Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Do you mean these?

Attachment 131562

If you search for Jorge Jimenez Supergirl design there are lots of hits, including in some of his tweets. Sometimes he calls them "discarded designs" but most of them were used at least once.

But maybe you're thinking of something else.
    I really like the last two.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really like how they brought back the blue dress, especially since the run it was in was really solid.
    I also thought the blue skirt was great. It may have been a mistake when it got colored red in her own book after Supergirl recovered from being Infected. The colorist might have been using the wrong reference. But it stayed blue in most cameos in other books at the time.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Oh those are good thanks. Though I'm thinking of another set of designs, I think from the 2000s that featured with her a midriff showing shirt and pants with both blue and red versions.

I believe it was posted on either this or the last Kara thread.
    I found something in the back of the Superman/Batman: Supergirl TPB - Michael Turner's character sketches. This has to be what you mean!

Supergirl - Michael Turner Designs.jpg

There's some funny ones there. Like the one with the polka dots, and the purple one. They went with the blue skirt from the top row.

When the actual series debuted, Ian Churchill turned that miniskirt into some kind of very small and frilly piece of blue cloth that was just plain bad. I guess Turner was blamed for that design, but it was Churchill who ruined it. Later artists on that run returned it to a more realistic skirt.
    Last edited by ohfellow; 05-07-2023 at 07:34 AM.

I found something in the back of the Superman/Batman: Supergirl TPB - Michael Turner's character sketches. This has to be what you mean!

There's some funny ones there. Like the one with the polka dots, and the purple one. They went with the blue skirt from the top row.

When the actual series debuted, Ian Churchill turned that miniskirt into some kind of very small and frilly piece of blue cloth that was just plain bad. I guess Turner was blamed for that design, but it was Churchill who ruined it. Later artists on that run returned it to a more realistic skirt.
    Well... Turner's skirt is pretty short too...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well... Turner's skirt is pretty short too...
    Yes. It's just a little longer, but every inch matters, and it fits more closely rather than kind of waving around as thinner fabric.

It's always surprised me that people don't seem to notice that Turner's design didn't just come out of the blue, but was essentially a color-switched homage to the suit worn by Linda Danvers, which in turn was a copy of the one worn by Kara In-Ze from the animated series. And the Danvers skirt was possibly the shortest of all. But form-fitting, and dark shadows were always inked when needed, which was almost constantly.

Linda Danvers.jpg

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Much thanks, many thanks homes.

I was having a discussion with some friends over the Sasha Calle Supergirl suit and I wanted to bring up more possible variations of Supergirl's design with pants

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Super cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Much thanks, many thanks homes.

I was having a discussion with some friends over the Sasha Calle Supergirl suit and I wanted to bring up more possible variations of Supergirl's design with pants
    Arrowverse? That version of Supergirl had pants in the last two seasons.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Arrowverse? That version of Supergirl had pants in the last two seasons.
    One without blue pants.

The discussion started over the Sasha Calle suit having too much blue so we started talking about designs with better color balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I like this look! Especially with the yellow on the cape, gauntlets, and skirt!

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Tom Bancroft Sketch.

SupergirlBancroft.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Tom Bancroft Sketch.

SupergirlBancroft.jpg
    Cute and perky Kara .

Kara will be teaming up with J’onn in the Doomsday Special: