Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Didn't realize Kara was battling Chemo here 'till I read the issue. Cool!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I loved that aspect of Supergirl when I was a kid. And I think that's something they should lean into.

She even wore a Supergirl gown for a night out on the town in her Adventure Comics run. While I'm not a fan of the jacket (maybe if it was all red), I do like the tights as it reminds me of one of my favorites from Adventure Comics 413. If I had to pick one outfit that is my favorite -- it's the very mod one she wore just after the blue skirt -- the one with red hip boots and the chain belt.

Having her go up against Doomsday is okay, I guess. I feel Doomsday is kinda overrated as a villain.
    It's a weird thing. But modern times focuses on identifiability Thus you need characters to have a unique look that doesn't change.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

I'd love to see Doc on a WF: Supergirl.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    It's a weird thing. But modern times focuses on identifiability Thus you need characters to have a unique look that doesn't change.
    Yeah, the Wasp was also known for often changing costumes, but she's stuck to two main looks in the 21st century (one that lasted for all of the 2000s up to 2016, then a new one introduced in ANAD era Uncanny Avengers, which is still current now with minor modificiations). The new Wasp has also only had one costume, having been introduced in 2016.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The Overgirl costume should get a makeover to be a Supergirl outfit. It's much better one to do if she has to wear pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    The Overgirl costume should get a makeover to be a Supergirl outfit. It's much better one to do if she has to wear pants.
    They may be Nazi's, but they also got style.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Ha. Identifiable is correct. A look that doesn't change -- nope. Supergirl (and Wasp) changing outfits in the Bronze Age was unique to them, but these days some characters change their looks fairly frequently.

Cool to see Kara in Kryptonian wear:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Cool to see Kara in Kryptonian wear:

She looks like Post-Crisis Allura.

Astonishing Member

Anyone remember the Kara who co-starred in that Superman: Aliens mini-series? It seemed like she was being groomed to be Supergirl, but she was never seen outside of that series. That was probably because Peter David took over Matrix Supergirl and revamped her -- and then DC finally decided to just bring back Kara Zor-El. But the Kara in Aliens was an offshoot of Kryptonians -- and thus would have had classic Super powers if she ever found her way to Earth.

A quick Google search shows that CBR recently did an article discussing this series -- and how Dan Jurgens wanted to make her Supergirl, but Mike Carlin (ugh) said no because of Matrix Supergirl. I would guess Aliens Kara is outside of canon, and with classic Kara back -- doesn't really have relevance, but I did like that Kara -- and that origin would have been preferable to the kinda (eww) Loeb/Turner origin.

https://www.cbr.com/superman-aliens-...new-supergirl/

Anyone remember the Kara who co-starred in that Superman: Aliens mini-series? It seemed like she was being groomed to be Supergirl, but she was never seen outside of that series. That was probably because Peter David took over Matrix Supergirl and revamped her -- and then DC finally decided to just bring back Kara Zor-El. But the Kara in Aliens was an offshoot of Kryptonians -- and thus would have had classic Super powers if she ever found her way to Earth.

A quick Google search shows that CBR recently did an article discussing this series -- and how Dan Jurgens wanted to make her Supergirl, but Mike Carlin (ugh) said no because of Matrix Supergirl. I would guess Aliens Kara is outside of canon, and with classic Kara back -- doesn't really have relevance, but I did like that Kara -- and that origin would have been preferable to the kinda (eww) Loeb/Turner origin.

You learn something new everyday!

Thanks for the link! I never knew about this Kara.
    Considering how hellbent they were on Kal being the last Kryptonian at the time, this Kara’s backstory is actually a pretty good one.
    But I’m glad we got PAD’s Supergirl, it’s one of my favorite series.

Heh, weird stuff. why not Powergirl?

Also, in some ways this is a lot like DCAU Supergirl. not from Krypton, but from a related planet...
    Last edited by marhawkman; 05-24-2023 at 06:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

Yes, it is very similar to DCAU Supergirl who I think debuted after Superman: Aliens, but not 100% sure.

I liked PAD's Supergirl run, but her evolving origin was a mess -- and I wasn't into his Earth Angel concept.