Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This is cute .

Not expecting it but I would like an update on where Kenan and Avery currently stand.
    Me too. Maybe he and Conner can commiserate over their love lives?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Then shouldn’t he need a new origin for his powers ? Superbro doesn’t really exist anymore.
    You could tie it to the Death of Superman storyline. His chi manipulation abilities manifested around the moment Superman dies. Learning how to seperate Superman's chi from his own is his first big arc.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Considering how WW's supporting cast is treated usually I'd prefer if Peng was moved as far as possible from her. Just because Peng was China's WW doesn't mean that she has to continue being that.
    Yeah, Peng Deilan turned out to be completely unrelated to the rest of the Wonder family and was actually a snake goddess. Perhaps she should get a new superhero name which reflects her true origin?

I’m curious if PKJ keeps the whole “Kenan doesn’t know English” that Yang established. I hope so, it was a funny character trait that led to amusing interactions like the one I posted. Wouldn’t mind him learning English over the course of his time with the Superfamily but I don’t want him to suddenly be proficient.
    I'd have him as starting to learn it since he became Super-Man, but not being completely fluent. He knows enough to have understood Lois Lane's instructions during the Warworld arc when he was appearing alongside Conner, Steel and Supergirl in the Action Comics backups.

Kind of, his powers came from Dr. Omen stealing some of Superbro’s power after Superbro used his Solar Flare, but he’s only able to fully unlock his powers by aligning his chi with Superman’s. There’s a scientific and a mystical component to his powers in other words.
    That origin was retconned and replaced by the chi manipulation thing. New 52 Superman never existed in current continuity.

Early Rebirth Superman was a mess as far as "big picture" goes and Kenan was hurt by it a bit, not as much Superwoman thou.
    Yeah, Lana ended up losing her powers because of Superman Reborn. The origin getting negated pissed off the creative team so much that the book had to be wrapped up by someone else.

Baxi’s in Batman, Inc and Avery might end up being the Flash for Jon’s gen, but Peng and the NK Aquaman are MIA. I’d like to see someone get the band back together.
    I don't think there's one single Flash for the generation. Damian and Jace would both count as the generation's bat, and probably Ace and Avery for Flash. As for Green Arrow, Emiko and Red Canary would both count, at least, maybe even Cheshire Cat as well. And both Speedy and Arrowette for Tim's generation.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-10-2023 at 05:57 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Avery is who they’re using for the big legacy spread:

If they ever do put together a “Legacy League” then I expect she will get Jess’ spot. She’s around the same age as Jon, Jace, Yara, etc if I remember right. Shame they didn’t choose Kenan as the Superman for 5G.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Avery is who they’re using for the big legacy spread:

If they ever do put together a “Legacy League” then I expect she will get Jess’ spot. She’s around the same age as Jon, Jace, Yara, etc if I remember right. Shame they didn’t choose Kenan as the Superman for 5G.

I wish they did.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-11-2023 at 07:39 PM.

Avery has also been around for some time doing things so I think many fans would be more receptive to her than to Jess.

Avery has also been around for some time doing things so I think many fans would be more receptive to her than to Jess.
    I like Avery but i don't think she would've been more of a draw than Jesse. Same with Luke and Jace as the next Batman.

Most replacements would have a hard time. The exceptions tend to be the ones that are close to the main character like Clea and Doctor Strange. So they should've just used Dick and his friends..

I like Kenan more than Jon but Conner was the safer option.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-13-2023 at 09:32 AM.

No one was ever going to be fully on board with their favorites being replaced, regardless of who said replacements were. Even guys who have “earned it” like Dick becoming Batman have a bunch of naysayers proclaiming he should stay as Nightwing and nobody can ever really replace Bruce Wayne. I’m personally just interested in whether the replacement has the foundation to bring something new to the mantle in terms of background or personality, Kenan has that in spades compared to Clark, I don’t think Avery does even though I like her a lot. Personality wise she’s a quipper just like most Flashes, but she does have the benefit of not being a West or an Allen.

No one was ever going to be fully on board with their favorites being replaced, regardless of who said replacements were. Even guys who have “earned it” like Dick becoming Batman have a bunch of naysayers proclaiming he should stay as Nightwing and nobody can ever really replace Bruce Wayne. I’m personally just interested in whether the replacement has the foundation to bring something new to the mantle in terms of background or personality, Kenan has that in spades compared to Clark, I don’t think Avery does even though I like her a lot. Personality wise she’s a quipper just like most Flashes, but she does have the benefit of not being a West or an Allen.
    She seemed like the weak link of the JLC but she came in too late. I'd be into Yang returning to write her so he could give her that special something that the others have.

I'd be into Dragonson being the 5g aquaman. He ends up defecting so he's an outsider to Atlantis.

With the rest of the Superfamily back to having secret identities, I’m interested to see if Kenan’s identity is still public.

It should be. Jon's went secret because he was automatically outed along with Clark. That shouldn't have resulted in Kenan's being made secret again as he's not directly related to him - the same goes for the Steels. Only Clark, Jon and Conner should've had their secret identities restored. Kara's identity as Kara Danvers is already kaput anyway as her DEO agent adoptive parents were killed off in Leviathan - she never actually outed herself, she was just off world between then and Dark Crisis. Power Girl's Karen Starr identity was never outed in the first place.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Practically speaking I fully expect it to just be “the Kents/Els all have their secret identities restored, the Irons/Kenan continue as they were”. Would be funny if Lex screwed Kenan over out of spite by making him unable to brag to others about his identity.

Practically speaking I fully expect it to just be “the Kents/Els all have their secret identities restored, the Irons/Kenan continue as they were”. Would be funny if Lex screwed Kenan over out of spite by making him unable to brag to others about his identity.

Curious if we'll get a Justice League of China update from his presence here.