Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Inspired by PKJ saying he would like to do something with these three: Terra-Man, Maxima, and Toyman.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Inspired by PKJ saying he would like to do something with these three: Terra-Man, Maxima, and Toyman.

Maybe he already is working in something.

Could be the culture of Almerac the result of their battles against Warworld? That vcould explain their desire to create the greatest fighters.

The only versionn of the Jack Niball Toyman I tolerated was Ross' Justice, as a giant puppet. I dislike that version, Visually I always thougth of him as a bad copy of the Joker.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 01-10-2023 at 03:05 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

This wouldn't be too out of place in The Batman cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Maybe he already is working in something.
    I’m very excited to find out who comes after Metallo in his run.
    Could be the culture of Almerac the result of their battles against Warworld? That vcould explain their desire to create the greatest fighters.

Tying her and Almerac to Warworld, and her first meeting with Clark involving Mongul, is my own approach for fleshing her out. It’s been done before too with Post Crisis Brainiac using Warworld to destroy Almerac. Connecting her and her Empire to Mongul makes sense to me and is an easy way to build connective tissue. I predict that PKJ will establish that Almerac, like Warworld, is actually one of the planets born from an Aspect of Olgrun.
    The only versionn of the Jack Niball Toyman I tolerated was Ross' Justice, as a giant puppet. I dislike that version, Visually I always thougth of him as a bad copy of the Joker.
    Jack Nimball is such a better name that Schlott, I wish they would just take the name and leave the rest.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

I like the idea of Almerac being located at some strategically important part of the Galaxy, and home to a sort of standing army of warriors all far stronger and more powerful than the Galactic average because they represent an old, ancient coalition that now still stands against periodic attacks from multiple Galactic baddies, maybe with a sort of unofficial support from the Guardians.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

How about TAS Toyman? He scared the crap out of me as a kid. He was like G-rated Chucky.

I'm of the opinion that all the Toymen should be present as robots, with each believing themselves to be the original.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    How about TAS Toyman? He scared the crap out of me as a kid. He was like G-rated Chucky.

I love his design, although Jigsaw was the one he reminded me of.

Tying her and Almerac to Warworld, and her first meeting with Clark involving Mongul, is my own approach for fleshing her out. It’s been done before too with Post Crisis Brainiac using Warworld to destroy Almerac. Connecting her and her Empire to Mongul makes sense to me and is an easy way to build connective tissue. I predict that PKJ will establish that Almerac, like Warworld, is actually one of the planets born from an Aspect of Olgrun.
    Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I like the idea of Almerac being located at some strategically important part of the Galaxy, and home to a sort of standing army of warriors all far stronger and more powerful than the Galactic average because they represent an old, ancient coalition that now still stands against periodic attacks from multiple Galactic baddies, maybe with a sort of unofficial support from the Guardians.
    I just remember than in her first apparition, the origin of Maxima was related to the events of Warworld: it was the triumph of Superman over Mongul in the Exile saga what attracted the attention of Maxima over Superman. The connection is already there. So there is a little rework, to make that connection deeper. ANd I wonder how would PKJ present the culture of Almerac to make it different from Warworld. But make it an aspect of Olgrunto be there is a good idea.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

She is perfect for Conner not Clark,why you ask? Lol

She is a red head (knockout )
    She has psychic powers (ms martian)
    She is a queen of a alien ppl (Blackfire)
    She is all about mixing DNA to create a new powerful version(kons hybrid state )
    She is older lol( tana,knockout ,Blackfire)
    Is thst enough ?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I just remember than in her first apparition, the origin of Maxima was related to the events of Warworld: it was the triumph of Superman over Mongul in the Exile saga what attracted the attention of Maxima over Superman. The connection is already there. So there is a little rework, to make that connection deeper. ANd I wonder how would PKJ present the culture of Almerac to make it different from Warworld. But make it an aspect of Olgrunto be there is a good idea.
    Yeah that was my thought as well. She could have been watching things unfold on Warworld like in Exile... the timing is right for a comeback.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I also thought STAS had the best version of Mr. Mxyzptlk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    She is perfect for Conner not Clark,why you ask? Lol

She is a red head (knockout )
    She has psychic powers (ms martian)
    She is a queen of a alien ppl (Blackfire)
    She is all about mixing DNA to create a new powerful version(kons hybrid state )
    She is older lol( tana,knockout ,Blackfire)
    Is thst enough ?
    Conner is a child to ALmerac standards.