Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Reasons why it’s Zod:

1. Hitch has said it will cover everything from Krypton to the LoSH. We already saw Krypton’s death in Birthright, why go back there? Because we didn’t see Waid’s version of Zod, that justifies a trip back to Krypton to see his origin and relationship with Jor-El. And the Legion? Well you’ll recall the infamous Byrne story which involved a Zod killing Pocket Zone Superboy, who has a connection to the Post Crisis Legion, with Superman retaliating by executing Zod and his comrades. Which leads into reason 2.
    Sorry Vordan, but you are wrong. That was not how everything happened.

Pocket U. Superboy, created as replacement for the Legion history post crisis was killed by the Time Trapper and mourned by the Legionnaires in an story than crossed with the Superman titles. That would lead later to the Conspiracy story in the Legion title and an apoteosic fight against the Trapper, an story really epic.

(As curiosity, it was in this crossover when it was stablished for the first tiem, as I remember, than the kryptonite of a universe can't affect the Superman from another universe, which is strange if you think about it).

What happened with Superman and Zod of the Pocket universe was seen in the SUperman titles and it was related to the origin of Matrix Supergirl: Zod and his acolytes were freed from the Phantom Zone by the Luthor of the pocket universe, a Luthor who never lost his hair and never turned evil because of that. Zod and his acolytes then proceded to try to conquer that earth but the resistance was to big. Then Zod and his helpers caused a planetary cathastrophe, killing almost all life on the planet (yes, Zod was that petty). Pocket Luthor then send Matrix Supergirl to where Superman was to recruit his help. Superman helped the last survivors to defeat the kryptonians but at the cost of the lives of all the people left. They had killed six, seven billion people, including all other lifeforms from earth. That was the cause of the execution. Not retaliaton for the death of Superboy.

So, that first justification must be reconsidered. Or at least, re-redacted.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I miss classic Maxima.
    Yes, me too. With a little luck, either PKJ or Williamson will bring her back.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Sorry Vordan, but you are wrong. That was not how everything happened.

Pocket U. Superboy, created as replacement for the Legion history post crisis was killed by the Time Trapper and mourned by the Legionnaires in an story than crossed with the Superman titles. That would lead later to the Conspiracy story in the Legion title and an apoteosic fight against the Trapper, an story really epic.

(As curiosity, it was in this crossover when it was stablished for the first tiem, as I remember, than the kryptonite of a universe can't affect the Superman from another universe, which is strange if you think about it).

What happened with Superman and Zod of the Pocket universe was seen in the SUperman titles and it was related to the origin of Matrix Supergirl: Zod and his acolytes were freed from the Phantom Zone by the Luthor of the pocket universe, a Luthor who never lost his hair and never turned evil because of that. Zod and his acolytes then proceded to try to conquer that earth but the resistance was to big. Then Zod and his helpers caused a planetary cathastrophe, killing almost all life on the planet (yes, Zod was that petty). Pocket Luthor then send Matrix Supergirl to where Superman was to recruit his help. Superman helped the last survivors to defeat the kryptonians but at the cost of the lives of all the people left. They had killed six, seven billion people, including all other lifeforms from earth. That was the cause of the execution. Not retaliaton for the death of Superboy.

So, that first justification must be reconsidered. Or at least, re-redacted.
    My head hurts just from reading all that lol. I’ll take your word for it, I keep meaning to reread the Byrne run at some point since it’s been so long, but I keep putting it off because work and school eat up too much time for me to read a run I know I don’t have much fondness for.

Let’s take another stab at it then. Waid is known to be open to incorporating takes from adaptions such as the DCAU. Recently there was a high profile animated Zod storyline in Young Justice, and wouldn’t you know it, the Legion was involved in that too!

Perhaps Waid is drawing on that for inspiration.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

The timing is good for a comeback. She could have been watching things unfold on Warworld...
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Didn't someone who looked a lot like her try to take the "Maxima" title from the new one? Granted, she lost, but still feels like a set-up.

Thought: Lenny Luthor from Superman IV should be brought back as a Logan Paul-esque cryptoscammer.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Didn't someone who looked a lot like her try to take the "Maxima" title from the new one? Granted, she lost, but still feels like a set-up.
    Everything than Steve Orlando wrote related to Maxima should be considering as not canon.

Thought: Lenny Luthor from Superman IV should be brought back as a Logan Paul-esque cryptoscammer.
    Lenny? Bring in Nasthalthia Luthor! What the hell, why not bring in the whole Luthor family? If Superman can have his Superfamily, then gave Lex his own twisted clan.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 01-08-2023 at 03:57 PM.

Wow, Superman busting out some sick rhymes.

Or maybe he’s been hanging out with Etrigan.

I remember this episode .

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Wow, Superman busting out some sick rhymes.

Or maybe he’s been hanging out with Etrigan.
    I know, right?! Still love their team-up from...

DC Comics Presents #66
    (OMG! Check out the Awesome Artwork of Joe Kubert )

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post

Orlando tried to have both coexist but made the New 52 one be the “real” one and the Post Crisis one the “fake” one. I agree with Thor that they should simply sweep what Orlando did under the rug but given he and PKJ are close I don’t know how he’s approach it.

Orlando tried to have both coexist but made the New 52 one be the “real” one and the Post Crisis one the “fake” one. I agree with Thor that they should simply sweep what Orlando did under the rug but given he and PKJ are close I don’t know how he’s approach it.
    I think in that case, Kaminski, the editor, would have the last word.

Anyway, Grant Morrison also used Maxima for the Green Lantern, even if briefly. She used a different look and it was never clear which version of Maxima was that:

7466951-00_max_1.jpg

In fact, it seemed like a mix of pre and post Flashpoint. So, maybe there could something be done.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 01-09-2023 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember this episode .
    One of those super-villain team-ups where the villains will NOT work together afterwards. Leslie'd probably rather electrocute Parasite after that debacle.

Also, funny because it's a parasite story where he learns that his powers can give him weaknesses he didn't know existed.

Oh and it definitively states that Livewire has superhuman reflexes. 'cause Parasite's plan A was actually to steal Livewire's powers then use them to steal Superman's powers. But that didn't happen.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Now that Perkins has been on AC, I'd love to see more of his Parasite.

Ritesh-1-1-666x1024.jpg

(from his Swamp Thing run with Ram V)
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog