Page 24 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Shall we talk about Marilyn Moonlight, the newest potential member of the Superman Rogues Gallery?

For those that have read Superman (volume 6) #2, what are your first impressions?

Mine: very intrigued! Two hopes for her:

1) she remains a genuine antagonist and not go the Harley Quinn route of unwarranted redemption.

2) she doesn't become perceived as one writer's pet character and then shelved once this creative team's run is over.
    Seems to me there’s potential staying power just based on the character design alone. Haven’t read the issue yet (should be waiting for me when I get home, woo!) but the look is damn awesome.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Anyone remember Wraith from Superman: Unchained?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Shall we talk about Marilyn Moonlight, the newest potential member of the Superman Rogues Gallery?

For those that have read Superman (volume 6) #2, what are your first impressions?

1) she remains a genuine antagonist and not go the Harley Quinn route of unwarranted redemption.

2) she doesn't become perceived as one writer's pet character and then shelved once this creative team's run is over.
    She has a cool design.

I’m not sure she’s meant to be a “villain”. We all have had one interaction with her thus far, but she seems to have been created as something reminiscent of Johns’ revamp of Black Adam, a “hero” of a past era who hasn’t changed with the times and thus comes across as villainous in some regards. Does seem guaranteed that she and Supes will fight at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Anyone remember Wraith from Superman: Unchained?

Oh yes, that guy is the most 2010s character to exist. An “evil Superman” who fights the good Superman as a means of exploring good Superman’s approach to heroics, while also asking Superman the question if he’s not doing enough. One of my greatest disappointments is we had Jim Lee on two Superman projects that were aiming to be prestige and neither project had him drawing Superman’s classic Rogues. What a waste, I wanted to see Jim Lee draw Metallo, Livewire, Parasite, etc but that’s unlikely to ever happen now.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m not sure she’s meant to be a “villain”. We all have had one interaction with her thus far, but she seems to have been created as something reminiscent of Johns’ revamp of Black Adam, a “hero” of a past era who hasn’t changed with the times and thus comes across as villainous in some regards. Does seem guaranteed that she and Supes will fight at some point.

Oh yes, that guy is the most 2010s character to exist. An “evil Superman” who fights the good Superman as a means of exploring good Superman’s approach to heroics, while also asking Superman the question if he’s not doing enough. One of my greatest disappointments is we had Jim Lee on two Superman projects that were aiming to be prestige and neither project had him drawing Superman’s classic Rogues. What a waste, I wanted to see Jim Lee draw Metallo, Livewire, Parasite, etc but that’s unlikely to ever happen now.
    It seems like other writers had a dislike for the classic Superman villians in these runs. Fortunatelly, seems like Williamson is correcting that mistake. Hope he keeps the bar high.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

What was the other book Lee penciled?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    What was the other book Lee penciled?
    Jim Lee has pencilled two SUperman stories: "Superman: For Tomorrow" and "Superman Unchained"
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Sandoval’s Metallo is so damn creepy. Finally found the perfect Metallo for me
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Sandoval’s Metallo is so damn creepy. Finally found the perfect Metallo for me
    We must considering than these are still are halfway stages.

From the Dave Wielgosz/Riley Rossomo Legion of Bloom anthology:

Guess this is his final work at DC for now since he left editorial to purse writing. If he succeeds as a writer I would like to see him do more Superman later on. His various one off issues of Superman in that digital Man of Tomorrow series and anthologies has been pretty consistently entertaining.
    Just got around to reading this story from Legion of Bloom, really enjoyed it! I don't necessarily always love Rossmo but I did like the art in this one. Loved his Parasite, Mxy, and Bizarro, they seem perfectly suited to his style.

Story was enjoyable too. Gotta admit, the sick kids really got to me. And of course Clark's fave girl scout cookie is the coconut one, lol. Kara sure didn't approve.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam

Screen Shot 2023-03-23 at 4.17.58 PM.jpg

Manchester Black. He turned out to be alright in the end.

I love how involved Livewire has been even though it isn’t technically “her” arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Just got around to reading this story from Legion of Bloom, really enjoyed it! I don't necessarily always love Rossmo but I did like the art in this one. Loved his Parasite, Mxy, and Bizarro, they seem perfectly suited to his style.

Story was enjoyable too. Gotta admit, the sick kids really got to me. And of course Clark's fave girl scout cookie is the coconut one, lol. Kara sure didn't approve.
    Only time I ever had one of the coconut ones it made me puke so I’m with Kara lol

I love how involved Livewire has been even though it isn’t technically “her” arc.

Only time I ever had one of the coconut ones it made me puke so I’m with Kara lol
    The imagery of the hundreds/thousands of Parasites everywhere is just so damn cool. With the fantastic artwork, you can almost hear/feel them lurking.

As for the cookies, I've always been partial to the coconut myself, but it's most def a less popular choice, ha.

Love seeing Super Rogues get used .