Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Not expecting it but I would like an update on where Kenan and Avery currently stand.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Not expecting it but I would like an update on where Kenan and Avery currently stand.
    Yeah, I remember some romance drama from this era.

Kenan was with that science girl who jumped ship with them (I think) but he and Avery clearly had the hots for each other (as demonstrated by that kiss).

Meanwhile Avery had a crush on Wallace but he ended up with Emiko and was oblivious to her feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I remember some romance drama from this era.

Kenan was with that science girl who jumped ship with them (I think) but he and Avery clearly had the hots for each other (as demonstrated by that kiss).

Meanwhile Avery had a crush on Wallace but he ended up with Emiko and was oblivious to her feelings.

Tight skin tight cloth on perfectly built characters,I can see them having the hots for each other a lot
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Good news for me: PKJ confirmed that Kenan still doesn’t know English. Kon will be teaching him English by playing video games with him and watching 80s action movies . Two of them are going to be bros but also giving each other major ****. Kenan will continue thinking he’s the greatest, doesn’t feel at a disadvantage compared to the rest at all! Sounds like PKJ has the basics down on who Kenan is!

Kind of, his powers came from Dr. Omen stealing some of Superbro’s power after Superbro used his Solar Flare, but he’s only able to fully unlock his powers by aligning his chi with Superman’s. There’s a scientific and a mystical component to his powers in other words.
    Then shouldn’t he need a new origin for his powers ? Superbro doesn’t really exist anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Then shouldn’t he need a new origin for his powers ? Superbro doesn’t really exist anymore.
    Eventually he’ll probably get one but it’s pretty easy to just retcon it as “Superman let loose a bunch of energy during his usage of a Solar Flare in the past, Omen captured some of that energy and used it for Kenan”. Superbro’s death isn’t critical to Omen empowering Kenan, so it’s the kind of detail that’s not very relevant, what’s relevant is Omen wanting China to have their own Superman. Constant origin rewrites to try and accommodate DC’s endless continuity shifts have been the downfall of Clark.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Eventually he’ll probably get one but it’s pretty easy to just retcon it as “Superman let loose a bunch of energy during his usage of a Solar Flare in the past, Omen captured some of that energy and used it for Kenan”. Superbro’s death isn’t critical to Omen empowering Kenan, so it’s the kind of detail that’s not very relevant, what’s relevant is Omen wanting China to have their own Superman. Constant origin rewrites to try and accommodate DC’s endless continuity shifts have been the downfall of Clark.

He got his powers like a episode of Smallville or Lois and Clark lol.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Has Clark even used that power again?

Good news for me: PKJ confirmed that Kenan still doesn’t know English. Kon will be teaching him English by playing video games with him and watching 80s action movies . Two of them are going to be bros but also giving each other major ****. Kenan will continue thinking he’s the greatest, doesn’t feel at a disadvantage compared to the rest at all! Sounds like PKJ has the basics down on who Kenan is!
    That all sounds very good, now I just hope that there are enough pages/panels to showcase these ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Has Clark even used that power again?
    Maybe Bendis had him use it to fight Rogal during The Man of Steel miniseries but that’s the latest I can recall. Easy enough to establish that world governments have invented ways to depower Superman, you could even have Lex build them and sell them to other countries such as China. For Kenan all that matters is that he wasn’t chosen by Clark to “don the cape” as it were.

Was it a solar flare or when new 52 Supes died,did Kenan get them? How does a solar flare give you every individual power of Superman,and not turn you into the human torch?

Reading the book is an easier way to answer your questions than asking me to explain it

Reading the book is an easier way to answer your questions than asking me to explain it

So the energy contained and harnessed by them has memory in it? So is he using it like superman only because thsts how he perceives how.to thru the memory,or some other way?

Early Rebirth Superman was a mess as far as "big picture" goes and Kenan was hurt by it a bit, not as much Superwoman thou.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    So the energy contained and harnessed by them has memory in it? So is he using it like superman only because thsts how he perceives how.to thru the memory,or some other way?
    Something like that yes. It’s shown that there’s a spiritual/magical element to Kenan’s powers beyond just the scientific origin of Omen stealing solar energy from Superman and using it to modify Kenan.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Early Rebirth Superman was a mess as far as "big picture" goes and Kenan was hurt by it a bit, not as much Superwoman thou.
    Rebirth flat out broke everything continuity wise and there’s no real way to make it all fit. I just choose not to think too hard about everything, but I guess with the whole “everything matters” attitude of DC you can assume that Superman getting rebooted is a canon in-universe thing that happened and people remember.