Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

New interview about Waller vs. Wildstorm with some preview art

ZACK: It seems like the reliability of different narrators and their perspectives is going to be central to this series throughout, is that the case?

SPENCER: Yes, absolutely central to the series. To give a quick coda to what Evan said and to your last question: allowing us to have a journalist work their way through the series in itself introduces reliability questions, about the source, about even when a journalist is as thorough as Lois is, perhaps they’re still not operating with the full story. We’ll be returning to this again and again throughout the series.

One of the things about WildStorm’s history of these themes of untrustworthy governments, untrustworthy corporations, untrustworthy security figures, is that they haven’t quite had an encounter with a Lois Lane figure. Putting someone like Lois particularly at an early stage of her career — before we know her as the Lois we know from Superman and the rest of the DCU — it gives a unique opportunity for a flashback year one story to show how this character and several others hone themselves through this early crucible.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This sounds amazing!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Are they going for an Asian Lois here?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Are they going for an Asian Lois here?
    Uh I don’t think so?

She looks white to me. I suppose it’s possible.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

leftist5.jpgleftist6.jpg

Lois Lane, traitor

RCO005.jpgRCO011.jpg

Lois in Checkmate (1989)

I enjoyed Waller vs Wildstorm #1! Pretty gritty and messed up story that finally does something with Wildstorm being integrated into the DCU. Lois is a newbie and this seems to be her first big story:

Seeing Lois be way in over her head in intriguing, we don’t usually see her this vulnerable. There’s a lot of plot threads that will need to be juggled correctly - Lois coming into her own, Waller cementing her power, Battalion falling from grace, the emergence and weaponization of metas - but it’s a promising start.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I enjoyed Waller vs Wildstorm #1! Pretty gritty and messed up story that finally does something with Wildstorm being integrated into the DCU. Lois is a newbie and this seems to be her first big story:

Seeing Lois be way in over her head in intriguing, we don’t usually see her this vulnerable. There’s a lot of plot threads that will need to be juggled correctly - Lois coming into her own, Waller cementing her power, Battalion falling from grace, the emergence and weaponization of metas - but it’s a promising start.
    It's definitely an interesting take on the story.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So I read WVW. Not sure I'll keep reading. I'm not super familiar with the Wildstorm characters. The solicits made it sound like a Deathstroke/Waller/Lois centric story. And it still might be. But not being super familiar with half the characters makes it hard to care about it.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So I read WVW. Not sure I'll keep reading. I'm not super familiar with the Wildstorm characters. The solicits made it sound like a Deathstroke/Waller/Lois centric story. And it still might be. But not being super familiar with half the characters makes it hard to care about it.
    At some point DC/Lee needs to realize that if you want to get people to care about Wildstorm, you pretty much need to reintroduce them to a new generation. I know the Authority but I’ve never read Stormwatch except for the Change or Die arc. Even the new Wildcats series seems to be written with the assumption that everyone knows who these guys are and their basic deal is… but I don’t!

I’d say that if it’s just Lois you’re interested in, then I don’t think WvW will keep you. She’s involved but not a central protagonist. I suspect her story will mostly be piecing together what it is that all of the major players are doing and why.