Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

To be honest I think it would be a weird way to introduce a new Supergirl in my opinion, although knowing Calle's Kara has Flashpoint Supes elements I can kind of see where they would go with it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Only question now is are they keeping Calle? Seems like they will be if they’re keeping Miller.
    THEY'RE KEEPING MILLER?!

Anyway, back on topic, WoT was a genuine curveball, but I think they should keep Calle. WoT is about Kara's entrance into adulthood so to speak, you don't need to go younger.

What a nice surprise! In Gunn, I trust

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Only question now is are they keeping Calle? Seems like they will be if they’re keeping Miller.
    No idea. I think it's a new universe with new actors? They are not going to reveal anytime soon. Not before The Flash is out, I guess.

I wonder if they do go with Calle or another actress of colour will they keep Kara and Clark familial relationship.

I'm curious to see how a Woman of Tomorrow movie will plays out as I assume it'll be fairly loose adaption centered on Supergirl having a space adventure, will Kara be introduced as already long established and settled on Earth and then heads on an intergalactic quest or will the movie open with her on Argo city floating through space before it's destroyed and it's about her escape and travel to Earth.

They definitely will keep Supergirl and Superman being cousins regardless of whether they keep Calle or not.

https://abovetheline.com/2023/01/31/...d-swamp-thing/
    For example, Gunn and Safran mentioned an architectural group for the DCU, i.e. the writers who are putting together the building blocks of that universe. He said he has been working very closely with Tom King, and that others involved include Christal Henry, Christina Hodson, Jeremy Slater, and yes, Drew Goddard.
    Gunn loves King so no surprise that he’s keeping King close. If you liked WoT this bodes well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Interesting that Argo City seems to be canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Poor Babs .
    This picture is even funnier seeing how their respective movie prospects turned out.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

If the new movie’s gonna be WoT, I hope they come up with some otherworldly set pieces inspired by Bilquis. The scenery in that book was outstandingly impressive. Anything less would be sub par.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

This sounds fishy, lol:

The question is, will it be the Supergirl fans are about to meet in “The Flash”? In February 2021, “The Young and the Restless” star Sasha Calle was announced to be playing the Kryptonian in the film, making her the first Latina to ever play the hero. At this point though, it’s unclear if she’ll be the one donning the cape in “Woman of Tomorrow.”

According to Gunn and Safran, they don’t know for sure yet, as they’re still “pretty far away from ‘Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow,’ other than knowing that Tom King’s books are the basis of the story.”

https://www.thewrap.com/supergirl-li...e-in-works-dc/

They can’t come out and say anything that would hurt The Flash’s box office but it’s going to be really funny if they immediately drop everyone in that once it’s out.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

They can’t come out and say anything that would hurt The Flash’s box office but it’s going to be really funny if they immediately drop everyone in that once it’s out.
    Yeah, that's what I expect too, lol. Affleck and Keaton are unofficially done. Sasha is playing Cavill Superman's cousin, and he is officially done (not anymore getting cameos & solo or being on hold till Crisis whatever). There is no real reason to keep Sasha as Supergirl.

WoT would feel like a weird way to introduce Supergirl since I feel like it relies at least a little on you being used to/familiar with her prior to that adventure.

I made a thing:

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I made a thing:
    Unfortunately they’re going with Krypto instead of Streaky, which is true to the source material admittedly. I’m crushed too