Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Someone on Twitter suggested Courtney Cox would have made a good Lois Lane in the 90s.

Thoughts?
    Meh. Her performance in the Masters of the Universe movie left something to be desired.

But in all seriousness I was never a big fan of hers so for me I wouldn’t have seen it working.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Someone on Twitter suggested Courtney Cox would have made a good Lois Lane in the 90s.

Thoughts?
    I can kind of see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Reminds me of that plan for a Lois show with her and Lex, X-Files style.
    What's funny is that this has been a sort of a trend now: in the past three decades, a Lois Lane lead show pitch is dropped in favor of the Superman/Clark lead/co-lead show.

Lois & Clark: TNAOS was originally meant to be Lois Lane's Daily Planet. Gough & Millar first proposed a Lois Lane's college years before pitching Smallville (they also proposed a Metropolis series starring Green Arrow and Lois during the show's run). And then there's the DCU's Metropolis x Superman & Lois situation that, although unrelated to each other, sure followed the trend.

It seems that, even though there's always interest for Lois Lane lead shows, the Superman part of it is too tempting to pass over.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    What's funny is that this has been a sort of a trend now: in the past three decades, a Lois Lane lead show pitch is dropped in favor of the Superman/Clark lead/co-lead show.

Lois & Clark: TNAOS was originally meant to be Lois Lane's Daily Planet. Gough & Millar first proposed a Lois Lane's college years before pitching Smallville (they also proposed a Metropolis series starring Green Arrow and Lois during the show's run). And then there's the DCU's Metropolis x Superman & Lois situation that, although unrelated to each other, sure followed the trend.

It seems that, even though there's always interest for Lois Lane lead shows, the Superman part of it is too tempting to pass over.
    I thought Smallville's original premise was a teenage Bruce Wayne show. This is the first time I've heard of these first two pitches.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Thoughts?
    Totally. She's basically playing the more vain, horror version of her in Scream films

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post

I feel like Lois is a little like June Carter Cash in that regard. Meaning, they're both incredibly famous in their own right yet also happen to have an incredibly famous partner. Anecdotally, they did actually make a movie about June Carter herself (different than Walk the Line) but of course they had to include at least some Cash.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I thought Smallville's original premise was a teenage Bruce Wayne show. This is the first time I've heard of these first two pitches.
    It was. Then they moved to a Lois Lane show pitch, assuming Superman would be just as off-limits for TV as Batman was. Once they knew WB were willing to hear pitches for a Superman show, they dropped the LL one and started working on Smallville.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Thoughts?
    I don't really do Twitter, but I have posted the same thing somewhere on here at some point.
    On the subject of Lois on television sometime before Superman and Lois was announced I remember reading there was a proposed Lois and Lex prequel series. It sounded like they'd be investigating mysteries and encountering alien phenomena something in the same vein as Gotham.

Astonishing Member

Here is a review of one of those Lois Lane novels I talked about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXimcplO6Wo&t=40s

I don't think the reviewer liked a lot of aspects of the book, she felt Lois could come off as rather mean sometimes, that some of the new characters were underdeveloped, and felt that the romance with Clark ate too much time, but she felt that it did get Lois' sense of justice right and the villain plot is pretty bonkers, but kinda fun.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Here is a review of one of those Lois Lane novels I talked about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXimcplO6Wo&t=40s

I don't think the reviewer liked a lot of aspects of the book, she felt Lois could come off as rather mean sometimes, that some of the new characters were underdeveloped, and felt that the romance with Clark ate too much time, but she felt that it did get Lois' sense of justice right and the villain plot is pretty bonkers, but kinda fun.
    Somehow I knew this was going to be a Casually Comics review .

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Now I see the attraction
    please delete this post
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Very nice, I see the appeal of this new design now of which I was skeptical at best. Call me a convert.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

RIP to a living legend.