Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Cool to see Kara in Kryptonian wear:

Does she LIVE at the fortress? She doesn't really have a secret identity now, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Kara has no time for any nonsense.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Anyone remember the Kara who co-starred in that Superman: Aliens mini-series? It seemed like she was being groomed to be Supergirl, but she was never seen outside of that series. That was probably because Peter David took over Matrix Supergirl and revamped her -- and then DC finally decided to just bring back Kara Zor-El. But the Kara in Aliens was an offshoot of Kryptonians -- and thus would have had classic Super powers if she ever found her way to Earth.

A quick Google search shows that CBR recently did an article discussing this series -- and how Dan Jurgens wanted to make her Supergirl, but Mike Carlin (ugh) said no because of Matrix Supergirl. I would guess Aliens Kara is outside of canon, and with classic Kara back -- doesn't really have relevance, but I did like that Kara -- and that origin would have been preferable to the kinda (eww) Loeb/Turner origin.

https://www.cbr.com/superman-aliens-...new-supergirl/
    Keep in mind, DC didn't own the rights to the Aliens franchise at the time so they couldn't just "take" a character whose first appearance was in a crossover with another company. It would be kind of awkward referencing her first appearance when you can't really show how they met going forward. Especially now that Marvel owns the Aliens license. Even if Dark Horse would have been fine with it, it would have created problems down the line.
    Assassinate Putin!

Streaky is canon again!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Does she LIVE at the fortress? She doesn't really have a secret identity now, right?
    The PG Special shows that she has her own Metropolis apartment.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Streaky is canon again!

The PG Special shows that she has her own Metropolis apartment.
    And now Karen has her. Not a pairing I'd expect, but I guess Streaky will appear more in her solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And now Karen has her. Not a pairing I'd expect, but I guess Streaky will appear more in her solo.
    I thought it was a nice payoff to Kara talking in her diary about how she viewed PG as someone who isn’t a “lesser” version of her:

I thought it's really weird that suddenly PG adopts Kara's cat and Kara is completely fine with it.
    Especially since PG already had her own cat, Stinky.

Williams keeps changing unnecessary stuff instead of using the elements PG already had.

I thought it was a nice payoff to Kara talking in her diary about how she viewed PG as someone who isn’t a “lesser” version of her:

It's nice to get the Streaky seal of approval!

RCO084_1663852092.jpg

Future State Kara

Astonishing Member

More Streaky is always a good thing. And, it looks like he does have powers as he should.

Incredible Member

Cool to see Kara in Kryptonian wear:

She was brought to the Fortress to recuperate, and throughout this issue Kelex is administering yellow light to her. You can see the lamps over her head throughout the Fortress scenes. So this is like a Kryptonian healing gown maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yes, Paige has adopted her (you'll have to get used to the fact she's not called Karen any more). Cue the Captain Marvel comparisons, considering that PG and Carol both have superpowered cats. I wonder if Chewie is the reason Streaky hasn't been used for a while.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yes, Paige has adopted her (you'll have to get used to the fact she's not called Karen any more). Cue the Captain Marvel comparisons, considering that PG and Carol both have superpowered cats. I wonder if Chewie is the reason Streaky hasn't been used for a while.
    Probably never .

Since the Birds of Prey announcement came as a bit of a surprise, I’m hoping we get a Supergirl book announcement