Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 677
  1. #1
    Mighty Member Superboy-Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Earth-33
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Jon Kent: Superman Appreciation 2023

    To the Superman of the 21st Century! A new year of comics that starts out with:

    His new solo series Adventures of Superman: Jon Kent begins in March.



    And Action Comics celebrates his time as a young kid Superboy in backups!



    And we can also look forward to his appearances in Superman & Lois Season 3. With a new actor taking on the role. But he still probably won't have powers!

    DC Forum Appreciation Thread Rules:

    1) No negative comments about the honoree(s) of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

    2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree(s) of this thread. No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

    3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.
    Last edited by Superboy-Prime; 01-02-2023 at 09:34 AM.

  2. #2
    Invincible Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    26,064

    Default

    Beat me to it! I was going to throw in “Secundus” into the title and I’m still hoping to see Jon take that moniker officially at some point.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  3. #3
    Mighty Member Superboy-Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Earth-33
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Beat me to it! I was going to throw in “Secundus” into the title and I’m still hoping to see Jon take that moniker officially at some point.
    I had to do it before someone added "Superboy" to the title MUAHAHAHAHA!

  4. #4
    Just Call Me Gar garazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I had to do it before someone added "Superboy" to the title MUAHAHAHAHA!
    Love you too, shweet heart.

    If they can change the title of the PKJ thread, they can change this one too.

  5. #5
    Mighty Member Superboy-Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Earth-33
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Love you too, shweet heart.

    If they can change the title of the PKJ thread, they can change this one too.
    Why would they? Wally West: The Flash Appreciation didn't get changed.

    And I don't love you. I love my girlfriend.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Mighty Member Superboy-Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Earth-33
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    That's some pretty good art!

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    4,625

    Default

    Oy already starting with some weird energy.

  9. #9
    Mighty Member Superboy-Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Earth-33
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Michael B. Jor- I mean, Val-Zod is gonna team up with Jon Kent in Adventures of Superman.


  10. #10
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    114,197

    Default

    Happy New Year to Jon and fans .

    May we disagree less in 2023 .

  11. #11
    Mighty Member CosmeticSkull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Posts
    1,433

    Default

    036_16.jpg

    Happy New Year

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Michael B. Jor- I mean, Val-Zod is gonna team up with Jon Kent in Adventures of Superman.

    man that didn't aged well

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Posts
    4,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    man that didn't aged well
    Is that Michael B. Jordan movie even still in a development?

  14. #14
    Invincible Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    26,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Is that Michael B. Jordan movie even still in a development?
    It was an HBO Max miniseries, not a movie iirc. It’s never been officially cancelled, but we’ve gone over a year without any updates. We’ve done the same with the Coates project which is said to still be in dev, but no update on whether that Val project is still in the works. As an HBO MAX series it’s more at risk given Zaslav no longer wants to compete in the spending wars for streaming, and I don’t see much logic in introducing a third new Superman alongside Gunn and Coates projects.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Posts
    4,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It was an HBO Max miniseries, not a movie iirc. It’s never been officially cancelled, but we’ve gone over a year without any updates. We’ve done the same with the Coates project which is said to still be in dev, but no update on whether that Val project is still in the works. As an HBO MAX series it’s more at risk given Zaslav no longer wants to compete in the spending wars for streaming, and I don’t see much logic in introducing a third new Superman alongside Gunn and Coates projects.
    Now see I did not know it wasn't a movie.

    I knew it was something but they never did make it clear whether it was some kind of show or movie.

    So bizarre how little we know of either projects even now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •