Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I don't expect Garfield to learn to appreciate jon more.well i do.But then Garfield being an ******* is what the franchise is built on.Why do you think lois matters so much for superman fandom?simple. the love triangle is what superman franchise is built around and focused on.
    ??? The love triangle hasn't been a thing for decades; even when the New 52 happened and they kept teasing it, it never happened.

And yes, it's VERY refreshing to get Kid!Jon again, even in back-up.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    ??? The love triangle hasn't been a thing for decades; even when the New 52 happened and they kept teasing it, it never happened.

And yes, it's VERY refreshing to get Kid!Jon again, even in back-up.
    It even happened in superman and lois which is supposed to kid status quo.smallville had it as well.i am just saying triangle is one of the major reason lois became so integral.The Superman married lois(a new billing).why?cause superman's and glasses guy's major dynamic was with lois.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It even happened in superman and lois which is supposed to kid status quo.smallville had it as well.i am just saying triangle is one of the major reason lois became so integral.The Superman married lois(a new billing).why?cause superman's and glasses guy's major dynamic was with lois.
    Okay, but we're talking comics here. No one's complaining that Jon's not a kid in Superman & Lois.

Okay, but we're talking comics here. No one's complaining that Jon's not a kid in Superman & Lois.
    Especially considering S&L actually gave their Jon his own actual personality.

And had to go and read that action comics story. Hit it just right. Need more of it, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Especially considering S&L actually gave their Jon his own actual personality.

And had to go and read that action comics story. Hit it just right. Need more of it, period.
    Granted the show kind of treats him like an afterthought at times...

You could always do what DBZ did with Trunks. His original Cell Saga self was replaced with a new take. So having Jon stop himself from being held captive by Ultraman would work thematically.

You could replace Teen Jon with CW Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Granted the show kind of treats him like an afterthought at times...
    You're not wrong. But still, CW did a better job with a teen Jon than main DC comics has. That's, wow.

Once again, I genuinely don't get what DC is thinking with this. This just creates resentment from fans still upset at Jon's age-up by rubbing in how unfair it was and how he's getting replaced.

Once again, I genuinely don't get what DC is thinking with this. This just creates resentment from fans still upset at Jon's age-up by rubbing in how unfair it was and how he's getting replaced.
    It does seem rather counterproductive...

I am talking about comics as well.The marriage is just another status quo or billing.It wasn't a character development.It might have been,during the triangle era.But that did not happen.did it?Superman got married when his tv counter part got married.

They are trying to give jon some dumb pathos.. that's it.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-24-2023 at 09:56 PM.

I'm really enjoying the back-up story with Real Jon in it. It was a breathe of fresh air

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    I'm really enjoying the back-up story with Real Jon in it. It was a breathe of fresh air
    Yep. And then there's, well, the backhanded blow with these twins that just so happen to be around real Jon's age, and Clark and Lois get white-washed to be "the greatest parents evah!"

I stand by what I wrote before; Clark and Lois should have a legal order from the freakin' Guardians of Oa themselves to stay away from young kids considering what their "parenting" resulted in with Jon.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yep. And then there's, well, the backhanded blow with these twins that just so happen to be around real Jon's age, and Clark and Lois get white-washed to be "the greatest parents evah!"

I stand by what I wrote before; Clark and Lois should have a legal order from the freakin' Guardians of Oa themselves to stay away from young kids considering what their "parenting" resulted in with Jon.
    They are superhero parents (well Superman is)

Most if not all super parents are technically guilty of child endangerment, Clark and Lois aren't anymore bad than most super-parents

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Most if not all super parents are technically guilty of child endangerment, Clark and Lois aren't anymore bad than most super-parents
    Child endangerment can forgiven in superhero case.wanton neglect cannot be forgiven.This is that.

since jon was in danger with or without the cape.Everyone was after him from day one.it was atleast understandable why jon needed to be superhero or get his powers under control.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-25-2023 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Even Batman tries to not send his youngest into the care of known terrorists (blood relations or not). And he's one of the worst ones. Going back to Dick, and up to Damian. Yeah, he's flawed as hell. But the last anyone had seen of Jor-El, he had been responsible for numerous acts of terrorism throughout the world. Before suddenly getting vanished (for lack of a better term). Then all of a sudden, he has a ship and wants to take Jon all over the universe. No questions as to how the hell he has a ship and decided on this, but only a short reluctance on Clark's part (and barely any on Lois') before Jon goes into space with Jor-El. And let's not forget Lois deciding to not only abandon her duties as a mother, but to not even tell Clark she was back on Earth and left their barely 11 year old son with Jor-El (whom does NOT have the best credentials at this, or any, point). Not even gonna touch on how Bendis wrote that whole arc, as that's a different discussion in of itself.

Other superhero parents try to keep an eye on their kids, particularly when they're young, at the very least. Lois and Clark, as soon as Bendis took over, did the opposite of that. Prior to Bendis, they made sure either they knew where he was, or that Jon was at least with someone they trusted. Jor-El has done literally nothing to be trusted. Jon isn't even out of elementary/primary school when Lois abandons him. Batman, Bruce freakin' Wayne, infamous for getting his wards/adopted kids in danger, earned plenty of criticism, gets the freakin' high road in this discussion.