Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 LastLast

I check back into the thread and the ongoing topic is people still thinking Jon Kent will be deaged. Never change, guys. Never change.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

suggesting everything except letting Jon grow out his hair

Jon takes a year studying abroad or something, anything outside metropolis
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    That aint gonna happen.
    Take off 4 years & you lose nothing except the stale relationship with Jay

I just feel Jon needs to move away from the Superman identity but as long as he’s stuck with Taylor that’s not gonna happen, I find him to be a much better character among other writer Pacat did great with her lil 1 shot, Action actually does something with his trauma that Taylor ignores he just needs a new writer! Taylor’s version is trash.

Spectacular Member

Mags Visaggio presented a really great pitch about Conner Kent being revealed to be a transwoman and subsequently transitioning. Maybe this is an avenue they could pursue with Jon instead? No sense in throwing out the baby with the bathwater and it would simultaneously renew interest in the character while cementing Jon's status as a queer icon in the DC universe.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    Mags Visaggio presented a really great pitch about Conner Kent being revealed to be a transwoman and subsequently transitioning. Maybe this is an avenue they could pursue with Jon instead? No sense in throwing out the baby with the bathwater and it would simultaneously renew interest in the character while cementing Jon's status as a queer icon in the DC universe.
    Well if we do that, first we would need a good writer.

Like I can't imagine Taylor handling it in an interesting or compelling way.

Spectacular Member

If DC wants to use a trans character they should use Dreamer, she already exists. If they focused on the trans characters that they currently have, then people would know about them and, if the writings good, like them.

Also I can’t imagine any writer writing such a thing well. Especially not Mr “writes an action character that never fights” Taylor.
    Last edited by GhostCryptid13; 10-16-2023 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    If DC wants to use a trans character they should use Dreamer, she already exists. If they focused on the trans characters that they currently have, then people would know about them and, if the writings good, like them.

Also I can’t imagine any writer writing such a thing well. Especially not Mr “writes an action character that never fights” Taylor.
    This hits the nail on the head about the recent "diversity" thing... why are you ignoring existing characters?

I'm confused what is this referencing? Tom has written with Dreamer and Jon before.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I'm confused what is this referencing? Tom has written with Dreamer and Jon before.
    I was replying to Monari but I must I’ve not hit reply with quote.

Edit: they were saying that DC should make Jon trans. I disagreed saying that if DC wants to use a trans character, just use Dreamer.

I was replying to Monari but I must I’ve not hit reply with quote.

Edit: they were saying that DC should make Jon trans. I disagreed saying that if DC wants to use a trans character, just use Dreamer.
    Oh I didn't see that. Yeah that is a interesting comment because while I don't have any problem making a super character a transwoman what is the implication that it will "cement" them as a queer icon? Does Jon just being a bisexual cis man make him less queer?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Oh I didn't see that. Yeah that is a interesting comment because while I don't have any problem making a super character a transwoman what is the implication that it will "cement" them as a queer icon? Does Jon just being a bisexual cis man make him less queer?
    No less Queer but as of now the only thing that makes him iconic is him hugging a fascist & getting blasted for it 2 weeks straight on all social media platforms.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

They could make jon a flying elephant he would still be boring as long as taylor writes him
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I love how dead the interest is in Jon Kent I gotta revive this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Guess who got their Super Sons Omnibus Super Duper Edition today?

This guy!

(now I just have to lug this thing to C2E2 and get it signed like I did the first omnibus)
    But my ass is still here, so who's the real fan (with a brand new omnibus to boot) now?
    Last edited by garazza; 11-03-2023 at 09:20 PM.

Spectacular Member

I gotta get that omnibus even though it makes me kinda sad.