Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Very foolish take from PKJ. Making Jon 13/14 young enough to team up with Damien and have kiddish adventures yet old enough to have a queer crush/relationship would be the perfect compromise that would appease all of the fanbase. It's really sad that DC editorial can't see that
    A lot of the time it really is better to just stay quiet otherwise you get statements like these where you just put your foot in your mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Clark Kent's identity being restored is entirely different. That has nothing to do with sexuality and it doesn't devalue the character.
    Neither does de-aging Jon.

Clark Kent's identity being restored is entirely different. That has nothing to do with sexuality and it doesn't devalue the character.
    It's really bizzare how people conflate de-aging Jon Kent with his sexuality.

I’m just so ready for Jay to get left behind it’s not even funny anymore I need Taylor off Jon so someone can break them up he is so boring & bland!

Very foolish take from PKJ. Making Jon 13/14 young enough to team up with Damien and have kiddish adventures yet old enough to have a queer crush/relationship would be the perfect compromise that would appease all of the fanbase. It's really sad that DC editorial can't see that
    I agree I think a lot of people would be happy with that tossing him in college was idiotic even more so because they still try & push the friendship with Damien & IDC I think their dynamic is weird now no one’s been able to capture the genuiness of the friendship with Jon as he is now.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

It's really bizzare how people conflate de-aging Jon Kent with his sexuality.
    I think its due to the awareness that Teen Jon doesn't have any sort of leg to stand so they lob bi-erasure against de-aging cause otherwise there's literally no reason not to de-age him

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I think its due to the awareness that Teen Jon doesn't have any sort of leg to stand so they lob bi-erasure against de-aging cause otherwise there's literally no reason not to de-age him
    Agreed. After nearly half a decade...the only thing that can be used to "justify" his existence...is constantly claiming "bi-erasure" that isn't even true. He has 0 personality and interesting stories to speak of.
    Last edited by Knightsilver; 01-04-2023 at 12:06 PM.

DC Forum Appreciation Thread Rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree(s) of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.
    Let's remember the rules of the thread, guys and gals and everything else!

Let's remember the rules of the thread, guys and gals and everything else!

Wow,you know you are insanely late bringing thst out right ? Every thread about Jon is almost Only about this
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I forgot who theorized Damian may forget Jon but after reading Batman today I don’t think Damian would be unable to remember if both Dick Grayson and Tim Drake can.
    That was me, even though it was less a theory and more a "you know what would make an interesting plotline" idea.
    Even though I have to say that pretty much everyone in the batfam remembering except Damian would only add to the drama.

But I assume DC doesn't want to deal with the potentially interesting problems this would cause and is only interested in non-hero characters not knowing again.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Omg now thst would show DC having some big balls right there.making Damian forget his best friend,and how that effects Jon and how he would fight to get it back would be huge imo
    Honestly I think it's the kind of drama that would get more people interested in what's going on with Jon again.
    Of course it should be resolved after some time, not something that goes on forever. But I genuinely think this would have been a great plotline for Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Honestly I think it's the kind of drama that would get more people interested in what's going on with Jon again.
    Of course it should be resolved after some time, not something that goes on forever. But I genuinely think this would have been a great plotline for Jon.
    Agreed,this would be a status quo change thst actually made a difference
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Jon kent is Dr manhantan

Jon kent is Dr manhantan
    We'll thats one way of getting him out of his father's shadow lol.

Wow,you know you are insanely late bringing thst out right ? Every thread about Jon is almost Only about this
    It's never too late to make a difference. That's what Superman taught me!