Page 40 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Kesel/grummett= probably about half
    Geoffs conner= maybe 90%
    NOW= should be close to kryptonian levels ,plus TTK
    FUTURE= practically as powerful as them with same powers,but with a huge extra TTK/TK arsenal at his disposal

Did every one know these covers connected? Has anyone seen the rest if this? Probably with Kenan and kara

Anybody want to take a swing at a opinion on anything above?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I love this cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Weird pose
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I wouldn't count Matt as a member of the Super family. He had little connection to Clark and never met him. I'm not sure making him an amnesiac Jon Lane Kent is a good idea.
    I didn't mean Jon Lane Kent. I meant the New 52 Kon-El. He's an outright duplicate character, it's confirmed that the current Conner isn't him. But he should also still exist. Making him amnesiac would explain where he went, and give him his own identity.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Didn't Jurgens just place Jon at being ten during the Death of Superman? She was around in the silver age? What does that mean? Like modern Supergirl is the same Kara from 1959?
    No, Jurgens had Jon learn about Death of Superman years after the fact, very recently (i.e. not long before the start of Bendis's run - all of the new Lois & Clark stuff he's doing is set between his Action Comics run and Bendis's) at school. Lois and Clark had kept Clark's death and resurrection hidden from him.

And yes, 1959 Kara is present Kara, they must've undone her post-Crisis erasure, which would mean she'd now be about five years older in all appearances between her return in the 2000s (which must now be a resurrection rather than a reboot - she had died before being erased in Crisis) and Woman of Tomorrow, which aged her up those five years (from 16 to 21). Modern Kara remembers the events of World's Finest, which is set in the silver age. We see that when she talks about Nezha.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-10-2023 at 03:39 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I didn't mean Jon Lane Kent. I meant the New 52 Kon-El. He's an outright duplicate character, it's confirmed that the current Conner isn't him. But he should also still exist. Making him amnesiac would explain where he went, and give him his own identity.

No, Jurgens had Jon learn about Death of Superman years after the fact, very recently (i.e. not long before the start of Bendis's run - all of the new Lois & Clark stuff he's doing is set between his Action Comics run and Bendis's) at school. Lois and Clark had kept Clark's death and resurrection hidden from him.

And yes, 1959 Kara is present Kara, they must've undone her post-Crisis erasure, which would mean she'd now be about five years older in all appearances between her return in the 2000s (which must now be a resurrection rather than a reboot - she had died before being erased in Crisis) and Woman of Tomorrow, which aged her up those five years (from 16 to 21). Modern Kara remembers the events of World's Finest, which is set in the silver age. We see that when she talks about Nezha.

Ugh I really don't want to have 2 kon-els running around,Conner already gets treated bad enough,another kon would just make him look even more replaceable(when he's not).plus I want Conner to take the TTK in every cell thing so his senses can read his DNA,turn on and off with thought,etc etc.,OH and I want thst shoulder tattoo on him.

Kara needs to let us readers know thst she remembers everything,before and after her death,and then move forward with Graysons generation.......thst way kon can be aged up where he is supposed to be

I still disagree on making Matt an amnesiac Superboy. I rather he was a seperate character.

Although Matt and Conner meeting could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I still disagree on making Matt an amnesiac Superboy. I rather he was a seperate character.

Although Matt and Conner meeting could be fun.

I always said make him a amnesiac Jon lane kent,thst way he is a different character all together.

Or make him a Match clone thst hasn't gone bizzare ....yet.

I would jsit make him JLK,and have him a couple years younger than kon,you know the way Jon and kon should be now ,but not.

He has flying brick,plus pinpointing down to ppl he knows whereabouts,and of course the optic blast thst acts like a omega effect,BUT could really just be TK blasts,cause it would be able to do the same thing.

Thry can tweak is actual history if they want,like him coming from the future or being a mass murder,just keeping the basics of being a child of Clark and Lois from somewhere else is important

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Conner was designed to look like Superman. Unless this was Earth 23 then maybe. Besides it wouldn't matter if Lex was black or asian. The human half was altered so that he'd come out looking like a zerox of Clark. That's part of his design.
    Yeah. That's how Conner was designed, but comic writers (and most fans) didn't remember that.

His human half being altered was a compromise from Geof Johns with his first origin, but almost nobody remember that part. People only remember that he is half human and half kryptonian.

Now, people even expect that Conner will look like Clark and Lex. The most recent comment about Conner's look was in Bendis run. It was mentioned that Conner look like a mix of Clark and Lex. And most people doesn't have issue with that.

PS: This kind of change would normally cause a huge scandal among the fans in social media, but there was almost no reaction from them.
    Last edited by Konja7; 03-11-2023 at 04:06 AM.

Astonishing Member

It was never directly said in comics, but New52 Superboy never existed after Superman Reborn modified the timeline. All the story with Harvest was erased.

In the DCU app, Superboy profile mentioned this information.
    Last edited by Konja7; 03-11-2023 at 04:12 AM.

Nice art,and why didn't DC just keep.it simple.and have kon wear his actual original supersuit,but with the black in the S shield,so easy to get right,but they blew it

Mighty Member

I'm probably the only person who liked New 52 Kon, at least power wise and suitwise.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    I'm probably the only person who liked New 52 Kon, at least power wise and suitwise.
    New 52 Kon ages the best in terms of style.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post

I liked him,minus the bad last minute origin,and the hairbthat I thought was more Jon than kon.

Cool suit,smart,really powerful,tactile senses and spread the u his body,not just a field thst wraps around his body,which is a better way of being a TK powerhouse in my opinion.

He could have been a kidnapped,mind wiped,and genetically tinkered with.could grow into actual kryptonian powers,all or YJ show like,could easily be the Conner we all know and love now,but they screwed it up,and there is no turning back now ugh