Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Him pointing out Jon has only existed for 5 years & his 1st half was so unique but they just decided to skip all his character development annoys me to my core.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    If y'all want to share your thoughts:

Benny more or less says what I've been feeling.
    Oh I feel the same. Jon had so much potential, growing into his powers, getting to know the super hero community, etc. All of it tossed away for a half-assed (even at the time) attempt at a new main line-up. And Benny did propose a solution that even I would be okay with in the video. That way, those that like teen Jon can still have him, and those of us that like kid Jon get him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Him pointing out Jon has only existed for 5 years & his 1st half was so unique but they just decided to skip all his character development annoys me to my core.
    He's existed for eight years actually. Rebirth was in 2016, seven years ago, he debuted in Convergeance: Superman in May 2015.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

As noted Jon suffers from the fact his age-up was purely because of the 5G legacy character implementation. Jon was intended to replace his father when that whole thing was still being in the works. And even when that got cancelled they still went forward with the legacy characters in some manor such as Jace Fox Batman, Yara Flor Wonder Woman, Jo Mullein in Green Lantern, Jackson Hyde as Aquaman, and Jess Chambers got a Teen Justice book that shows them ascending to the Flash of their universe.

Which now that I think about it, Jon is currently the only one of the Legacy League characters with a book. For instance Jace recently had his cancelled, and Yara had hers a while ago and has sublimated into being a supporting character for Diana. Which might indicate DC be losing interest in the legacy characters.

So its a question what will happen to Jon after Taylor's Adventure book ends.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 04-01-2023 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    As noted Jon suffers from the fact his age-up was purely because of the 5G legacy character implementation. Jon was intended to replace his father when that whole thing was still being in the works. And even when that got cancelled they still went forward with the legacy characters in some manor such as Jace Fox Batman and Yara Flor Wonder Woman.

Which now that I think about it, Jon is currently the only one of the Legacy League characters with a book. Jace recently had his cancelled, and Yara had hers a while ago and has sublimated into being a supporting character for Diana. Which might indicate DC be losing interest in the legacy characters.

all comes done how the Mini-series goes coming how much Taylor trying to get that IJ sales

but i think they try to put him on some sort of team like the titans or even that rumor "Justice legacy" with the G5 characters

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    all comes done how the Mini-series goes coming how much Taylor trying to get that IJ sales

but i think they try to put him on some sort of team like the titans or even that rumor "Justice legacy" with the G5 characters
    Yeah it depends how this does, it might end up being the end of Taylor's tenure or not.

Now that I think about it Taylor getting a mini is prolly cause his work was among the more profitable compared to the other characters. So I guess DC felt he warranted one more series to write.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    As noted Jon suffers from the fact his age-up was purely because of the 5G legacy character implementation. Jon was intended to replace his father when that whole thing was still being in the works. And even when that got cancelled they still went forward with the legacy characters in some manor such as Jace Fox Batman, Yara Flor Wonder Woman, Jo Mullein in Green Lantern, Jackson Hyde as Aquaman, and Jess Chambers got a Teen Justice book that shows them ascending to the Flash of their universe.

Which now that I think about it, Jon is currently the only one of the Legacy League characters with a book. For instance Jace recently had his cancelled, and Yara had hers a while ago and has sublimated into being a supporting character for Diana. Which might indicate DC be losing interest in the legacy characters.

The thing is though...Teen Jon's had 2 failed ongoings in less than 5 years. This mini would have to have incredible sales to make DC continue to invest in him at this point. And even if the mini does well...there's an easy argument to make that it was only popular due to all the other elements (Injustice,Ultraman,multiverse) that were in it.
    Last edited by Knightsilver; 04-01-2023 at 08:11 PM.

Leaks for the new issue of the mini

spoilers:
    Injustice Superman does a MoS-style neck snap on Ultraman.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

And DC subreddit actually telling me this mini wasn't shilling out to promote Injustice

god im so glade he not writing jon after this the bi-superman deserves a better writer then this

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Ohohoho no way, holy **** spoilers:
    Ultraman was a fucking red herring all along.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    The thing is though...Teen Jon's had 2 failed ongoings in less than 5 years. This mini would have to have incredible sales to make DC continue to invest in him at this point. And even if the mini does well...there's an easy argument to make that it was only popular due to all the other elements (Injustice,Ultraman,multiverse) that were in it.
    Its pretty funny. Jon was written by 2 high profile writers (quality of their actual writing aside) and both got cancelled in the end.

Not sure what else you can say about a character's direction if they keep getting cancelled. At that point you might as well do something else.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 04-02-2023 at 05:53 PM.

Spectacular Member

Idk what DC is trying to do with Jon. He was such a great character before Bendis and overall he isn’t well received afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    Idk what DC is trying to do with Jon
    Dc put all their money on 5g and it crash and burned before it was born and now they're so aimless & press between two hard place because unlike say Jace (who can just be forgotten as he never really interact with the mythos apart form name alone) or Yara (who can stand on her own as supporting WW character due to being a element of the amazons mythos) Jon is massively integrated and rooted in the Superman mythos and story. He's Clark canonical son meaning they can't just erase him from the picture or sideline for too long without him coming back and after they set him up to be 5g superman they simply want to "get their money worth" out of it

so what they're doing; "Hey __ can you do an interesting pitch with adult Jon to see if we can actually work it out?"

Spectacular Member

Well what they’re doing isn’t working very well imo

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Nice. Thats good news.

No it's not. spoilers:
    If Ultraman was killed by a different Superman, Jon's been robbed of his revenge.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman