Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    That theory isn't very new! (Or good. And debunked by Phillip Kennedy Johnson.)

Debunked means can't tell you until it happens
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Debunked means can't tell you until it happens
    If that's what you get from Phillip Kennedy Johnson calling it "bi(sexual) erasure" in vehement disapproval, then sure! All words mean something different if we want them to!

If that's what you get from Phillip Kennedy Johnson calling it "bi(sexual) erasure" in vehement disapproval, then sure!

Yeah like dreading him is somehow erasure lol,it would be more ground breaking to have a kid actually being seen to have a crush on someone of the same sex at that age then just another teenage or adult thing,thst has been done plenty already
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Yeah like dreading him is somehow erasure lol,it would be more ground breaking to have a kid actually being seen to have a crush on someone of the same sex at that age then just another teenage or adult thing,thst has been done plenty already
    That's something you have to take up with Phillip Kennedy Johnson, I'm just telling you what he said.

That's something you have to take up with Phillip Kennedy Johnson, I'm just telling you what he said.

I know,I'm just putting my opinion on it.

I know,I'm just putting my opinion on it.
    Oh, gotcha. I see.

If that's what you get from Phillip Kennedy Johnson calling it "bi(sexual) erasure" in vehement disapproval, then sure! All words mean something different if we want them to!
    PKJ was the one who used bisexual erasure incorrectly. Having a canonically bi character be a kid again when they come out later in life is not bisexual erasure as the bi character is not erased and is still bi, as PKJ seems to think it means.

Definitionally, bisexual erasure is the "lack of acknowledgement and ignoring clear evidence that bisexuals exist," which is something DC is actually guilty of by not even putting the word bisexual or bi in a comic Jon has appeared in. It undermines Jon as bi representation by not allowing him to actually represent that community so it can instead be claimed in bad faith that he's gay or straight depending on who he's kissing, when he's neither of those.

It's people like PKJ who use progressive words and language giving no thought to what any of it actually means that do more harm than good and stifle genuine conversation around these issues by obfuscating what these terms mean and shifting the conversation away from the people it's supposedly helping.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    PKJ was the one who used bisexual erasure incorrectly. Having a canonically bi character be a kid again when they come out later in life is not bisexual erasure as the bi character is not erased and is still bi, as PKJ seems to think it means.

Definitionally, bisexual erasure is the "lack of acknowledgement and ignoring clear evidence that bisexuals exist," which is something DC is actually guilty of by not even putting the word bisexual or bi in a comic Jon has appeared in. It undermines Jon as bi representation by not allowing him to actually represent that community so it can instead be claimed in bad faith that he's gay or straight depending on who he's kissing, when he's neither of those.

It's people like PKJ who use progressive words and language giving no thought to what any of it actually means that do more harm than good and stifle genuine conversation around these issues by obfuscating what these terms mean and shifting the conversation away from the people it's supposedly helping.
    I think he was just trying to convey "It's not happening so stop bothering me about it" as strongly as he could. That's pretty much what he said word for word.

I think he was just trying to convey "It's not happening so stop bothering me about it" as strongly as he could. That's pretty much what he said word for word.
    He also said he would never bring back Clark's secret identity. Writers go back on their word all the time. Never say never

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    He also said he would never bring back Clark's secret identity. Writers go back on their word all the time. Never say never
    Clark Kent's identity being restored is entirely different. That has nothing to do with sexuality and it doesn't devalue the character.

Besides, he stated it isn't even in his hands.

Never never never never.

I forgot who theorized Damian may forget Jon but after reading Batman today I don’t think Damian would be unable to remember if both Dick Grayson and Tim Drake can.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Clark Kent's identity being restored is entirely different. That has nothing to do with sexuality and it doesn't devalue the character.
    Much like how de-aging Jon doesn't change his sexuality. Whether or not it devalues his character is up for debate, but I think we both know where the other stands on that so it's not worth getting into XD

All things considered, the idea that he can't be bi as a kid is kinda messed up.

Lord knows, having a younger LGBT representative would have helped with the incorrect notion that still floats around about how being queer is something inherently adult or sexual. Something that I'm really hoping PKJ wouldn't subscribe to. But if he's out here incorrectly declaring bi-erasure (Good God, did he actually say that?) that's...kinda concerning.

As much as his stories as a kid used to focus more on the smaller things like his personal life and growth as a person, we probably would have gotten some really nice moments from him discovering himself. Much like everything else in his life that was cut short, there was potential for an entire journey there instead of it just...happening.
    Last edited by Blue22; 01-03-2023 at 09:50 AM.

I liked Glass's run on Titans more than Percy's. So I don't mind adapting it as an animated film and adding Jon to it. I don't mind the timeskip in concept but I'm not in a rush for it to happen. So I don't mind it being a more gradual thing outside of comics.

You could do the Harry Potter thing where Jon is a year older each time we see him.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I forgot who theorized Damian may forget Jon but after reading Batman today I don’t think Damian would be unable to remember if both Dick Grayson and Tim Drake can.

Omg now thst would show DC having some big balls right there.making Damian forget his best friend,and how that effects Jon and how he would fight to get it back would be huge imo
    Last edited by SuperX; 01-03-2023 at 06:08 PM.

Very foolish take from PKJ. Making Jon 13/14 young enough to team up with Damien and have kiddish adventures yet old enough to have a queer crush/relationship would be the perfect compromise that would appease all of the fanbase. It's really sad that DC editorial can't see that
    Last edited by dreyga2000; 01-03-2023 at 06:21 PM.