Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

But you can take inspiration and things thst work in one adaption and not have to do a perfect 1 for 1 copy of it.joshs SB is a great rendition of the character,and it's different than any thst has come before.Titans SB has added something to the overall character thst is kon/Conner,and hopefully we see that in the comics,or maybe in a animated movie or movie someday
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    I wasn't aware of his reaction to it. Makes sense if it's true he's taking inspiration from JLU and YJ. He'd want a more sunnier approach than the grim gritty vibe in Titans.
    Hah wouldn’t describe either of those as “sunny” myself. Truth be told I think it’s a classic case of the new regime coming in and wanting a clean slate to execute their vision on. Hamada tried to have it both ways and we saw where that got him. Only question is how soon, if ever, will we see Conner again in live action? If they go the route of putting him in Dick’s gen like YJ did we might see him very soon. A Teen Titans/YJ movie be in the second phase feels feasible to me. Otherwise we will be waiting a while, especially if they decide to go the Waid World’s Finest route of having Kara be the Super in Dick’s gen.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    But you can take inspiration and things thst work in one adaption and not have to do a perfect 1 for 1 copy of it.joshs SB is a great rendition of the character,and it's different than any thst has come before.Titans SB has added something to the overall character thst is kon/Conner,and hopefully we see that in the comics,or maybe in a animated movie or movie someday
    Oh I agree. Inspiration in this sense doesn't mean 1 to 1 duplication but the general idea and feeling. Some characters may not make the cut but I hope Conner does. Take the best of each iteration and were golden.

I'm you guys opinion what one thing,and only one "unique" thing can you,or should DC pull from this adaptions of Conner?

Young justice show?
    Titans?
    Reign of the Supermen?
    Smallville or Smallville season 11?
    New 52?
    Geoffs take?
    Bendis take?

And I consider kesels OG kon as the base,cause that run made me a consistent long time comic reader
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hah wouldn’t describe either of those as “sunny” myself. Truth be told I think it’s a classic case of the new regime coming in and wanting a clean slate to execute their vision on. Hamada tried to have it both ways and we saw where that got him. Only question is how soon, if ever, will we see Conner again in live action? If they go the route of putting him in Dick’s gen like YJ did we might see him very soon. A Teen Titans/YJ movie be in the second phase feels feasible to me. Otherwise we will be waiting a while, especially if they decide to go the Waid World’s Finest route of having Kara be the Super in Dick’s gen.
    Lol probably should have picked a different word. Conner being a part of Dick's generation is going to become the norm based on current media. If a casual hasn't read the books, they'll just straight assume he is part of the generation. The DCAU version was part of Damian's group along with Donna before they were killed off so it continues to blur generational placement. I prefer Kara Conner's age but I admit it makes more sense for her to be a part of Dick's group with Conner coming in later. Funny enough in YJ it'd be the reverse had it continued.

I'm you guys opinion what one thing,and only one "unique" thing can you,or should DC pull from this adaptions of Conner?

Young justice show?
    Titans?
    Reign of the Supermen?
    New 52?
    Geoffs take?
    Bendis take?

And I consider kesels OG kon as the base,cause that run made me a consistent long time comic reader
    Young justice show?
    Relationship with M'gann

Titans?
    Epigenetic memory/intelligence

Reign of the Supermen?
    The look

His ttk being a mutation of his flight

New 52?
    Ttk sense

Geoffs take?
    Lori Luthor.

Bendis take?
    His friendship with Bart. I hate that it gets downplayed in favor of Tim. They were really close in David's run and have much more in common.

Young justice show?
    Titans?
    Reign of the Supermen?
    New 52?
    Geoffs take?
    Bendis take?

Young justice show?- his mentor like dynamic with Jaime and Brion.
    Titans?- the relationship with Blackfire.
    Reign of the Supermen?- the youthful vibe and media obsession from the movie.
    Smallville or Smallville season 11?- his resemblance to young Lex or Julian.
    New 52?- probably the reason why he's snarky in the annual.
    Geoffs take?- the lex luthor connection.
    Bendis take?- his time on Gemworld.

Kessel's take is TTK and Hawaii.

I'd also want the Cadmus stuff and M'Gann from YJ.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-01-2023 at 01:27 PM.

Young justice show?

Couldn't escape this
    Titans?
    Epigentic memory
    Reign of the Supermen?
    Lex's eyes
    Mutation of flight into TK
    New 52?
    Tactile senses
    Geoffs take?
    Black and red S shield
    Bendis take?
    The artist trying to hard with his look,and bendis making him vanilla as he could

OG kon has the best suit,jacket,had TTK,attitude,heart,fun,adventure,best locations

Has anybody see these? I was gonna buy this statue until I seen the blue neck area,instead of the back.i hope this is a limited problem and not something thst will keep me from purchasing it when it gets fixed.

Young justice show?

Couldn't escape this
    Titans?
    Epigentic memory
    Reign of the Supermen?
    Lex's eyes
    Mutation of flight into TK
    New 52?
    Tactile senses
    Geoffs take?
    Black and red S shield
    Bendis take?
    The artist trying to hard with his look,and bendis making him vanilla as he could

OG kon has the best suit,jacket,had TTK,attitude,heart,fun,adventure,best locations

This list is a pretty good list of things I want to see in the comics,or anywhere else we might see conner.

I wouldn't mind dully powered kryptonian/TTK powered kon either dating or teaming with mggan

Epigemtic memory
    Tactile senses
    Actual use his TTK(in any form)

Wear the black and red S shield,have lexs eyes,put a tattoo of the shield on his arm,wear the origninal jacket

Let him explore the universe,time,all while living back in Hawaii,plenty of room to get out of others shadows and.for him to reach his full potential

Amazing Member

Young justice show?
    Titans?
    Reign of the Supermen?
    New 52?
    Geoffs take?
    Bendis take?

Young justice- brother dynamic with Clark.

Titans- intelligence and memory

Reign- cockiness

Smallville - hesitance of leading and legacy of the “s”. ( the best leaders are the ones that don’t seek it )

New 52 - barcode tat or slight homages to tron suit.

Geoff’s take - his and Cassie’s relationship. ( as long as it’s not a crutch for either character)

Bendis’ take - his maturity. As someone who has adopted, it takes a lot of maturity to raise someone’s kid. Hell,it was very Jonathan Kent-esque.

Little bit extra- I would have his look like it was in graduation day. The scruffy look with shaggy hair set him apart in my opinion.

Young justice show?
    Titans?
    Reign of the Supermen?
    New 52?
    Geoffs take?
    Bendis take?

Young justice show? - Relationship with M’gann, romance or not I see no reason not to establish her as being part of his social circle
    Titans? - Intelligence
    Reign of the Supermen? - Costume and having the same eye color as Lex
    Smallville or Smallville season 11? - Damn I’ve totally forgotten this one
    New 52? - Uh I guess I liked the Caitlin Fairchild romance or at least the potential of it
    Geoffs take? - I don’t mind him living a stretch in Smallville but…
    Bendis take? -> …Bendis nailed it that Conner’s end to his time in Smallville should be him going “yeah love you Grandpa and Grandma Kent but this farm life isn’t for me. I’m outta here, but I’ll come visit!”
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Why haven't I noticed his 5 o clock shadow for a beard before lol? And how dumb those knee pads are on top of the knees?

I liked the way Gleason gave him stubble

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I liked the way Gleason gave him stubble

I think that was my favorite or one of my favorites pics of kon in the series.

Yeah shown his age,he isn't a fresh out of the oven clone anymore,he has been around,he knows the ropes,he should be treated like it .

BTW new name ideas
    Kon-El and Red Son