has good taste.

It occurred to me if this new DCU goes with a black/non-white Luthor that'll likely mean a potential Conner would be a PoC and I'd be down for that

It occurred to me if this new DCU goes with a black/non-white Luthor that'll likely mean a potential Conner would be a PoC and I'd be down for that
    Um no,I want characters to be portrayed as they are in the comics,if you can't do thst very simple thing right then you shouldn't be using the character in the 1st place.

Very cool fan cosplay though
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Um no,I want characters to be portrayed as they are in the comics,if you can't do thst very simple thing right then you shouldn't be using the character in the 1st place.

Very cool fan cosplay though
    There's nothing about Conner's character that require him to be white and if they do go with a non-white Luthor or even Clark it's almost a guarantee he won't be.

We have a Latinx Kara and host of other comic characters who have been made PoC in recent adaptions and this trend not going to stop as it hasn't negatively effected anything bar a bunch whiny bigots on YouTube.

If your still stuck in this mindset in 2023 then I don't what to tell you other than the future is here and it's past you by.

There's nothing about Conner's character that require him to be white and if they do go with a non-white Luthor or even Clark it's almost a guarantee he won't be.

We have a Latinx Kara and host of other comic characters who have been made PoC in recent adaptions and this trend not going to stop as it hasn't negatively effected anything bar a bunch whiny bigots on YouTube.

If your still stuck in this mindset in 2023 then I don't what to tell you other than the future is here and it's past you by.

Thst is one helliva snobby comment you made there,maybe you should not be so willing to be arrogant,and actually be at the very least willing to let others have their own opinions,without the insinuation thst they have to be racists if they don't agree with you in lock step.

Clark is a white guy,and Conner was made to look exactly like him,thst is enough right there to make him match what he has looked like in the past.

Plus just in the last 5 years we have had Young justice,Titans,reign of the supermen,teen titans go,even robot chicken all have him looking the same,thsts how you make a product recognizable,which in turn makes the company more $.

And your not racists for wanting what you have been reading for the last 30 years to jump off the page and be shown in other media the same way,thsts called.being a good fan,a loyal fan.

The Kara for the flash show has been getting a lot of negatives,anywhere between BLAH To "hey isn't thst superboy",I wouldn't use her as your trump.card.

Perry white ,commissioner gordon,and general Zod are good changes thst everyone liked,but that's because the actors were good,and mostly because they are side characters.

As I said before I'm not a racist because I want to see my comic character looking like the comic character in the comics,your post says more about you than me.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Conner usually takes after Clark visually you'd have a black Superman than Luthor. Unless you wanna have Conner be a mix of Lex and Clark's traits visually.

Conner usually takes after Clark visually you'd have a black Superman than Luthor. Unless you wanna have Conner be a mix of Lex and Clark's traits visually.
    I like the idea of lex deliberately giving kon his eyes,so thst everytime superman looks at him,he will see him,and it will give kon something to dislike about himself,hence wearing the glasses

Conner was designed to look like Superman. Unless this was Earth 23 then maybe. Besides it wouldn't matter if Lex was black or asian. The human half was altered so that he'd come out looking like a zerox of Clark. That's part of his design.