Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

It's Baixi. I assume that Batarang he used came from Wonder-Woman? She's a sea snake goddess after all.

I did assume Kenan's name was pronounced Kee-nan, and I bet most readers did.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Most readers probably did not know how to pronounce his name considering how badly the average American mangles foreign names. Iíve seen some people assume his first name is ďKongĒ because Yang used the Chinese naming convention of Family Name first and Personal Name second.

Yeah I assumed Peng gave Baxi some magic weapons.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Loved that final page, I hope that it will be followed up by someone eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Most readers probably did not know how to pronounce his name considering how badly the average American mangles foreign names. I’ve seen some people assume his first name is “Kong” because Yang used the Chinese naming convention of Family Name first and Personal Name second.
    Not sure how you make that mistake when both Bat-Man and Wonder-Woman have names which have the same initials as their Western counterparts - Peng Dailan and Wang Baixi. That's DP and BW, the same as Diana Prince and Bruce Wayne. Kenan's the only one of the original three JLC members who has a different initial, but c and k sound the same. Flash of course totally averts the naming pattern, but that's because Yang didn't create Avery Ho, who debuted in Barry's book then joined the team. If Yang had created her she'd probably have a name that begins with BA.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Loved that final page, I hope that it will be followed up by someone eventually.
    I’m delusional in hoping to see Yang be the final Superstar creator for 2024. Even just a three issue arc follow up focusing on Kenan would be welcome because he left Kenan in the perfect spot for some prime drama.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    His best look (and hair) .

Speaking of hair

Merry Christmas Kenan fans .

And so Kenan final appearance in PKJ run ended how it began with him mostly in the background not doing anything of note but hey at least they've finally fixed his hair.
    Last edited by walk; 12-25-2023 at 10:09 PM.

Alas I don’t expect any major difference in Action’s handling of the Superfamily under the Superstars. Perhaps in 2025 we might actually see someone write Action as a proper team book, but at least I got Yang’s backups and the ball rolling on Kenan being more involved with the rest of the Supers out of it.

Extraordinary Member

With Conner hanging out with Avery Ho in Speed Force, I’m surprised Conner hasn’t brought up anything with Kenan there.

Conner's out of place in that book. They act like he's been pals with Kid Flash for ages, but Impulse is his long term speedster buddy, not Ace. I don't think the writer knows their history - which would explain the subject of Kenan not coming up.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Conner's out of place in that book. They act like he's been pals with Kid Flash for ages, but Impulse is his long term speedster buddy, not Ace. I don't think the writer knows their history - which would explain the subject of Kenan not coming up.
    Which is especially strange since it's really recent history. Maybe they just didn't want to use Kenan at all? Which is a bummer there's no references since they were truly a great pair in Action Superfam.
    ďLook, you canít put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They havenít even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you canít put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasnít even been introduced.Ē ó Sam
    ďWhere the hell are you from? Krypton?Ē ó Edgar Frog