Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    What about Solaris?

Thst name has already been used.

Scion
    Red Son
    Kon-El
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    What about Solaris?
    I prefer Supernova.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Well her comic self has been reintroduced so many times you can pretty much make her whatever you want now,and I like thst
    I think her main villian was Sun Girl back in her Titan days. But YJ defined her more as a character so you'd lean into that more.

This take feels a better fit for comic Conner.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-03-2023 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Them being a couple shouldn't prevent them from having solo adventures as well.
    Be realistic now if they made a Bat and Super character a thing whose going to ultimately benefit the most from that arrangement get the more attention, Midnighter and Apollo are another "queer power couple" yet whose the one with all the solo's and guest appearances and whose just the other's underdeveloped boyfriend?

The simple truth is there's no benefit to Conner character being attached to Tim as he'd just be swallowed up by the Batman inflation that plagues all of DC, 2023 upcoming magic crossover is being set-up in Batman v Robin for Pete's sake, so let him go to space where he hopefully carve out a new niche for himself and truly shine as he certainly doesn't work in the more grounded detective based stories of Tim's world and vice versa.

It's all a moot point anyway even if Conner had been the Superboy they outed the Bat Office would still have likely said no to Timkon because metas clash with the more "realistic" Batworld part of the DC Universe and certainly aren't viable in any long-term capacity like as a major love-interest, it's why Dick and Starfire will never be an official thing again and considering how much TimxBernard been marketed and appeared in several adaptions in under a year it's clear DC playing for keeps with those two.
    Last edited by walk; 01-03-2023 at 12:24 PM.

The only "bait" moments with them have been by activists writers ,no one else.it is established he is straight as a arrow.i understand shippers are gonna like who they want together,but it should never happen in comics,it wouldn't make sense for the character.he is straight in every incarnation he has no matter what it is,so I don't get this unhealthy belief thst he will one day wake up different.
    https://i.redd.it/793r9ndrway91.png

This "unhealthy" belief that Conner might not be straight was endorsed by the guy who created him and at that point who are you even trying to argue with?

While I doubt DC going to confirm Conner as queer while in the middle of the Jon Kent hype train comics go on for a long long time and writers have often gone back and made supplementary material like this interview canon.

If Conner's own creator has given his blessing to him being bi than it's likely one day someone will follow that through and you'd do yourself well to sort out whatever it is within yourself that perceives such a thing as "unhealthy".
    Last edited by walk; 01-03-2023 at 12:21 PM.

PKJ said that Conner will be teaching Kenan English by playing video games and watching old 80s action movies with him. The two of them will be totally screwing with each other the way best friends do. Their bond is something he really wants to develop going forward. I can’t wait! Time to move on from YJ, between Kenan, the Superfamily in general, and the new team that Porter is putting together Conner looks like he’s finally going to be developing more.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    PKJ said that Conner will be teaching Kenan English by playing video games and watching old 80s action movies with him. The two of them will be totally screwing with each other the way best friends do. Their bond is something he really wants to develop going forward. I can’t wait! Time to move on from YJ, between Kenan, the Superfamily in general, and the new team that Porter is putting together Conner looks like he’s finally going to be developing more.
    It's nice to see him getting used more in his home franchise (which is more than most of the Wonder Girls get) even if he'll always be tied to his best pals .

Sounds like Conner’s going to be feeling a need to prove himself to the rest of the Superfamily over in Action.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's nice to see him getting used more in his home franchise (which is more than most of the Wonder Girls get) even if he'll always be tied to his best pals .
    If you asked the average casual they would probably think Conner is Dick’s Super counterpart at this point between Young Justice and Titans.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I prefer Supernova.

I think her main villian was Sun Girl back in her Titan days. But YJ defined her more as a character so you'd lean into that more.

This take feels a better fit for comic Conner.

Scion
    Kon-el
    Red son

Oh I forgot all about this ms martian,yeah this would be a good one,BUT I personally want to see Conner in his early 20s myself,so she would have to be thst age too,no tana to old,and no to young stuff either.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Be realistic now if they made a Bat and Super character a thing whose going to ultimately benefit the most from that arrangement get the more attention, Midnighter and Apollo are another "queer power couple" yet whose the one with all the solo's and guest appearances and whose just the other's underdeveloped boyfriend?

The simple truth is there's no benefit to Conner character being attached to Tim as he'd just be swallowed up by the Batman inflation that plagues all of DC, 2023 upcoming magic crossover is being set-up in Batman v Robin for Pete's sake, so let him go to space where he hopefully carve out a new niche for himself and truly shine as he certainly doesn't work in the more grounded detective based stories of Tim's world and vice versa.

It's all a moot point anyway even if Conner had been the Superboy they outed the Bat Office would still have likely said no to Timkon because metas clash with the more "realistic" Batworld part of the DC Universe and certainly aren't viable in any long-term capacity like as a major love-interest, it's why Dick and Starfire will never be an official thing again and considering how much TimxBernard been marketed and appeared in several adaptions in under a year it's clear DC playing for keeps with those two.

Another post for the like button.i want focus on Conner,I want him built back up as a character

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    https://i.redd.it/793r9ndrway91.png

This "unhealthy" belief that Conner might not be straight was endorsed by the guy who created him and at that point who are you even trying to argue with?

While I doubt DC going to confirm Conner as queer while in the middle of the Jon Kent hype train comics go on for a long long time and writers have often gone back and made supplementary material like this interview canon.

If Conner's own creator has given his blessing to him being bi than it's likely one day someone will follow that through and you'd do yourself well to sort out whatever it is within yourself that perceives such a thing as "unhealthy".

Karl kesel reasoning was becauee he was a horn dog and would get around with anybody.many didn't appreciate it,because it perpetuates thst being gay or bi is all about sex and not about feelings and real relationships.

Kon is straight,he has alwsys been straight,in everything,it's plain as the sky is blue and grass is green,but some still don't believe it,imo it's cool to like and want what you want,but it's not gonna happen,unless we get another activist writer writing his character,and they feel the agenda is more important than staying true to the character.

Yep,I want him to spread his wings,he used to do it all the time in his OG 90s series,for awhile now.hehas been Shoehorned into a box he can't get out of and definitely can't grow inside.hopefully things change this year.

Still want kon to show his lex intelligence,kryptonian speed learning,or use his TTK to learn kenan kongs language.for all the talk I do of him being aged up to his appropriate age,I still want him to keep that young fun attitude he is also known for,and this looks like he will.but PKJ he can be fun and still be older,doesn't need to be written as young teen,and drawn like a small kid

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Well yes he should alwsys be a part of their lives,but it's comics,he should be out doing his own thing,that was the great thing about living in Hawaii.

Sounds like Conner’s going to be feeling a need to prove himself to the rest of the Superfamily over in Action.

If you asked the average casual they would probably think Conner is Dick’s Super counterpart at this point between Young Justice and Titans.

Feeling like he has to prove himself can lead him into dangerous situations,and can make him tap in to his lex side.

I have no idea why he feels.thst way though,cause they don't show him weaker than the others,not recently ,they all seem to be around the same power levels imo.if this leads to TTK and epigenetic memory than go for it.

Conner has always been able to blend in with any group well,and to those not reading comics he is in Dick's generation for sure,heck even now in the comics he is in the same Gen because of the Titans united series.i want more of him not less,so I don't really care where he shows up,so keep him.in character,and respect him and it'll be fine with me

Scion
    Kon-el
    Red son

Oh I forgot all about this ms martian,yeah this would be a good one,BUT I personally want to see Conner in his early 20s myself,so she would have to be thst age too,no tana to old,and no to young stuff either.
    Connor isn't that old yet so I don't think Mgann is gonna have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Connor isn't that old yet so I don't think Mgann is gonna have a problem.

But is she old in the comics now?