Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

I'm.guessing we will see TTK in PKJs very 1st family issue (1051),he has been setting it up with every other member of the family.

Course I also think he will show atleast something thst makes them all different from each other too in the issue
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I liked the way Gleason gave him stubble

Very 20s looking Kon-El.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Very 20s looking Kon-El.

Which is exactly what he should be
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Agewise I think he should look obviously younger than superman in comics,movies,and against supermans doppelgangers,but easily older than his younger self.19 to 21 is what we might get if we are lucky someday,but really he should be pushing 24ish in the comics.Josh Orpin is 28 and plays him very well and easily pass for thst age.he should also be much taller than the migit size they keep drawing him like in AC.he should be pretty much with superman in height,but thinner,cause it'll give him a youthful look.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Of course a straight guy and a gay/bi guy can be friends. Obsidian and Atom Smasher are a great example of that, so DC has done that.
    But a guy can also come out as bi and realize he's in love with his best friend. Both things can happen.
    Tim and Kon have a big fan base considering how little has been officially done to encourage it. They'd make a great power couple that could have stories no one else can have.
    Speaking as someone who actually likes Wiccan and Hulkling the whole queer "power couple" thing isn't all its cracked up to be as its ultimately handicapped Billy and Teddy for years now and they're almost never allowed to have actual individual development or storylines outside of each other that aren't centered around their relationship in some way.

Hulkling gets its the worse of it due to Billy being the more popular of the two and with how anything Batman related is positioned above everything else in DC a relationship between Tim and Conner would likely see are favourite clone boy reduced to Tim's love interest and what a waste that'd be.

I recently listed to a hour long podcast of Timkon fans arguing for it to be made a canon and it was painfully apparent they knew next to nothing about Conner and largely saw him as just an extension of Tim. That's the problem with shipping culture it prioritises characters hooking up over story and its why most smart writers ignore it despite a cute pic getting a few thousand likes on twitter, it's fluff.

There was a time when I wanted Conner to be queer but when Jon came out I made peace with it and I'm much more invested in Porter trying to reinvent him into a cosmic explore having fun space adventures rather than being stuck at Gotham Harbour sitting around Tim's boat and being written Meghan Fitzmartin again.... shivers.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Speaking as someone who actually likes Wiccan and Hulkling the whole queer "power couple" thing isn't all its cracked up to be as its ultimately handicapped Billy and Teddy for years now and they're almost never allowed to have actual individual development or storylines outside of each other that aren't centered around their relationship in some way.

Hulkling gets its the worse of it due to Billy being the more popular of the two and with how anything Batman related is positioned above everything else in DC a relationship between Tim and Conner would likely see are favourite clone boy reduced to Tim's love interest and what a waste that'd be.

I recently listed to a hour long podcast of Timkon fans arguing for it to be made a canon and it was painfully apparent they knew next to nothing about Conner and largely saw him as just an extension of Tim. That's the problem with shipping culture it prioritises characters hooking up over story and its why most smart writers ignore it despite a cute pic getting a few thousand likes on twitter, it's fluff.

There was a time when I wanted Conner to be queer but when Jon came out I made peace with it and I'm much more invested in Porter trying to reinvent him into a cosmic explore having fun space adventures rather than being stuck at Gotham Harbour sitting around Tim's boat and being written Meghan Fitzmartin again.... shivers.
    Where is thst damn like button

Steel_Vol_2_46.jpg

While on the subject of romance I'm ready for Conner to get some loving again he's been single since he got back and it seems him and Cassie are done so why not give him and Natasha another shot, even though it was only had one date I kind of liked the dynamic they had going plus it'd be nice to have a in-house Superfamily romance and see Conner in a interracial relationship again.

I don't know what it says that there's more examples of Conner flirting and being involved with WoC during the early 90s more than anywhere else.

RCO011_1469631646.jpg

RCO022_1469631646 (1).jpg
    Last edited by walk; 01-03-2023 at 07:45 AM.

I'm fond of Connor and Cass but Connor and Natasha could be fun.

Steel_Vol_2_46.jpg

While on the subject of romance I'm ready for Conner to get some loving again he's been single since he got back and it seems him and Cassie are done so why not give him and Natasha another shot, even though it was only had one date I kind of liked the dynamic they had going plus it'd be nice to have a in-house Superfamily romance and see Conner in a interracial relationship again.

I don't know what it says that there's more examples of Conner flirting and being involved with WoC during the early 90s more than anywhere else.

RCO011_1469631646.jpg

RCO022_1469631646 (1).jpg

I remember that,but I never really thought it was a thing,just like him and Rocket,just like him and Cass Cain,it was a 1 and done or a few and done type of issue romance kinda thing,thst all ended on let's be friends .

Isn't she a lesbian,not just bi anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm fond of Connor and Cass but Connor and Natasha could be fun.

I wouldn't mind ms.martian in the comics,BUT nothing like the way it was shown on the show ,God no.mggan in the comics is a much less over the top.character as on the show,and Conner has way more personality and powers in comics than on the show.

I can see them teaming up for a space story,then bring it back home

Hulkiling and Wiccan were created as an established couple, so they never had the opportunities for solo development that Conner and Tim have had.
    Just because some fans of the couple don't know their comics doesn't mean that's the case for everyone. Lots of BatCat fans will only know the movies, as a comparison of fan bases.
    If anything I like Conner more than Tim, but I am also a fan of Tim. So I definitely don't want Conner just as an appendage to Tim.
    I don't see that the problems with Fitzmartin should doom Conner if TimxKon were to happen. She surely won't be the only writer to get to work on Tim, with or without Conner. Them being a couple shouldn't prevent them from having solo adventures as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I wouldn't mind ms.martian in the comics,BUT nothing like the way it was shown on the show ,God no.mggan in the comics is a much less over the top.character as on the show,and Conner has way more personality and powers in comics than on the show.

I can see them teaming up for a space story,then bring it back home
    I disagree because I prefer M'gann over her comic take. But you can tweak certain aspects like her obsessions with sitcoms and the mind rape stuff she indulges in future seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I think his name should be Superclone.
    What about Solaris?

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Hulkiling and Wiccan were created as an established couple, so they never had the opportunities for solo development that Conner and Tim have had.
    Just because some fans of the couple don't know their comics doesn't mean that's the case for everyone. Lots of BatCat fans will only know the movies, as a comparison of fan bases.
    If anything I like Conner more than Tim, but I am also a fan of Tim. So I definitely don't want Conner just as an appendage to Tim.
    I don't see that the problems with Fitzmartin should doom Conner if TimxKon were to happen. She surely won't be the only writer to get to work on Tim, with or without Conner. Them being a couple shouldn't prevent them from having solo adventures as well.

The only "bait" moments with them have been by activists writers ,no one else.it is established he is straight as a arrow.i understand shippers are gonna like who they want together,but it should never happen in comics,it wouldn't make sense for the character.he is straight in every incarnation he has no matter what it is,so I don't get this unhealthy belief thst he will one day wake up different.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I disagree because I prefer M'gann over her comic take. But you can tweak certain aspects like her obsessions with sitcoms and the mind rape stuff she indulges in future seasons.

Well her comic self has been reintroduced so many times you can pretty much make her whatever you want now,and I like thst