Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I'm not even sure Jon will keep some series after that, to be honest. I'm not even sure about his future. Focus is once again back on Clark (and his sales really improved), there's no need to push ''the new Superman'', because the next Superman movie is going to be about young Clark, and unlike Damian, Jon doesn't have the ultimate bonus for his momentum by appearing in movies.
    Yeah...I'm thinking the "big push" for Teen Jon came to an end after his second cancelled series in under 5 years. They put everything they could into building up SOKE as being the main Superman title with Teen Jon as it's lead...and it still ended up being overshadowed by his dad in Action. And now Clark's back as the main Superman with a new book...and Teen Jon's been demoted to extra in what is essentially a team book.
    Last edited by Knightsilver; 02-11-2023 at 02:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I'm not even sure Jon will keep some series after that, to be honest. I'm not even sure about his future. Focus is once again back on Clark (and his sales really improved), there's no need to push ''the new Superman'', because the next Superman movie is going to be about young Clark, and unlike Damian, Jon doesn't have the ultimate bonus for his momentum by appearing in movies.
    With logic like that DC should just kill of Nubia huh

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It’s different Teen Jon is base breaking character that a large part of the fan base hates because he was aged up too soon

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    It’s different Teen Jon is base breaking character that a large part of the fan base hates because he was aged up too soon
    So the solution is to go around that tan base and introduce Jon to the general public, which I’m sure Gunn will do if he gets to a second act

So the solution is to go around that tan base and introduce Jon to the general public, which I’m sure Gunn will do if he gets to a second act

The general public would absolutely love the young kid Jon
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I don't really care at this point. Apathetic...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

If Jon is introduced in the DCU, its gonna be as a Kid Jon.

No way they give Superman a teenage son right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    And he would be a good way to attract young kids into the franchise. Provided he's not really changed much character-wise.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Kids don’t stay kids that’s one film of him as a child and young adult jon

BANNED

Without Hippolyta as queen, Nubia is wearing Philippus's crown as far as I'm concerned.

Incredible Member

I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet, but C.S. Pacat is once again writing Jon in the Nightwing #104 back-up (with art by Eduardo Pansica):

Nightwing and Jon Kent find an important clue as to who’s behind the circus murders, and that person may be connected to Dick Grayson…
    Looks like it is solidly a Nightwing-centric story, though.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    Yeah...I'm thinking the "big push" for Teen Jon came to an end after his second cancelled series in under 5 years. They put everything they could into building up SOKE as being the main Superman title with Teen Jon as it's lead...and it still ended up being overshadowed by his dad in Action. And now Clark's back as the main Superman with a new book...and Teen Jon's been demoted to extra in what is essentially a team book.
    Did they really? Tom Taylor spent most of the book having Jon not doing much, if anything at all. The only major thing from SSOKE is Jon coming out as bi-sexual. DC knew aged up Jon was largely disliked, but they were already too invested into 5G by this point and can't cut loses like they could in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Did they really? Tom Taylor spent most of the book having Jon not doing much, if anything at all. The only major thing from SSOKE is Jon coming out as bi-sexual. DC knew aged up Jon was largely disliked, but they were already too invested into 5G by this point and can't cut loses like they could in the past.
    Yeah,the book was definitely an insomnia cure. But they advertised it like crazy,and were trying to push Teen Jon as the next big thing. The problem for them though...is that there really isn't much that can be done with Teen Jon that isn't just copying what the older characters have already done. He can't be the "young cool super" because Kon and Kenan already have that covered. He can't be the more alien super...because that works better for Kara. They tried claiming that he was more human than Clark...which was insulting to Clark...so what's really left? They even missed the chance to make him a cool post-apocalyptic future version of Jon...so he honestly has nothing.

Kids don’t stay kids that’s one film of him as a child and young adult jon
    They'd probably do the Harry Potter thing where Jon gets older in each appearance but not much older. So he's 10 in one film, 11 in the next etc.

He will get older but it has the potential of being a better transition than the comics.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-22-2023 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    They'd probably do the Harry Potter thing where Jon gets older in each appearance but not much older. So he's 10 in one film, 11 in the next etc.

He will get older but it has the potential of being a better transition than the comics.
    Not a high bar, in all honesty. I mean, a CW show did it better, let that sink in.