Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Now see I did not know it wasn't a movie.

I knew it was something but they never did make it clear whether it was some kind of show or movie.

So bizarre how little we know of either projects even now.
    The change of hands when it comes to owners has had major repercussions. Originally WB under AT&T was going to spend big on HBO MAX, they reached out to MBJ because they wanted him to create something for their service, and the powers that be had lost all faith in Superman. That led to just chucking **** at the wall to see if something would stick, so Abrams gets to do a black Superman movie, MBJ does a black Superman HBO Max series, the CW gets a white married Superman, MAX gets another white Superman cartoon, a Latina Supergirl takes Superman’s spot in the Hamadaverse. Bringing it all back to Jon, who is after all the subject of this thread , this was also the same time where WB was supporting Didio’s 5G reboot which would replace Clark with Jon as the new “main” Superman. Would’ve been some synergy with that move because Bendis was presumably pitching his LoSH animated series which would have adapted his run and featured Jon as a lead if not the lead.

Then of course AT&T sold WB to Discovery and Zaslav had much different priorities. 5G gets killed around the time of the Discoervy buyout because nobody wants to invest money and support into a reboot before the new ownership takes over. The old HBO MAX leadership gets purged leaving a bunch of MAX projects - presumably including the Val show - up in air, Hamada gets the boot and he was the main supporter for Abrams/Coates, and Gunn takes over DC with his big project being a Superman reboot (which if nothing else tells me Zaslav doesn’t have much enthusiasm for either of the black Superman projects if he was telling Gunn to give him something new).

If DC hadn’t made Jon bi he probably would have been deaged by now, he, Jace, and Yara are phantom remnants of the 5G pitch. You’ll notice they quietly abandoned bringing Jess Quick over to the main Earth like FS advertised would happen. Clark is back to being the one true Superman with other contenders demoted to supporting him in Action (Conner, Kenan) or relegated to third string titles (Jon, Val).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Now why the hell would y'all let Prime get to the thread first? I take some time away from forums (and comics in general, tbh) and people start slipping xD

Happy New Year to Jon and this chaotic ass sect of CBR lol

Here's hoping we get more quality flashback content with the real Jon and that PKJ can do what no other writer has done and give the fake one a personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    May we disagree less in 2023 .
    You know good and damn well that ain't happening xD

And honestly...at this point, I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Last edited by Blue22; 01-02-2023 at 09:10 AM.

I see we're gaining traction, so I added the DC Appreciation Thread Rules! See: OP.

Excited to talk about all versions of Jon Kent with you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I see we're gaining traction, so I added the DC Appreciation Thread Rules! See: OP.

ok

https://kanatahiba.tumblr.com/post/7...568082432/rkgk

I'm more a casual fan but I'm hoping Son Of Kal-El season 2 is a fun time. Kid Jon was a fun side character while Teen Jon was a cool idea wasted by Bendis and Future State.

So far my favorite version is the Superman and Lois version. So I'm hoping his material in the comics gets used better over there. Similar to how Miles, Kamala and Cyborg work better outside comics to me.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm more a casual fan but I'm hoping Son Of Kal-El season 2 is a fun time. Kid Jon was a fun side character while Teen Jon was a cool idea wasted by Bendis and Future State.

So far my favorite version is the Superman and Lois version. So I'm hoping his material in the comics gets used better over there. Similar to how Miles, Kamala and Cyborg work better outside comics to me.
    The show is my favorite version too. Jon in the comics should act more like him!

The show is my favorite version too. Jon in the comics should act more like him!
    Lol. I'm hoping Jon and Jordan become a version Superman Red and Blue by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Now why the hell would y'all let Prime get to the thread first? I take some time away from forums (and comics in general, tbh) and people start slipping xD

Happy New Year to Jon and this chaotic ass sect of CBR lol

Here's hoping we get more quality flashback content with the real Jon and that PKJ can do what no other writer has done and give the fake one a personality.

You know good and damn well that ain't happening xD

And honestly...at this point, I wouldn't have it any other way.
    How many times does Lucy have to pull away the football before you learn, Charlie Brown? lol

"No, no, trust me you guys, this time Jon will FINALLY become a character!" "That's what you said about the last guy."

DC is going to keep telling more and more "flashback" stories that eventually we'll catch up to the present day and then just keep going.

Lol. I'm hoping Jon and Jordan become a version Superman Red and Blue by the end.
    Depending on how long the show goes they could just give Jon his electric Blue powers and let Emo Superb- I mean Jordan have the standard Kryptonian powerset.

Depending on how long the show goes they could just give Jon his electric Blue powers and let Emo Superb- I mean Jordan have the standard Kryptonian powerset.
    I prefer Red's phasing gimmick over just another Kryptonian powerset. Leave that for Kara and Clark.

Damn. That's half the fun gone. But fair lol

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    How many times does Lucy have to pull away the football before you learn, Charlie Brown? lol

"No, no, trust me you guys, this time Jon will FINALLY become a character!" "That's what you said about the last guy."
    I'm....somewhat optimistic. At the very least, this era is about to address the complaints about him being too much like Clark. And he's got a great new costume. I'm going into this a lot more hopeful than I was with SoKE. Even I still don't end up liking him, he'll at least be in a book that I'm pretty sure I'm going to like. PKJ's been a good sport about all this so I'm willing to give it a chance.

DC is going to keep telling more and more "flashback" stories that eventually we'll catch up to the present day and then just keep going.
    [shrug] That is certainly one way to get around the problem. Like all the other ways, it's not ideal but one that I'd accept.
    Last edited by Blue22; 01-02-2023 at 11:14 AM.

I prefer Red's phasing gimmick over just another Kryptonian powerset. Leave that for Kara and Clark.
    I like Jordan's powers being Clark's because it shows how similar they are despite the surface differences. Especially since Kara doesn't exist to our knowledge on the Superman and Lois Earth. But as long as it's good TV I'm welcome for anything.

And as long as Jon gets powers! Muahahaha!

I like Jordan's powers being Clark's because it shows how similar they are despite the surface differences. Especially since Kara doesn't exist to our knowledge on the Superman and Lois Earth. But as long as it's good TV I'm welcome for anything.

And as long as Jon gets powers! Muahahaha!
    Yeah.

I'm curious what the animated movies or Young Justice will do with his teen years. Kid Jon would work better in a team book- he was more of a supporting player to me. So putting him on a future iteration of the Team would be interesting.

I would've preferred Teen Jon with a YJ style timeskip. Jon getting older would be easier to swallow if it was the whole DCU as well. Plus it would've helped the other legacies as well- the rising tide raises all ships.

I'd be the only one but I would've preffered if Teen Jon had anxiety issues like Jordan. But maybe they'd pop up in Son Of Kal-El season 2? Seeing Ultraman again could be a trigger.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-02-2023 at 12:15 PM.

New dumb theory=
    Teen Jon is "a version" of the new 52 Jon lane Kent,which could be really called Jon Samuel kent.notice at the end of the new 52 series there were a billion different kons ported in when one Jon went nuts.one of those could be teen Jon.plis his change in power could easily be a halfway step from normal kryptonian powers to new 52 TTK powers,or just one of many powersets that the Jon's across the multiverse could possible have.

Kid Jon has been in suspended animation for a year comic time now,either back on earth 3,with grandpa jor ,or floating around in space waiting for someone to notice and revive him
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    New dumb theory=
    Teen Jon is "a version" of the new 52 Jon lane Kent,which could be really called Jon Samuel kent.notice at the end of the new 52 series there were a billion different kons ported in when one Jon went nuts.one of those could be teen Jon.plis his change in power could easily be a halfway step from normal kryptonian powers to new 52 TTK powers,or just one of many powersets that the Jon's across the multiverse could possible have.

Kid Jon has been in suspended animation for a year comic time now,either back on earth 3,with grandpa jor ,or floating around in space waiting for someone to notice and revive him
    That theory isn't very new! (Or good. And debunked by Phillip Kennedy Johnson.)