Page 14 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post

The perfect power wise for me is he shares a few Kryptonian powers but to a weaker extent due to being a hybrid with TK being the main source (and colored red).
    So the YJ show plus new 52?
    Thst powerset would work IF they had him lose a lot of his kryptonian powers ,and his TTK remermeged but even stronger,OR we all found out thst he has been using his TK to mimic the kryptonian powers,he just didn't say it this whole time,cause of his whole "want to be like superman" thing.

I'm pretty much seeing the Titans of tomoorw(full kryptonian ,snd full TK) powerset as his goal powerset,cause he has all the kryptonian powers and at normal levels,and TTK on top of thst wouldn't do him justice(even though Black Zero and convergence superboy both was cool asf imo).

I love the new 52 tactile senses,thst on top of the ToT TK would be good to me
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Ya know all things considered, its still rather surreal Superboy won that contest.

Pretty much everyone expected Vampire Batman to have won. Thank God tumblr wasn't taken into account for the final vote.

You would think superboy would kill on tumblr because of all the shipping and lust they have for him on there lol
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Ya know all things considered, its still rather surreal Superboy won that contest.

Pretty much everyone expected Vampire Batman to have won. Thank God tumblr wasn't taken into account for the final vote.
    I thought they would go for the younger crowd like Connor than Vampire Batman.

But what was that take gonna be like?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-11-2023 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    It's not just something extra thst needs no explanation,it's the power thst has shaped his uniqueness,besides the coolness factor ,it should be a big deal,and explained.
    It's a world of fictional powers and made up science how does 90% of the fantastical stuff that happens in DC work? Ultimately it doesn't matter that's never been what the superhero genre been about and its usually at it's worse when it gets bogged down by trying to explain how any of that nonsense is suppose to work.

It's not as if Karl Kesel was thinking all that deep about it back in the 90's when he gave Conner TTK outside of feeling it'd be a cool powerset to work with so I wouldn't tie myself in knots about logistics of it now.
    Last edited by walk; 01-11-2023 at 08:51 AM.

There was actual vote rigging discovered in the final round when it was clear Conner was going to take it by a landslide only for Justice League Dark to suddenly start to catch up and many people called fowl as the sudden jump was highly suspicious and the mods discovered all the new votes JLD were from fake accounts so whether JLD got to finals legitimately highly questionable.

I'd say Conner pretty popular with the tumblr crowd, it might burn people to know this but he's pretty popular with ths shipping, general left leaning Pro diversity, pro LGBTQ, female centric sections of online fandom

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    There was actual vote rigging discovered in the final round when it was clear Conner was going to take it by a landslide only for Justice League Dark to suddenly start to catch up and many people called fowl as the sudden jump was highly suspicious and the mods discovered all the new votes JLD were from fake accounts so whether JLD got to finals legitimately highly questionable.

I'd say Conner pretty popular with the tumblr crowd, it might burn people to know this but he's pretty popular with ths shipping, general left leaning Pro diversity, pro LGBTQ, female centric sections of online fandom
    Is he popular with tumblr and shipping because they like his actual character or for purely shipping reasons (AKA extension of Tim).......oh who am I kidding, I'm 90% it is the latter.
    Last edited by NOCTPHOENIX; 01-11-2023 at 05:52 AM.

Mighty Member

There needs to be a mandate that as a general rule of thumb that comic writers are NOT allowed to take into account tumblr for ANYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought they would go for the younger crowd like Connor than Vampire Batman.

But what was that take gonna be like?

Some form of.mulitversal suicide squad type team with vampire.batman leading the way.

Conner kicked his dark knight ass lol

It's a world of fictional powers and made up science how does 90% of the fantastical stuff that happens in DC work? Ultimately it doesn't matter that's never been what the superhero genre been about and its usually at it's worse when it gets bogged down by trying to explain how any of that nonsense is suppose to work.

It's not as if Karl Kesel was thinking all that deep about it back in the 90's when he gave Conner TTK outside of feeling it'd be a cool powerset to work with so I wouldn't tie myself in knots about logistics of it now.

Actually no,kesel took the very thought out idea from bryne about supermans bio aura and changed it into a TK field for him,so yes writers and fans loved to know how things work,they just want a comic type explanation,which means not real-world explanation,which would keep everyone captain america level or lower.

I sure don't care.where his fans come.from,aslong as I can be one too,my personal beef with anyone is to keep him in character,looks,origins,powers,personality,and only tweak thst if it makes sense for what we have seen for the last 30 years.

30.years ppl,he is older than probably a lot of you

Is he popular with tumblr and shipping because they like his actual character or for purely shipping reasons (AKA extension of Tim).......oh who am I kidding, I'm 90% it is the latter.

I would say 10 to 20 for him,as in they have read or watched him and think he is cool.

The other 90 to 80 is shipping and thinking he is hot and thinks of him as the ultimate super character hearthrob

There needs to be a mandate that as a general rule of thumb that comic writers are NOT allowed to take into account tumblr for ANYTHING.

Um.then we have to take Megan Fitzmartins pen or laptop away from her,cause her writing comes straight thru there

There's a lot of Timkon shipping but I also find plenty of fanart that's just Conner by himself, people legitimately enjoy his cocky outgoing personality and flamboyant style.

I'd say Jon suffers more from being seen as an extension as its rare to find anything that doesn't tie back to Super Sons (i.e. his friendship with Damian) and forget anything to do with his older self.

Compare to all actual bigotry that exists within fandoms, see any number of youtube channels dedicated to ranting about women, PoC and wokeness in modern comics, tumblr and it's shipping culture while tiresome is ultimately harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Some form of.mulitversal suicide squad type team with vampire.batman leading the way.

Conner kicked his dark knight ass lol
    Lol.

I don't mind Vampire Batman but I rather get Manbat retooled into a reluctant vampire like the God's and Monsters take.