Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    From the Dave Wielgosz/Riley Rossomo Legion of Bloom anthology:

Guess this is his final work at DC for now since he left editorial to purse writing. If he succeeds as a writer I would like to see him do more Superman later on. His various one off issues of Superman in that digital Man of Tomorrow series and anthologies has been pretty consistently entertaining.
    You mean Riley Rossmo? Sad, I liked his style. It have its own personality.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    You mean Riley Rossmo? Sad, I liked his style. It have its own personality.
    No I was referring to Wielgosz, he was an editor but has since left to try and make it as a writer.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

No I was referring to Wielgosz, he was an editor but has since left to try and make it as a writer.

Ah, I didn't knew about him. I had it was unusual for a penciller like Rossmo to leave for writing, but not impossible.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Rossmo would be better suited to a superman type character story
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Rossmo would be better suited to a superman type character story
    I don’t know if he would ever be embraced on a mainline tentpole franchise, but I loved his work on Martian Manhunter.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Now there was a casting nobody ever thought about.
    Oh it crossed my mind. I love Danny Trejo, and always thought he'd be great for Lobo; he's exactly the right level of B-movie. Plus dude's an actual biker, he *is* what Lobo is supposed to be. Or was, before getting his life straight anyway.

If you just want some big dude in a leather jacket to say rude things, cast whoever you want. But if you want a legitimate character who feels like a hard-riding rider? Danny is the only guy you *can* cast.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I don’t know if he would ever be embraced on a mainline tentpole franchise, but I loved his work on Martian Manhunter.

Yeah not a main title,but a mini of some kind for sure
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

That's a cute Lex and Joker comic .
    Stunning Livewire !

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's a cute Lex and Joker comic .
    Indeed. Hopefully, more will come...

Shall we talk about Marilyn Moonlight, the newest potential member of the Superman Rogues Gallery?

For those that have read Superman (volume 6) #2, what are your first impressions?

Mine: very intrigued! Two hopes for her:

1) she remains a genuine antagonist and not go the Harley Quinn route of unwarranted redemption.

2) she doesn't become perceived as one writer's pet character and then shelved once this creative team's run is over.

I like her design and vibe .

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Shall we talk about Marilyn Moonlight, the newest potential member of the Superman Rogues Gallery?

For those that have read Superman (volume 6) #2, what are your first impressions?

Mine: very intrigued! Two hopes for her:

1) she remains a genuine antagonist and not go the Harley Quinn route of unwarranted redemption.

2) she doesn't become perceived as one writer's pet character and then shelved once this creative team's run is over.
    Idk about that. she doesn't seem like a true antagonist to me, more like an anti-hero.

Superman 002 (2023) (Webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)-017.jpgSuperman 002 (2023) (Webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)-018.jpg