Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Posting this here since Kara is clearly having the most fun (even to the chagrin of Hawkgirl)...
    Attachment 128154
    Is that Lucas Werneck? I really want DC to steal him from Marvel, but even if they did, he wouldn't be on the book I would want him on so oh well. lol.

Posting this here since Kara is clearly having the most fun (even to the chagrin of Hawkgirl)...
    Attachment 128154
    I love this !

I'd replace Harley and Ivy with Batgirl and...I dunno, Star Sapphire? Batwoman? Someone who deserves to be grouped with heroes?

Extraordinary Member

Who would you consider Kara’s arch enemy?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Who would you consider Kara’s arch enemy?
    Depends on the run/story...sometimes it's Lena Luthor, sometimes it's Reactron, sometimes it's Reign, I think she had like a demonic nemesis during the PAD Matrix era.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Is that Lucas Werneck? I really want DC to steal him from Marvel, but even if they did, he wouldn't be on the book I would want him on so oh well. lol.
    Yep, Werneck!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Supergirl( or is she finally Superwoman now) is the last true hope of Krypton; matriarch of the House of El. I really hope they let her lean into the super science aspects of things. As far as human beings are concerned, she should be a literal tech wizard. We should be seeing Kryptonian culture through her and she should never be depicted as a so called relatable human teenager. She may be able to mimic one, but she's a child of Krypton and the last person who isn't a fascist or a war criminal that remembers the best of Krypton and what it should represent. The weight of her entire civilization's legacy is on her shoulders. While Superman might instill heroic virtues in her, Supergirl should help Superman have a true and deep appreciation for his Kryptonian heritage. She should be leading Kryptonian science ceremonies for the entire remnant of the House of El, including Lois and the Kents. She should initially be horrified at the Tarzan like primitive state her beloved baby cousin is in, but her scientific curiosity, innate nobility, and empathy should allow her to embrace the adventure of it all and rely on her cousin to help her integrate and make her way on this world.

This is a character in the Superman family that has never reached her true potential because too often the writers aren't looking at the emotional logic of her story. She, more than any other character, should be our entry point into Krypton.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

from Action Comics #252 (May 1959)
    That hasn't aged well. Total dick move putting her in an orphanage. Though this was in the 1950s, and I guess it would've looked odd for a single 20something man like Clark Kent to be living with a teenage girl? He was of course too young to be her father, probably not allowed to adopt because he was a single man (meaning faked paperwork wasn't an option, it'd be too suspicious - Bruce Wayne only got away with it with Dick because he's rich, and even then Dick was only a ward at the time, not officially Bruce's son), and I assume it was known that neither Martha nor Jonathan have siblings, meaning Clark has no aunts or uncles and couldn't just tell the truth and say Kara was his cousin. Nowadays, he would've been able to get away with it, as there's no longer prejudice against single people adopting.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-10-2023 at 06:31 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Thought she and Power Girl got written fine in LP: Alpha

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Federici I love you. The tone of this reminded me of classic Dragon Ball for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Yeah, it's just good Kara's getting her long hair back because she and Karen look way too similar now.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

This cover by InHyuk Lee for Monkey Prince has Kara on it

Pretty understandable reaction, especially from a newbie superhero meeting Kara for the first time

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Federici I love you. The tone of this reminded me of classic Dragon Ball for some reason.
    Between Federici and Evely, we've been treated to some absolutely outstanding Kara art recently.

Really liked the action of Kara (and Karen) in this issue.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member

Between Federici and Evely, we've been treated to some absolutely outstanding Kara art recently.

Really liked the action of Kara (and Karen) in this issue.
    True! And don't forget Dan Mora.