Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I been saying this for the longest Jay being a the way he is doesn’t help with Jon’s problem of being nothing more then a bi version of Clark.
    Like I get Jay has to have some involvement in activism because of the whole social activism thing Taylor is going for with his Superman, but I feel like you could just achieve similar effects by like having Jay work at a community center or something.

Jay didn't need to have the same job as Jon's parents to want to help people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Like I get Jay has to have some involvement in activism because of the whole social activism thing Taylor is going for with his Superman, but I feel like you could just achieve similar effects by like having Jay work at a community center or something.

Jay didn't need to have the same job as Jon's parents to want to help people.
    Just waiting on when Jay calls him "Smallville" or something.

Here's a plot twist; Jay set it up for Jon to get trapped on Earth 3 to come back aged up because, uh, plot reasons? I don't know yet. I'll think of something. Maybe to be the mascot of his group or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

Here's a plot twist; Jay set it up for Jon to get trapped on Earth 3 to come back aged up because, uh, plot reasons? I don't know yet. I'll think of something. Maybe to be the mascot of his group or something.
    For a gay guy to arrange for a child to be tortured for years with the end result of them having a relationship would be a really really awful plot twist.

Jon never lived in Smallville. Hamilton would make sense though, that's where the Kents lived in Tomasi's run.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    For a gay guy to arrange for a child to be tortured for years with the end result of them having a relationship would be a really really awful plot twist.
    Not for the relationship, but to have "the son of Superman" be their group's mascot. The personal relationship was unforseen.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jon never lived in Smallville. Hamilton would make sense though, that's where the Kents lived in Tomasi's run.
    There ya go. Couldn't remember the name.

Damn it. Why couldn’t we have had this dynamic in DC. Conor being a big brother figure to a Kid Jon would have been great

Gawd I loathe Bendis and Teen Jon

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Damn it. Why couldn’t we have had this dynamic in DC. Conor being a big brother figure to a Kid Jon would have been great

Gawd I loathe Bendis and Teen Jon
    I wanna see Jon and "Chris Kent" interact with each other more. Ooooh boy. Actually, "Chris" and Conner would be great too.

Not for the relationship, but to have "the son of Superman" be their group's mascot. The personal relationship was unforseen.

There ya go. Couldn't remember the name.
    Even if it the relationship was unforseen, it still wouild make Jay one of the worst characters in the DCU for arranging a child to be tortured for years. It's a terrible idea, and I'm not even a big Jay fan.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Even if it the relationship was unforseen, it still wouild make Jay one of the worst characters in the DCU for arranging a child to be tortured for years. It's a terrible idea, and I'm not even a big Jay fan.
    And it would look pretty bad to do that with DC's first openly gay Asian character.

Okay, yeah. Was just thinking about plot twists, not the ramifications being character specific.

Okay, yeah. Was just thinking about plot twists, not the ramifications being character specific.
    honestly, if a character's design is in such a place where this is a valid criticism of the story options for using the character.... I see that as a scathing condemnation of the character design.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Not the place but...people were is saying Connor should be placed or pushed as or in place of the new52 t-shirt guy.I am sorry..This is a rule-book clinging boyscout no different than clark.This is how conner is written normally.There is no amount of robin hood in this dude.Just teen angst with city life is all.

If they were serious with that conner would be set in pop culture as the bad influence for jon..The one who helps him sneak out and junk.That clearly ain't the case.As said, manchester black and superman dynamic>>>>superfamily dynamics.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-25-2023 at 10:00 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    And it would look pretty bad to do that with DC's first openly gay Asian character.
    You what? There was no other queer Asians in DC before Jay Nakamura?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If y'all want to share your thoughts:

Benny more or less says what I've been feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    If y'all want to share your thoughts:

Benny more or less says what I've been feeling.
    Hit the nail on the head.

Age was stupid.

Kid Jon was great character.

DC should have let him age normally.