Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Kenan Kong/Super-Man of China Appreciation 2023

Finally have enough content coming our way to justify a new thread!

It’s been rough ever since Gene Yang’s New Super-Man series ended, with Kenan passed over in favor of other choices as prime successors to Clark, but his fortunes appear to be on the rise! He’s finally going to be showing up consistently again in Action Comics where he will be on the main Superfamily team and developing a friendship/rivalry with Conner. Given Yang’s involvement I am also hoping to get confirmation that Kenan will be involved in Lazarus Planet, if only just to see Yang write the character more again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

He rocks the jacket look.

I'm hoping he gets to reunite with the other JLC members.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-31-2022 at 09:05 PM.

Baxi’s in Batman, Inc and Avery might end up being the Flash for Jon’s gen, but Peng and the NK Aquaman are MIA. I’d like to see someone get the band back together.

Not expecting it unless Yang managed to use them in Lazarus Planet.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

While Kenan's original look is pretty great, he totally rocks the jacket. Looking forward to some action for him this year!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Kenan my man I'm glad you and Avery are still around. I wish more was done to incorporate Peng into the Wonder Family. She deserves it.

Looking forward to his buzzcut in Action Comics!

Considering how WW's supporting cast is treated usually I'd prefer if Peng was moved as far as possible from her. Just because Peng was China's WW doesn't mean that she has to continue being that.

As for Kenan, I hope that pairing with Conner clicks with the fans and leads to some mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Finally have enough content coming our way to justify a new thread!

It’s been rough ever since Gene Yang’s New Super-Man series ended, with Kenan passed over in favor of other choices as prime successors to Clark, but his fortunes appear to be on the rise! He’s finally going to be showing up consistently again in Action Comics where he will be on the main Superfamily team and developing a friendship/rivalry with Conner. Given Yang’s involvement I am also hoping to get confirmation that Kenan will be involved in Lazarus Planet, if only just to see Yang write the character more again.
    Can't wait to checkout his dynamic with Kon. Always had the idea that the two'd make for some very interesting banter.

They'd bounce well off each other.

Baxi’s in Batman, Inc and Avery might end up being the Flash for Jon’s gen, but Peng and the NK Aquaman are MIA. I’d like to see someone get the band back together.

Not expecting it unless Yang managed to use them in Lazarus Planet.
    Baixi got buff in his Batman incorporated appearance. I could see Kenan teasing him about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Considering how WW's supporting cast is treated usually I'd prefer if Peng was moved as far as possible from her. Just because Peng was China's WW doesn't mean that she has to continue being that.

As for Kenan, I hope that pairing with Conner clicks with the fans and leads to some mini.
    I agree with the miniseries idea. I don't mind if Peng gets a more unique name but I wouldn't mind if she interacted more with the WW mythos.
    Cool take.

Happy New Year to Kenan (and the JLC) and their fans .

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Looking forward to his buzzcut in Action Comics!
    Sandoval makes it look ok:

But man it would be so much better if he and Kon switched hairstyles. Mora already had the perfect Kenan updated look!

I'm liking the Monkey Prince so I'm hoping Kenan can meet up with him.

I also liked his appearance in Connor Hawke's Pride Annthology special. So I don't mind a follow up on it.

Sandoval makes it look ok:

But man it would be so much better if he and Kon switched hairstyles. Mora already had the perfect Kenan updated look!

You think fans of Conner are ready for a more lex (with hair ) look for him?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I'm fine with Conner's hair, but Kenan needs a new look. I liked his original do. He and Conner can give each other hair tips.