Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 256
  1. #16
    Invincible Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    25,925

    Default

    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  2. #17
    Kon-El "The Scion" SuperX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

    Either through kryptonian speed learning,lexs genius,or tactile senses,Conner should be able to speak with Kenan Kong perfectly
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

  3. #18
    Invincible Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    25,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Either through kryptonian speed learning,lexs genius,or tactile senses,Conner should be able to speak with Kenan Kong perfectly
    I’m curious if PKJ keeps the whole “Kenan doesn’t know English” that Yang established. I hope so, it was a funny character trait that led to amusing interactions like the one I posted. Wouldn’t mind him learning English over the course of his time with the Superfamily but I don’t want him to suddenly be proficient.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  4. #19
    Mighty Member Superboy-Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Earth-33
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m curious if PKJ keeps the whole “Kenan doesn’t know English” that Yang established. I hope so, it was a funny character trait that led to amusing interactions like the one I posted. Wouldn’t mind him learning English over the course of his time with the Superfamily but I don’t want him to suddenly be proficient.
    Yes! Yes! Yes!

  5. #20
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    113,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m curious if PKJ keeps the whole “Kenan doesn’t know English” that Yang established. I hope so, it was a funny character trait that led to amusing interactions like the one I posted. Wouldn’t mind him learning English over the course of his time with the Superfamily but I don’t want him to suddenly be proficient.
    Hopefully PKJ keeps a lot of what Yang made work with Kenan and doesn't make him fall into a standardized or generic characterization.

  6. #21
    Mighty Member Superboy-Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Earth-33
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hopefully PKJ keeps a lot of what Yang made work with Kenan and doesn't make him fall into a standardized or generic characterization.
    He's said a few times he wants to make them all definitively unique with personality and stuff a bunch of times when asked about the new status quo SOOOOOO I think we don't have anything to worry about there.

  7. #22
    Invincible Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    25,925

    Default

    If he does keep Kenan not being a proficient English speaker then I want the color coded dialogue to return too. That made it easier to remind people what language everyone was speaking.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  8. #23
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    113,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    He's said a few times he wants to make them all definitively unique with personality and stuff a bunch of times when asked about the new status quo SOOOOOO I think we don't have anything to worry about there.
    That's great in concept, whether the execution holds up is another matter.

  9. #24
    Invincible Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    25,925

    Default

    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  10. #25
    Extraordinary Member Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,028

    Default

    I always been kinda confused with the origin of Kenanís powers. Doesnít he have the soul of Superbro with him?

  11. #26
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    113,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I always been kinda confused with the origin of Kenan’s powers. Doesn’t he have the soul of Superbro with him?
    I need to reread Yang's run!

  12. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I always been kinda confused with the origin of Kenan’s powers. Doesn’t he have the soul of Superbro with him?
    Yes.

    His powers are technically chi manipulation.

  13. #28
    Invincible Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    25,925

    Default

    Good news for me: PKJ confirmed that Kenan still doesn’t know English. Kon will be teaching him English by playing video games with him and watching 80s action movies . Two of them are going to be bros but also giving each other major ****. Kenan will continue thinking he’s the greatest, doesn’t feel at a disadvantage compared to the rest at all! Sounds like PKJ has the basics down on who Kenan is!

    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I always been kinda confused with the origin of Kenan’s powers. Doesn’t he have the soul of Superbro with him?
    Kind of, his powers came from Dr. Omen stealing some of Superbro’s power after Superbro used his Solar Flare, but he’s only able to fully unlock his powers by aligning his chi with Superman’s. There’s a scientific and a mystical component to his powers in other words.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  14. #29
    Kon-El "The Scion" SuperX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3,486

    Default

    Is he kryptonian level of power?
    Can he access all the powers all at the same time? Or is it like ultra boy ?
    Doesn't he have extra abilities thst comes from the chi?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

  15. #30
    Invincible Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    25,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Is he kryptonian level of power?
    Can he access all the powers all at the same time? Or is it like ultra boy ?
    Doesn't he have extra abilities thst comes from the chi?
    He’s got all the Kryptonian powers:



    But there’s also a magical side to him that grants him other abilities from time to time:

    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •