Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    Yes, but Lois was more courageous for doing it without superpowers. It's easy to be brave when you're bulletproof.
    That would be true if clark needed superpowers to jump in..Time and again he jumped in without knowing what could hurt or kill him.He had limits like bursting shells that could pierce his skin.He wasn't invincible.And as said,lois had nothing to lose.For clark, it's just not about him..There were things more important.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I'd say testing Jon's resolve in situations that are particularly hard - how to do you deal with evil versions of the people you know and love ? How do you reconcile what you know is the heart of the person around you with what's happening in front of you ? And how do you offer a better tomorrow for them ?
    Yeah that’s kind of what I figured, Jon literally having to prove that he is the best at what his parents raised him to be when facing the absolute worst version of his father. One whose pain he understands but whose actions he can’t condone.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah that’s kind of what I figured, Jon literally having to prove that he is the best at what his parents raised him to be when facing the absolute worst version of his father. One whose pain he understands but whose actions he can’t condone.
    Okay but the problem is Iniustice Universe does not change unless he’s gonna retcon both the comics he wrote & the game this story seems pointless AF they got Jon sticking around litterally to achieve nothing.

I'd say testing Jon's resolve in situations that are particularly hard - how to do you deal with evil versions of the people you know and love ? How do you reconcile what you know is the heart of the person around you with what's happening in front of you ? And how do you offer a better tomorrow for them ?
    A bit of a flop considering we already know how the Injustice universe turns out he litterally changes nothing.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    A bit of a flop considering we already know how the Injustice universe turns out he litterally changes nothing.
    The only worth this story has is if he's an alternate version of Injustice so he can have some tangible effect on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    The only worth this story has is if he's an alternate version of Injustice so he can have some tangible effect on it.
    It likely won’t Taylor just wants clout & to prop up his own **** he doesn’t care about Jon Pascat did more for him in 1 issue & the dude in Action is writing him better in spades.

Jay Nakamura got a new job as Steelworks' press officer. Jon showed up in Steelworks #2 as well with the rest of the Super family but he and Jay didn't directly interact.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Jon’s new issue was pretty good. The thing about the mainline of injustice is with so many characters we lost track of many. Barbra just stops appearing at some point with no follow up on where she is or what she is doing.
    Anyway It I expected this to creat a situation where Jon was gonna fight his father. This is where his blue charge is gonna become important. It’s the only non kyrptonite way I see him being able to overcome his father. Hopefully that brings us to a IJ1 type ending before Jon goes home. Future artwork covers show Jon in perma blue suit, perhaps that transformation happens here.

Jon definitely gonna want to free Bruce and Harley first. This also might set up an additional confrontation between Jon Bruceand Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I feel like Jon needs a big L.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Jon needs a big L.
    Taylor's entire run with the character is just one big L

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'm profoundly tired of that universe, in the animal kingdom of Superman it's a mosquito. BUT, I like how it's working out for this one story. I never read Taylor's run and if it was like this, the I am quite interested despite the cold reception.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I never read any of the Injustice books...I'm just typically not a fan of Superman gone wrong type stories. When this mini was announced I was hopeful until it became about the Injustice universe. The only good thing I can see coming out of it is a change of personality for Jon...a less gooey eyed SJW and a stronger character, not something I can see Taylor doing with him (despite thoroughly enjoying his other work...his Jon Kent stuff has fallen flat with me.)

Extraordinary Member

Last issue came in at 48. I don’t know if the run will finish top 50. Last issue was well received as a penultimate and set the stage I hope it rises some,

Has there already been anything announced for more of Jon's Superman in the future ?

Has there already been anything announced for more of Jon's Superman in the future ?
    No there more info on powergirl then Jon Superman