Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default John Henry Irons/Steel Appreciation 2023

Our favorite super-genius has a lot to look forward to this year!

In the comics John Henry Irons and his niece Natasha are finally getting their own series again with Steelworks from an unknown creative team (I’m hoping it’s Pak writing). Pitch is it’s John training Nat while also building technology to help reshape Metropolis and improve the lives of everyone there. Lana Lang may also return here as John’s LI per PKJ teasing she is being used outside of Action, another reason I’m hoping Pak is writing. Besides Steelworks Irons is also crucial to PKJ’s Action Comics where Metallo will be hunting Irons down to force the good doctor to find a way to save Metallo from his terminal decaying. Given Priest wrote the character before I would not be surprised if Irons showed up in his upcoming Superman: Lost mini.

Outside of comics we have our second live action JHI in Wole Parks returning for S3 of S&L which promises to feature JHI heavily given Intergang’s involvement, with them being the ones who killed the JHI of the “main” Earth.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Regarding Natasha I would like to see her romance with Traci 13 recanonized. Traci being to the Superfamily what Zatanna is to the Batfamily is my ideal place for her and tying her and Nat together would make that easier I think.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Big year for Steel as a supporting character, between PKJ's plans for him in Action Comics, being seemingly the main force and public face (now that Clark's secret ID is back) behind the transformation of Metropolis, and the upcoming Season 3 of Superman & Lois (a show that has tons of flaws as we all know, but Wole Parks' JHI is for the most part not one of them).

As a protagonist himself? I'm not convinced that the announced "Steelworks" isn't just a one-shot, personally. I'd love to be proved wrong, we'll be down to just the two core ongoings once Adventures of Superman ends, after all, but my intuition tells me it's not an ongoing.

happy New Year to John Henry and his fans .

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Big year for Steel as a supporting character, between PKJ's plans for him in Action Comics, being seemingly the main force and public face (now that Clark's secret ID is back) behind the transformation of Metropolis, and the upcoming Season 3 of Superman & Lois (a show that has tons of flaws as we all know, but Wole Parks' JHI is for the most part not one of them).

As a protagonist himself? I'm not convinced that the announced "Steelworks" isn't just a one-shot, personally. I'd love to be proved wrong, we'll be down to just the two core ongoings once Adventures of Superman ends, after all, but my intuition tells me it's not an ongoing.
    I expect it will be a 6 issue miniseries with the option for more if it’s received well. GWW’s Poison Ivy started out as a 6 issue mini, then it got bumped up to a 12 issue mini because of sales and critical reception, and Wilson hinted today that it may have just gotten bumped up to full ongoing status. I expect that’s how DC will operate with these B and C-Listers going forward.

Irons made it to the end of DC vs. Vampires alive!

Given the obvious sequel tease I guess we’ll be seeing him again at some point.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Regarding Natasha I would like to see her romance with Traci 13 recanonized. Traci being to the Superfamily what Zatanna is to the Batfamily is my ideal place for her and tying her and Nat together would make that easier I think.
    While I am generally a fan of the new jacket look, I'm not quite sold on Natasha's. Not sure if its the hood or the length of the thing, but it doesn't seem quite as cool as some of the others (my faves are prob Kara and Kenan).

Regardless, def glad to see some more Steel fam action on the horizon.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I prefer Traci with Jaime but it doesn't seem like anybody on the comics side cares.
    Irons made it to the end of DC vs. Vampires alive!

Given the obvious sequel tease I guess we’ll be seeing him again at some point.
    One silver lining about this book .

PKJ said on Word Balloon that he does know who is writing Steelworks and needs to email them because the Irons will be crucial for Action since they’re going to be the architects of the new Metropolis. So he wants to coordinate with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I prefer Traci with Jaime but it doesn't seem like anybody on the comics side cares.

One silver lining about this book .
    With the movie giving him a new LI I think we can assume that relationship with Jaime has been sunk.

Thsts look,is.that a actual suit he wore,or is it fan made?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Thsts look,is.that a actual suit he wore,or is it fan made?
    That toy itself is a custom fan made job (sadly) but it’s reminiscent of his Bogdanove look:

That toy itself is a custom fan made job (sadly) but it’s reminiscent of his Bogdanove look:

Yeah the destro head and the not so smooth look thru me off lol.cool Pic of steel by the OG
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Looking forward to more John Henry Irons from Wole Parks on this season of SAL.