Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I think his recent series was a complete waste of time 18 issues of nothing in my opinion. That doesn’t mean I dislike Jon yes do I think he’s bland AF on occasion sure but I appreciate the potential (especially now that a greater LI is on the rise) therefore I appreciate him, Jon is a controversial character it just is what it is people are gonna talk about it that shouldn’t be silenced just cause it may be unpleasant to the ears of some, guess what so was the age up, you can’t do something like that & just expect everyone to be okay with it especially since what we’ve gotten from it hasn’t been all that grand IMO. But again that’s just my opinion people need to stop being so sensitive.
    They can do all that without being passive aggressive to the people in this thread who say they do like him. I don't understand why every time someone says they like teen Jon a debate has to start over it like they were saying a fact and not just a personal opinion. Same with vice versa.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

I think his recent series was a complete waste of time 18 issues of nothing in my opinion. That doesn’t mean I dislike Jon yes do I think he’s bland AF on occasion sure but I appreciate the potential (especially now that a greater LI is on the rise) therefore I appreciate him, Jon is a controversial character it just is what it is people are gonna talk about it that shouldn’t be silenced just cause it may be unpleasant to the ears of some, guess what so was the age up, you can’t do something like that & just expect everyone to be okay with it especially since what we’ve gotten from it hasn’t been all that grand IMO. But again that’s just my opinion people need to stop being so sensitive.
    I'm not saying you have to like the current direction of the character. I'm not saying you should be silenced. I'm saying that an appreciation thread that's 90% bashing the character because you want the old one back isn't "appreciation." The entire point of appreciation threads when they were first conceived were for fans of the character to avoid people constantly throwing hate on them. Considering how the age up divided part of the fanbase, and how stories of both versions are still coming out, it would probably be best to create appreciation threads for both versions of him.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Jon as the Superman who isn’t tied at the hip to an iconic LI was one of the reasons I was interested in him taking up the mantle. I dislike both Tomasi attempting to make Kathy his OTL and I dislike how “perfect” Taylor is trying to make his first boyfriend. Clark’s romantic life was a complete mess for the entire Silver Age, I’d like to see Jon’s love life likewise being messy. Writers should be giving him LIs with the idea that none of them are meant to be permanent (yet) but are going to let Jon explore different sides of himself through romance.
    My feelings are exactly the same on this. Even if he did have an OTP, it would never live up to Clark and Lois because they had so much time spent building them up. Let him have multiple lol.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    They can do all that without being passive aggressive to the people in this thread who say they do like him. I don't understand why every time someone says they like teen Jon a debate has to start over it like they were saying a fact and not just a personal opinion. Same with vice versa.
    Well I agree no one should be rude & while I do question what their was to like about Jon written by Taylor who just completely wasted MY time IMO it doesn’t need to be a debate at this point he’s on his way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I'm not saying you have to like the current direction of the character. I'm not saying you should be silenced. I'm saying that an appreciation thread that's 90% bashing the character because you want the old one back isn't "appreciation." The entire point of appreciation threads when they were first conceived were for fans of the character to avoid people constantly throwing hate on them. Considering how the age up divided part of the fanbase, and how stories of both versions are still coming out, it would probably be best to create appreciation threads for both versions of him.
    That just seems so tedious especially when it’s the same character if their were 2 versions actually running around (which I would love) sure but as he is now it’s just 1 Jon who’s seemingly about to finally find some personality why bother a spark is about to turn into a flame!

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    My feelings are exactly the same on this. Even if he did have an OTP, it would never live up to Clark and Lois because they had so much time spent building them up. Let him have multiple lol.
    So you agree with me that he should cheat! Woohoo! I’m so here for it!

That just seems so tedious especially when it’s the same character if their were 2 versions actually running around (which I would love) sure but as he is now it’s just 1 Jon who’s seemingly about to finally find some personality why bother a spark is about to turn into a flame!
    When did Taylor say he was leaving the book?

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I legit remember him saying he’s ready to let other people play with Jon like last month after his lil mini is done it’s somewhere in the 2022 thread, I could actually see Pascat taking over since she wrote this issue introducing Ash

For an appreciation thread, there seems to be a lot of people crapping on the character. Maybe someone should start separate appreciation threads for the kid and teen versions of the character so that fans don't feel ostracized in an appreciation thread.
    I do appreciate Jon. I don't appreciate him being erased for a character whose peak moments hasn't even been in the Super books, let alone by the people writing the "aged up version". Of which, the only thing in common they have, is the name. Teen Jon came in a blank slate, and other than being made bisexual, has remained so. Whereas Kid Jon fans are stuck with him being only in stories set in the past. And those stories come far apart from one another at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I do appreciate Jon. I don't appreciate him being erased for a character whose peak moments hasn't even been in the Super books, let alone by the people writing the "aged up version". Of which, the only thing in common they have, is the name. Teen Jon came in a blank slate, and other than being made bisexual, has remained so. Whereas Kid Jon fans are stuck with him being only in stories set in the past. And those stories come far apart from one another at that.
    Thank you for proving my point why there needs to be two separate threads.

Seems like censorship to me

Silence all criticism.

People should be able to voice different opinions

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Seems like censorship to me

Silence all criticism.
    If it was censorship or silencing I would be saying you can't say it at all. So, no, this is nothing like that.

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    People should be able to voice different opinions
    Seems you (and others) don't quite understand the point of appreciation threads.

Mighty Member

He didn't say that directly but that was was how some interpreted Taylor saying;
    AIPT: We’ve obviously still got Adventures of Superman to read. But beyond that, can we expect from Jon stories from you? Is he always going to be your “baby?”

TT:Look, he’s not my baby; he belongs to everybody....

...Jon’s had a huge impact on the global stage, and also in the DC universe. Even in what Josh [Williamson] has been doing with him in Dark Crisis. And the stuff with Damian and his mentorship with Nightwing — that’s going to continue as well. So, he has a very big role to play, and it will go on and it won’t always be me. And I understand that. But, yes, OK, he’s my baby. I’ve had to father him a little bit for you know —I’ve had the honor of doing that for a few years, but other people will take him out for adventures, too.
    So yes he could be leaving after the mini but nothing have been directly confirmed.

However, it does seems that Taylor may want Pacat to be the next writer for Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    So yes he could be leaving after the mini but nothing have been directly confirmed.

However, it does seems that Taylor may want Pacat to be the next writer for Jon.
    Cool. I hadn't seen that interview. I appreciate the clarification.

I haven't read Pacat's stuff yet (I picked up Assault on Krypton but haven't read it yet. The Jen Bartel cover was beautiful and didn't want to chance it selling out), so I'm holding judgment until I do. Hopefully she does Jon well. I knew Taylor wouldn't be on the book forever, but had hoped he'd stay on until Jon lost the electro-powers eventually and got back to normal.

I don't mind Teen Jon but he's a bit bland. So far CW Jon and Jordan feel like better takes on him. They both feel more specific and focused. Teen Jon had cool ideas but Bendis and Taylor didn't do much with it and Future State was a dud.

I don't mind him getting new powers but I rather he had to deal with the Soultaker or had to be Etrigan's new host. Him just being Electric blue for a few issues is a low bar but maybe the new arc would win me over.